Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833614 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress -V.0.7 - MAJOR UPDATE!!!
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2012, 02:39:07 am »

Made mining slightly harder.
Note that none of these will work with TEMPERATURE:OFF which you can count on large portions of people playing under if they were looking for higher FPS.
Yes, people will have to turn temperature on for those to work. This might be bad for the FPS, and by extension, this mod's intended goal of simplicity.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress -V.0.7.2 - MAJOR UPDATE!!!
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2012, 04:21:33 am »

meph you said something about increasing the mineral occourence when genning a world, should we still be doing this or have you adjusted that so we no longer need to?

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2012, 05:45:09 am »

I just installed your mod. Great work, i like being able to select exactly what parts i want to use.

I decided to use the volcanic world, but with the original settings most of the civs from Fortress Defense dont survive the world-gen. Is this intended? I turned down my history length to 5 years because i want to be attacked by all of them (including the bonus and challenge ones and your orcs and undead ;))

Also the volcanic world was a bit too dry and cold for me. So i changed some of those settings too. But it turns out i just made my dwarves fat evaporate at embark... i guess setting the max temperature to 400 and then embarking in a schorching biome wasnt such a good idea after all ^^

Kalithor123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2012, 07:00:06 am »

Is the new version save-game compatible to 0.6? I guess not.

It is your time, so whichever you prefer ;) Both solutions have good and bad points. But could you please send me the raws you have done so far ? I am dying to habe a look.
And his German shows through. Also hows that Golden goose workin out?

Na super! Wieso benutze ich dann die ganze Zeit den SCHEISS GOOGLE TRANSLATOR???  :)

kanaak666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2012, 07:36:26 am »

Funny thing happened lately.
I got new batch of migrants (v0.6)and guess what they brought with them?

A Stray Gun Turret (tame).
Is it possible to breed them? ;)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2012, 08:53:28 am »

Babysnatching, thiefing bat-people armed with vicious blades.

I assume they never use a gun or take a life, and mainly operate in the shadows, using fear as their main weapon. Dwarfs are a superstitious cowardly lot, after all.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2012, 09:01:41 am »

Just wondering.

Are you going to make it so that only active military units can use the obstacle course or the training dummies?  Also for clarification the alchemy job is related to the loading and unloading stations correct?  I remember reading that somewhere in the thread, but i couldn't confirm.

Also thanks for the mod.  Very well done.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #307 on: January 13, 2012, 10:37:42 am »

To answer everything:

@rephikul: Damn, good point. Many things about the mod do not work with temp of, like half the turrets, all the mines, now the stones as well... the temple would be absolutely broken, you'd get free steel equipment... the siegers housebar wouldnt work... but I cant see a way around it, if I want to work with syndromes.

@new guy: Maybe more people can play with temp:on now, because they get a ~25% FPS boost from this mod.

@se5a: That is up to you. You can play with simple stone/gem/minerals ON, and in that case I'd recommend high mineral count. But if you choose the vanilla settings for minerals, then it is the same as the orig DF. You want minerals, you can have them ;)

@cheating chicken: I am not the author of Fortress Defense. I dont know how easy or hard it is for those civs to survive in a desert... I made the pre genned worlds so that people who dont know how to use the adv. world editor can play something else for once. I will eventually mod the included mods as well, but right know they are exactly like I downloaded them. I only fixed bugs.

@kalithor123: No it is not. You brauchen eine neue welt, Ja :)

@kanaak666: No. Elven warbeast are breedable, the constructs dont breed.

@Ishar: I wouldnt know about that. ^^ But I could add a caste for them, with a low chance, called The Batman. He has natural skill fighting 15 and no weapon. ;)

@broseiden: Alchemy is used for loading/onloading, yes. I'd love to add:haul_stone and haul_wood, but it is not possible. But again, this is the added wheelbarrow mod, not my creation. Like I said before, I will change them at some time and make the pieces fit together better.

The training courses and dummies are part of the genesis workshops. Ask deon :P If I ever make a training-facility then it will be guildhouses.

@All: Thanks for the feedback, great to see that people like it. If anyone want something added, feel free to adress me ;)

New to do list:
Code: [Select]
Reward system for cave exploring: caveblobs that drop high value items:
- Idea is DONE
- Creatures are WIP
- Item drops na

If alchemy for weapons ammo and such works, make cave blobs drop the needed ingredient:
Fire gem ::: Blood gem ::: Ice gem::: Acid gem ::: Toxic gem
- Idea is DONE
- Implementation HAS TO WAIT TILL DF 31.26

Add ashans generic materials, fixed to meet genesis requirements.
- Idea DONE
- Raws DONE (ALMOST)
- Fitted for genesis na

Reward system for hell breaching. High value plant/tree/pet
- Idea WIP
- Pet creature na
- Demons WIP
- Plant/tree na

Build up the magma tech tree.
- Idea is DONE
- Buildings are DONE
- Reactions WIP
- Testing na
- Make it optional na

Make orc weapons unuseable. na
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:42:45 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #308 on: January 13, 2012, 01:08:20 pm »

Making Orc weapons unusable you must up creature size

Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:6050] - was 4050
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:21000] - was 19000
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:85000] - was 70000 (human size)

and then the orc weapons

will have to be custom. since they use most vanilla. Their custom weapons need to have the MINIMUM_SIZE set to their adult age.

