Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835947 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3075 on: March 26, 2012, 11:29:11 am »

Welded chrome is cheaper to make now, and only ornamental. The backup saves are done by DF, nothing I can do about it, but I usually rename my folders for easier ID. Not "Region1", but "Skyfort - Current", for example. Is displayed like that ingame as well.

The cave fungi/living rock is a good find, I can easily fix that, by removing the reactions with the button as well.

Maybe you could add something like, if not VAPORSTONE true set [IS_STONE], if that is possible.
Already done :) (for the next release)

I also wrote the graphics file for all the sprites, all done. Tested in arena, works.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: March 26, 2012, 03:15:12 pm »

meph - this next version is going to be crazy good - perhaps even worthy of a 2.0 =) thank you again for all your hard work on on this - this is becoming more like an expansion set then a mod, per se! absolutely all the best -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:04 pm »

i just had an unlucky dwarf find a zombie ambush - he escaped by some miracle of a squad of mithril golems comming to intervene

few days later he transforms into a zombie. but retained his civilian qualities - afraid of military.. got tired of him scaring my slaves so i sent first squad. 5 legendary spear weilders

got tired of waiting on them to kill it. added the golems to the mix...

fighting him for weeks.. my dwarves are passing out in exhaustion. send in my skilled yet not ready for the front lines axe dwarves

weeks later they are -still- hacking at him golems beating him. they've severed every part of him. every attack just "passes through" . he wont simply die. or go away, he is literately a figment of their imagination and of course if i turn the military off they keep fighting him.. and if i disband them. they have a habit of "getting naked" before returning to work.. and being a naked civvy makes the zombie hungry... =(><)=

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:14 pm »

i just had an unlucky dwarf find a zombie ambush - he escaped by some miracle of a squad of mithril golems comming to intervene

few days later he transforms into a zombie. but retained his civilian qualities - afraid of military.. got tired of him scaring my slaves so i sent first squad. 5 legendary spear weilders

got tired of waiting on them to kill it. added the golems to the mix...

fighting him for weeks.. my dwarves are passing out in exhaustion. send in my skilled yet not ready for the front lines axe dwarves

weeks later they are -still- hacking at him golems beating him. they've severed every part of him. every attack just "passes through" . he wont simply die. or go away, he is literately a figment of their imagination and of course if i turn the military off they keep fighting him.. and if i disband them. they have a habit of "getting naked" before returning to work.. and being a naked civvy makes the zombie hungry... =(><)=

I think someone mentioned having a similar issue with a zombie baby earlier. Meph MAY have figured out what's causing it but I think he's definitely aware. I think Meph also mentioned he might be removing his zombies or something.

I say throw him in lava ;p

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: March 26, 2012, 04:23:06 pm »

"The peasant stares with obsidian eyes at his foe.
The Kea are petrified and cant move"

-that must be a hell of a scary gaze :)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: March 26, 2012, 05:22:20 pm »

Holly Shit, even the Kia are afraid of him!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: March 26, 2012, 07:08:12 pm »

just got hit by 3 sieges while being under a siege by the same civ, war elephants >.>
the weird part is the additional 3 sieges dropped 2/3 of their weapons on the edge of the map

btw how do i build the trap engineer's shop? i can't seem to figure out what these 4 trap components are >.<
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

terminal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: March 26, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »

BUG:  Whenever I transform a dwarf in the guild hall, he is no longer visible in Therapist.  He also has his caste title inserted into his name.

Is there a more formal place to submit bugs?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: March 26, 2012, 07:49:54 pm »

just got hit by 3 sieges while being under a siege by the same civ, war elephants >.>
the weird part is the additional 3 sieges dropped 2/3 of their weapons on the edge of the map

btw how do i build the trap engineer's shop? i can't seem to figure out what these 4 trap components are >.<

yeah, i've seen war elephants drop their bows too. maybe they can hold nothing, or only some things in trunk?  i guess they don't have hands.

trap engineer, you use stuff that gets stockpiled under "Trap components" in the weapon stockpile.  spikes, giant axe blades, saw blades or discs, probably rams or corkscrews.    4 of the same item should be fine.  Glass or even rock is fine.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: March 26, 2012, 07:51:51 pm »

I believe you can use any trap components, that is, weapons specifically designed for weapon traps (serrated disks, axe blades, etc...)

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: March 26, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »

any 4 trap component.
those weapons that can only go in traps.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: March 26, 2012, 10:02:22 pm »

i personally use 4 rams . since wood is so under-rated nao =P. its any 4 trap items really

my first fort 10z levels above flat ground is complete =D only one casualty. my duke.. apparently somehow a floor got built without support. and "collapsed" "near" him and he got flung just right.. to fall out the hole in his room as i was re-innovateing it.... OH WELL.. good thing he didn't take up my artifact coffin.. cause i just moved it... to his tomb...

got 3 squads of 5 dwarves now. all legendary, an entrance way with several turrets (slade / web / bullets) and 5 golems perma stationed there, fort survived for 4 years straight with out my attendance. i consider it a win =D

if it wasn't for golems protecting my entranceway.. there's several FB's that just decimate living things..makes m want to fill my trap hallway with webbers

interesting to note i got sieged by elves riding raptors weilding sladeamantine bows and slade root armor shooting my golems with fire crescent hellwood arrows.. damn what kind of elves are these!? - they're dead jim

Humans sieged me for no reason.. they showed up wearing a helmet. and a weapon only *made out of gold / rose gold*

Drow play nice for now

Dwarves bring like .. 8 wagons .. soooooooo much .. trash to sort through

in the caverns only batmen show up to annoy me with their slade flails - lack of armor makes up for the vicious bite of those slade weaponry

saw my first blobs today after spending several forts in the first level cavern (actually finding it -more- !!FUN!! to immidately dig down to the first cavern and set up my fort there - special limits too like . not building up or down. picking 1 z level and making it mai fort =D .. till the gremlins came

Orcs seemed to mill about till i sent my military after them.. then promptly got slaughtered

i think i spend more time cleaning up after a siege / ambush then i do actually playing the game >.> need to turn off fortress defense so i can .. do stuff

OH . fixed the lag issue i was having by "hiding" all the stone i had mined out to blockify it. then restarting DF with it all hidden also.. mass designating the entire zlevel to be smoothed kills fps

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: March 27, 2012, 06:02:29 am »

Oddity. Modded some of the "transformations" so they last forever. Then had a guy enter my fort, who was previously in an old fort, via migrants. He is still transformed, but shows up as an animal now that can be pastured.

The parody of man now chills with my cows.

Acds

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: March 27, 2012, 07:43:47 am »

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this is the 5th fortress I start that gets no migrants after the first 2 scripted waves (if I'm lucky I sometimes get 1 or 2 dwarves, that's it). Yes I produced wealth, yes I have contact with the dwarf civ and it's alive, yes caravans arrive regularly. Only thing I can think of is too many Fortress Defence races, but testing the theory is hard since it takes quite a while to get to the point of non-scripted migrants (after the first two waves, which is a lot if I have to try a load of combinations).
Am I doing something very, very wrong?

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: March 27, 2012, 08:45:04 am »

I love the Golem Forges.
Finally. Migrants are useful for something.
Turn them into a golem, stuff them into a cage, and trade them away to the next caravan for... whatever you need.
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 749