Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835712 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2910 on: March 19, 2012, 04:07:06 pm »

Smakemupagus is right, it is mostly a problem with Df handling equipment. I personally do a standart "any metal" armor, and then assign the weapons one by one, with the specific weapons option.

The double entries are from the mood-only items, but I cant restrict them from the menus/stockpiles, unfortunately. They are not even accessable to the dwarven civ, but they still list them, because the exist in the raws.

About the extra weapon you get when you create an epic weapon: Cant really change that, there is no If/Else command. It was this, or nothing ;)

Rest is noted, but I cant do much more then check the thread and write everything down, not much time currently.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Esko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: March 19, 2012, 04:31:09 pm »

You can choose to reduce the metals, including the Arc Furnace metals when you play by turning off Misc.Features>Meteoric Iron and/or Buildings>Adv.Metalworking

I have done this and its fine now even if I have some troubles to produce steel (dont know why I have fuel, pig iron and iron inside bins but well...) : I will try to locate my metals on the same level...

I decided to use only weapons/armors that I make (Maybe I will use some cool drow weapons) : I bought all the metal I can find and melt it...
Drow robes are so cool but it's kind of tricky because my dwarf fighters must equip them before a dwarf citizen claims them (and drows just want to kill me now)...

Concerning the craftsdwarf workshop, I just reload my game and delete my burrow and it seems to work now...

For drake scale, it was working in the last version of this mod but can't produce leather armor now... Maybe messed up with the options, dont know.

I cant wait to meet pandas civilization (or something like that), I hope to see some nice weapons...

Kalithor123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: March 19, 2012, 05:06:18 pm »

yeah! the tips against the tantrum spiral helped a lot! now i have gold and silver statues everywere. so i give up my "turn every job on-tactic" in the therapist and now i have "masterwork" engravings again.  :)

There were only a few tantrumings and for the first time i saw the psychatrist has calmed down a tantruming dorf in his office.

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: March 19, 2012, 05:13:13 pm »

Does anyone know the bug which causes some task on various workshops to disapear?

As example, my metalsmith forge , 1-2 years ago it worked like a charm, but now, nothing works more. when i go Pause, add a task, (ex craft a iron sword) when i hit resume the task just disappear. no message, nothing. i got enough iron and coarse iron.

Had the problem a few weeks ago with my kitchen.

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: March 19, 2012, 05:31:15 pm »

anyone having issue with the guildhall? i can get everything needed it seems a dwarf with no caste plus proper permit even putting the task on repeat - the dwarf doesn't change caste but just creates a ton of flashes of light  any ideas would be appreciated thanks
The dwarf probably joined the caste and you just missed the message.
the castes seem to work fine in the game, but once they join the legion caste at the guild hall they disappear from dwarf therapist.  I made up a couple of squads of new legion dwarfs and dwarf therapist doesnt even show the squads.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: March 19, 2012, 05:51:13 pm »

anyone having issue with the guildhall? i can get everything needed it seems a dwarf with no caste plus proper permit even putting the task on repeat - the dwarf doesn't change caste but just creates a ton of flashes of light  any ideas would be appreciated thanks
The dwarf probably joined the caste and you just missed the message.
the castes seem to work fine in the game, but once they join the legion caste at the guild hall they disappear from dwarf therapist.  I made up a couple of squads of new legion dwarfs and dwarf therapist doesnt even show the squads.

My experience is somewhere between these two points.  If it had to estimate it seems to take ~3 to 5 tries per success.  Sometimes it goes a long time without success, or the item gets lost and not stockpiled properly.  Other times it works properly a couple times in a row.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2916 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:34 pm »

I did change two things on the guildhall, I added the display name, which some people seem to find usefull, but I did not know that it would throw the Therapist off, or that you cant change that name anymore. Might put it to the vote, but since custom sprites are impossible for these guys I thought the custom name would help not to loose track of them.

The other is the labor used, but that does not affect anything you reported here.

I cant do anything about the successchance, other modders have the same problem. I might rethink the reactions that need holy books though, since they are hard to get, and if you need 5 tries because of a faulty reaction... well, thats just unnecessary. Preserving them would mean that the reaction is too easy though... cant find a solution for it so far, sorry guys.

I try to get some work done this evening :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: March 19, 2012, 10:25:11 pm »

Love your work. Though I'm encountering a bit of a problem. I have gained the ability in adventure mode to play as a Hellfire Imp but upon choosing this option I just start melting and die. Any possible fixes?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: March 20, 2012, 01:03:20 am »

I cant do anything about the successchance, other modders have the same problem. I might rethink the reactions that need holy books though, since they are hard to get, and if you need 5 tries because of a faulty reaction... well, thats just unnecessary. Preserving them would mean that the reaction is too easy though... cant find a solution for it so far, sorry guys.

you COULD add a tertiary reagent thats expensive but not ridiculously so, the final result would be;
(whatever is consumed), book, (semi-expensive reagent, also consumed.)

so its still pricy, i say only use a moderately expensive consumable reagents due to not having a 100% success rate. makes the cost variable and highly luck based.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: March 20, 2012, 01:21:36 am »

maybe a magic muffin? work around but difficult and micromanagy would also take away the chance of exploitation of crowding around the workshop

what about a critter that injects it like a bee? or would it have a decent chance of not working : /
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: March 20, 2012, 02:09:01 am »

Quick Question about arsenic poisoning. is it possible to cure & if not is it fatal? My oh so lovely Smithy who came in the Smithing guild has a problem with rudely coughing up blood all over the fortress.

And, something you might think is nifty is honey dipped bandages. Honey is great for medicine & it's a natural antiseptic. Would actually make beekeeping useful, since we all wish for our dwarves to die painfully live forever
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

utuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: March 20, 2012, 05:17:16 am »

My masterwork df just crushed after first few hours :( is it common ? df normally doesnt crush for me at all. Should i upload settings or logs somewhere ?

weegth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: March 20, 2012, 06:08:22 am »

Is there some way to stop magma-safe workshop from using metal ores?
Masterwork 1.6.

Rossol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: March 20, 2012, 07:57:41 am »

Is there still furniture workshop or its been removed? Cant found one in the list.
One of my nobles demand glass bed, and I dont know how to make it.
Also cant make leather book cover,its not in the list, I have every type of leather and can make everything in leather workshop but book cover.

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: March 20, 2012, 09:17:24 am »

Anybody knows a solution for the task disapearing problem?
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 749