Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835701 times)

Mafia_Puppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2895 on: March 19, 2012, 09:48:53 am »

How do I build magma-powered furnaces and stuff in this mod? I can't find them in the build menu.

You have to have magma discovered before they show up in their usual spot in the build menu. If you have already found magma and they're not showing up then I'm not sure what's wrong.

Oh lol. I never realized that. Thanks

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #2896 on: March 19, 2012, 10:30:24 am »

Hello everyone!

I'm an idiot and didn't read the 1.6 patch notes.

The 2 "issues" I was experiencing were fixed in 1.6. Gah.. goodbye 10 year old fort.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:58:54 am by Vhorthex »
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: March 19, 2012, 11:16:49 am »

What the hell?

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: March 19, 2012, 11:44:43 am »

What the hell?

Berserker or Fighter Caste?  Those can start children out pretty badass.  But that's the only Masterwork mod related item that would explain it away as not a bug/fluke of the fighting system.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

closedu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: March 19, 2012, 11:46:06 am »

anyone having issue with the guildhall? i can get everything needed it seems a dwarf with no caste plus proper permit even putting the task on repeat - the dwarf doesn't change caste but just creates a ton of flashes of light  any ideas would be appreciated thanks

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: March 19, 2012, 12:29:52 pm »

How do i get a Necromancer? ive got the Magma temple to work, but what now?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: March 19, 2012, 01:13:23 pm »

Stories about a non combatant killing a whole goblin siege, or villagers in adventure mode killing an adventurer with full adamantine armour, or even babies punching an enemy to death are part of DF.

It can very well be a lucky shot and have nothing to do with masterwork specifics;
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: March 19, 2012, 01:32:29 pm »

hm, just started a new fortress, 3 out of my 7 dwarves had the plague at the beginning.

And i had a plague epidemia in my last two games, which leaded me to defeat (all the snow outside was green with vomit). Is there no way to avoid that?

Esko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: March 19, 2012, 02:43:29 pm »

Hi,

First of all, thank you for this amazing mod.

I really enjoyed orcs and white tigers invasions, even if I cant handle them and I lock my dwarfs inside the fortress... But I dont use librabry systems and train workshop... The most fun moment I had was when a drow infiltrated my fortress (cant see him at least) and killed my fuckin highly-skilled armorer....

But I just want to underline some things :

- I had a dwarf with a demon (caste) who died from hunger/thirsty. It was strange because he didnt leave his bed for something like 1 year, I dont know if it's a bug or not.

- I turned off the metalworking and advanced metal working (and simple mineral because I hadn't any metals in order to make armor/weapon..) reduced because it seemed to complicated for nothing so fun, but now I had some problems with metalworking : it seems like my dwarf dont find my fuel (charcoal or coke) or just sometimes (my fuel is in stockpile one z-level below)...

- I cant produce crafts on the first level of my fortress, like my dwarf dont find the rock.. but if I construct a craftsdwarf workshop on the -30 lvl they find some rock to make toys... Maybe pathfinding problems, not related to the mod...

- I cant use drake scale to produce leather armor even if it is in the leather stockpile

Some suggestions :

- Reduce the number of metals and/or weapons, because its just a pain for players, too much micro management :you cant handle the 30 kinds of shields with mithril, welded thing, steel, blood steel, etc...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

figure out what era of war hammer dwarf fortress portrays.

something i just discovered for myself, thought you might be interested if you hadn't seen it before.  i don't know how much of this changes in Masterwork
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Weapons

vanilla warhammers have less SIZE (mass) than maces, as well as less contact area.  So they're a small kind of hammer, not a halberd- or pole-hammer kind.
DF morning stars are intermediate in SIZE; larger than warhammers but smaller than maces.

..all three are just as easy to use one-handed as a shortsword.  (compare to battle axes or spears, which about 20% of dwarves have to wield in 2H)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2905 on: March 19, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »

Ok, all issues noted. Most things are already fixed though. I cant really find an explanation for this: Workshop cant find a materials, if not on the same z-lvl. I have no idea how I could have affected this by modding.

- Reduce the number of metals and/or weapons, because its just a pain for players, too much micro management :you cant handle the 30 kinds of shields with mithril, welded thing, steel, blood steel, etc...
If you can make suggestions, sure. I currently use 6 new metals, and 6 new alloys. Thats it. I only have 2 new shields, and a few new weapons. Most of them have been in vanilla, just not enabled to the dwarf civ.

@spray: Necromancers (and other mages) are done in the 3 extra buildings I added for them. Not the temple anymore. (although I might have forgotten to delete the old entry in the manual ?)