EDIT:
Just had an idea, you should have a section that will make dupe civs. Like the option to have 3 Goblin civs for more invasions. Or more Dwarven civs for Trading (of course 3 different liasons and traders would be awkword for me, but others might enjoy that).

Basically a option to add larger invasions (like the included Fortress Defence Mod) but making even more difficult.

Also I wonder if a civ has clashing ethics and wage war, will they still make peace if they have no Diplomat?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:15:15 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #309 on: January 13, 2012, 02:24:03 pm »

You mean invasion by Goblin A,B and C, that are identical, just to increase the number ? I like the idea. Unfortunately I have to demolish it at the same time. I would rather add a creature that is 3 times more dangerous, then adding 3 smaller creatures. For the sole reason of pathfinding and FPS. I'd love to do it, but when I read about rephikuls mod with big swarms of fish bring down FPS... and a total of 27 enemy civs is more then enough, if you want to set everything to YES. ;)

BTW: I finally found the bug about the fat/tallow/soap thingy. All fat was generic and worked, and es soon as it was made into tallow it got a creature name attached. Penguin man, Pig, Pet turtle... the reason: [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:RENDER_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TALLOW]

It has no local creature mat in the material reaction, so it takes one from the next creature file. at random. I just have to remove the local_creature_mat from the material reaction. :) YEAH.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #310 on: January 13, 2012, 02:37:40 pm »

You mean invasion by Goblin A,B and C, that are identical, just to increase the number ? I like the idea. Unfortunately I have to demolish it at the same time. I would rather add a creature that is 3 times more dangerous, then adding 3 smaller creatures. For the sole reason of pathfinding and FPS. I'd love to do it, but when I read about rephikuls mod with big swarms of fish bring down FPS... and a total of 27 enemy civs is more then enough, if you want to set everything to YES. ;)

BTW: I finally found the bug about the fat/tallow/soap thingy. All fat was generic and worked, and es soon as it was made into tallow it got a creature name attached. Penguin man, Pig, Pet turtle... the reason: [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:RENDER_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TALLOW]

It has no local creature mat in the material reaction, so it takes one from the next creature file. at random. I just have to remove the local_creature_mat from the material reaction. :) YEAH.
Well no need to add three smaller creatures, because a civ can use the same creature :P but I see what you mean. But players that like to stick with vanllia might like more goblins instead of new baddies.

And yeah the soap making reaction just needed to point the the generic soap mat silly :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #311 on: January 13, 2012, 03:40:35 pm »

SUCCESS !

Generic items finally work. Brian, meat, guts, stomach, kidney, liver, spleen, eye, tooth, leather, tallow, fat, soap, flame, chitin, treated chitin, feather, claw, talon, nail, scale and shell are generic.
Bones are normal, but any bone item will be generic.
Skins are normal, but any skin item (leather) will be generic.

Skull should stay as it is, so you can make totems out of specific enemies you killed.

Stuff that mysteriously is not generic: horn, hoof, cartilage, hair , nervous tissue. But only 5 out of 25, so I can live with that. To fix those I would have to alter creature files, and I do not want that.

Genesis creatures with toughskin, toughbones and so on keep these. They are still more powerfull and will generate named items. 

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 13, 2012, 03:52:45 pm »

A generic Brian?
Tell me now, how did you make Brian generic? :P

When is this expected to be included in the downloads?

Ewhalecancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 13, 2012, 04:40:29 pm »

Is Marble not flux in this? I have flux and iron and won't make pig iron.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #314 on: January 13, 2012, 05:00:30 pm »

@ewhalecancer: I bet you have flux and coarse iron. You have to hammer it first into iron in the finishing forge. That is part of the material overhaul. Sry if it is not in the manual yet. It's one of the genesis features.

@cheatingchicken: Magic. And I just updated the download yesterday night. I dont want to overdo it. I will create more content and fix bugs before I make another one. The people might get fed up with downloading it every day ;)

And now: Towards new orc weapons... :)

EDIT: Orc weapons done. Wow, that was easy.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:18:24 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 749