Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835735 times)

Urist McAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2925 on: March 20, 2012, 09:19:12 am »

Is there a way to kill vampires other than atom smashing them in Fortress mode?
I can't put my nobles in rooms with raving vampires walking by being penalized with hand beating or prison...
Is there a way to give the Hammerer a friggin hammer?
Which one does he use?

Thx for the help, greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Mod Meph =D

PS: Book covers are done in tannery.

Rossol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: March 20, 2012, 09:34:40 am »

PS: Book covers are done in tannery.

Thanks! Still got problem with glass beds

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: March 20, 2012, 10:28:39 am »

I can't make any clothes out of silk or cloth - anyone know what's up?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: March 20, 2012, 11:22:35 am »

Freeze or obsidian them?

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: March 20, 2012, 12:13:34 pm »

You don't have to kill the vampire. you can lock them up in a room & have them keep the books & manage tasks. there they won't hurt anyone & do some work for the fort
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: March 20, 2012, 12:23:36 pm »

Freeze or obsidian them?

One of my vampires died because of infection after he was properly visited by the hammerer.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: March 20, 2012, 12:41:29 pm »

I locked my vampire in a room with 7 Minotaurs Zombies, theyre fighting for eternity now.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: March 20, 2012, 02:55:45 pm »

I locked my vampire in a room with 7 Minotaurs Zombies, theyre fighting for eternity now.

Really? I thought zombies ignored vampires.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2933 on: March 20, 2012, 05:41:55 pm »

Hey guys,

Fish Farms are almost finished, I wont do a magma fish farm though.
Added Fear the Night by xangi, with more vampires and werebeasts
Added Seth Creiyds Wizards (as new warlocks) and the fitting curses/interactions for them.
Added a couple of creatures from FF/Dwarf Chocolate that were not included in the "old" FF mod.

Next thing I focus on is the reported issues. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: March 20, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »

Hey guys!  Awesome mod BTW!

I have been having a problem with finding Iron producing ores in the mod.  I made embark after embark, and using dfhack to make sure the site has iron producing ore in the site, I have been very unsuccessful.  I can't seem to find limonite, hematite, and Magnetite.  It seems that Tetrahedrite is facking everywhere, but no Iron producing ores anywhere.  I have even checked different worlds like the GAIA world and just a random made world.  No luck.

HALP?

EDIT:  NM i just turned off simple minerals and it has helped.  I found limonite and magnatite on the first embark.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:07:48 pm by Stout »

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: March 20, 2012, 06:14:51 pm »

Hey guys!  Awesome mod BTW!

I have been having a problem with finding Iron producing ores in the mod.  I made embark after embark, and using dfhack to make sure the site has iron producing ore in the site, I have been very unsuccessful.  I can't seem to find limonite, hematite, and Magnetite.  It seems that Tetrahedrite is facking everywhere, but no Iron producing ores anywhere.  I have even checked different worlds like the GAIA world and just a random made world.  No luck.

HALP?

EDIT:  NM i just turned off simple minerals and it has helped.  I found limonite and magnatite on the first embark.

Yes, Tetra is now Iron&Copper in simple minerals when smelted.  Only hematite remains as vanilla iron and really I can only find that in volcano zones.  My latest Flux/Volcano/Brook embark unfortunately left me with very little of hematite as well , but luckily there is also Ironbark and Steeloak on the map and can't wait to get the new lumber industry up and running with the 1.6 changes.

Good luck!
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2936 on: March 20, 2012, 07:43:43 pm »

As has been said, Tetrahide has iron as well. I am fairly certain that is it everywhere when you play with simple minerals and iron should be plenty. Otherwise take ironbark, trade for it, or take it from goblins/orcs, or make you own one in the transmutation chamber.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: March 20, 2012, 08:23:01 pm »

Been playing this mod and must say i'm loving it Meph!

Especially the slaves and golems. Man there are so many more tactical options open with those two things alone!

Just a little balancing suggestion for the slaves though. I've noticed they have 100/160 maxage. Might I suggest dropping that down to maybe 10/16 and throwing [noemotion] in there to counter the spirals? I kind of see them as weak, temporary labour/milita and the [noemotion] would fit there fluff.

I've modded my own to only live for 5 years. heh, very disposable.

But anyway, very VERY good mod!
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: March 20, 2012, 09:14:42 pm »

Loving this mod so far. A few issues;

Some migrants brought in two turrets, slade and copper. My dwarfs keep putting collected turret bullets in the food stockpiles, taking up all the space. And the bullets seem to explode in steam randomly and sometimes vanish outright, usually with a season change. Clean all in DF hack doesn't seem to work and I can't seem to find these items in stockpile settings to disable the collection.

One of my starting dwarfs was a necromancer in disguise. I don't know if this was your mod or actual DF, but if it was yours it sucked having to deal with that at embark, then starting out with 6 wounded dwarfs before I even had a hole in the ground. By sucked I meant fun.

That said, this mod is fantastic and I doubt ill ever go back to the standard game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2939 on: March 20, 2012, 09:45:47 pm »

The used bullets disappear after a season or so. Did not yet figure out why they are stockpiled.

The hidden necromancer, and any other hidden fun you might find in your dwarves has been my work. :)

I could make slaves have no emotion and die early, but that would still affect the normal dwarves with bad thoughts, so I chose not to.

Glad you guys like it :)

I did some bugfixes, will go straight back to work now

- Added empty tag to all container building mats.
 - Fixed acrhpriest/archpriest typo
 - Fixed duplicate (G) hotkey for gemworkshop and guildhall
 - Added [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE] to slademantine
 - Fixed purify-water-from-booze overflow
 - Made gem scarabs a real creature, no vermin anymore. Vermins leave no corpses, so itemcorpse did not work.
 - Changed meteor hammer properties, attacks did glance away (?)
 - Added custom reaction for different bayonets. Steel, Iron, Silver, Gold, Copper or Metal.
 - Bayonetted ranged weapons now take on the material of the used bayonet.
 - Example: Bone crossbow + steel bayonet = bayonetted steel crossbow.

EDIT: I also got an idea for cavern lvl3. I could add grass that looks like floor tiles, make plants that look like potions, can be gathered by your dwarves and eaten raw, and have special effects, like healing, or speed, or strength... and I could make trees that look like chests, chop them open, either have a boiling syndrome or fire (as a trapped chest) and a normal one, that can be "opened/processed" in the archeologist for example. Essentially I could rebuild a little dungeon down there. The only problem: All this will slowly grow in the other caverns and your digged underground squares after your breach the 3rd lvl. What do you think ?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:34:07 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 749