The magic caste has nostun currently, and that causes them to sleep and never wake up. I fixed it, but if you still have it in your raws just go to creature_standard.txt and remove all NOSTUN you can find. Stupid DF issue, since people who wake up are stunned for a second, and no stun means they cant get stunned, means they cant wake up.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: March 19, 2012, 03:07:11 pm »

okay...yeah its written in the wiki and the tutorial, about the necromancer... what are those new buildings for them ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2907 on: March 19, 2012, 03:12:10 pm »

To quote the manual:

Magic

-This adds two high end buildings to the game.

The Urn of Sacred Ashes and the Church of the Dark Depths.

You can learn good/white and evil/black magic in these.

These features are experimental and are more a test then anything else. See the forum for more info, since this feature is in development. The added features so far are:

Bound a demon to you = Demonbound = evil melee mage

Learn the secret of death = Shadowmage = evil ranged mage

Recite the warrios prayer = Oathkeeper = good melee mage

Recieve the blessing of life = Lifeweaver = good ranged mage

These guys have a variety of spells, from killing undeads, to resurrecting your fallen dwarves, blinding enemies or striking them down in a hailstorm of blood. Have fun testing these, friendly fire should not be a problem. To transform you need a couple of item, most notably the white or black bible. Buy those from humans or drows. Apart from that, candles, adamantine, bones and corpses.

You can also create the undead and greenskin slayer. A giant sword that uses the druid skill for combat and makes 50 times as much damages against the noted enemies then anything else. Again, more a test then a balanced feature. You need 5 runes and steel for this massive weapon.

Last item are the wands. You can create holy or unholy wands. These ranged weapons use spells. You can create 4 kinds of spells. Raging adds crazed to the hit target, great for bigger groups. Sleeping makes targets fall asleep, send you melee to finish them. Polymorph turns them into cute little hamsters, easy target, while slowing runes reduce the speed by 50%. You need runes and steel for the spells, and runes and training staffs for the wands.

I also added a third buildings by now, the hall of the mountain king, for fire and stone magic, same setup as the rest.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HitmanPAC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: March 19, 2012, 03:23:11 pm »

Hey, just wanted to say a few more things.

First, I meant no offense with the 'complaining' comment. I thought there were a lot more people talking about it... not sure why. I apologize -_-

Second, I too noticed Slademantine not working, but I couldn't amateur my way through the raws to fix it. Hopefully the previous person got it right.

Third, Guildhall problems affect me too...

Fourth, the Golem thing is really confusing. Sometimes it transforms a guy into a pet and gives them a new graphic, other times it just gets rid of their needs/wants and makes them super muscular. I would really appreciate a detailed description of how these transformation things work - I lost my legendary weaponsmith to what I assume was a stray blast of Golem Syndrome vapor. Really irritating.

Fifth, I think Iridium needs to be balanced, specifically how much of it you get. For being so nice, it sure doesn't get made very often. I'm in something like my fourth year, and I have 13 wafers of it. Instead of 1%, it needs to be 3-5%, in my opinion.

Sixth, when an epic weapon gets made - at least in the Weaponry - the normal weapon gets made too. Not sure if this is a bug, but it's kinda strange.

Seventh, This probably isn't a bug, but I wasted Raw Adamanitne trying to make statues for the magic workshops. Maybe a warning in the manual? Perhaps its just a inexperince thing - I certainly won't be making that mistake again!

Eighth, There are quite a few duplicates in the foreign armors and several stock lists - bars have two steel entries, leather has duplicates of your new leathers and the working ones are in the middle of the list, Plate Greaves is listed twice, there's a Plate mail and a Platemail, etc. etc. There's also a bunch of flavor wood in the stocks that you can't actually get, because it comes out as fungi or rough.

Ninth, Extracting silver and gold thread is only useful for making runes. Making silver or gold clothing still uses bars, as opposed to silver or gold cloth.

Finally, Armor Plates and Bone Studs don't get stockpiled. This can be easily worked around, but if you can fix it, well...

Love the mod!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: March 19, 2012, 03:27:19 pm »

You can choose to reduce the metals, including the Arc Furnace metals when you play by turning off Misc.Features>Meteoric Iron and/or Buildings>Adv.Metalworking

I agree with you on the point that it is tricky to equip your military squads.  if you have 1 each of Platemail, Reignplate, Paladin armor and you want to equip a three man squad you have to assign them each individually, it would be more ideal if you could say "equip heavy armor".   As you mention Shields are another case:  plain Shields, Round, Tower, Kite, etc. are all separate entities in the equip menu.  A separate issue, It's also unfortunate that they sometime seem to favor expensive gear which may not actually be too good, like Rose Gold armor and Titanium weapons.  Since a lot of this is related to the game's squad interface I don't know what Meph can do.

Likewise it's impossible to give them the order "Take a glowing spear if it's available, otherwise a runic spear, otherwise take a steel spear."  But what you can do is set up a squad to take all three, then go back a bit later and prune the extra weapons out of the individuals equipment as needed.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:28:50 pm by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 749