Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835329 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tha black area above your wood stockpile seems to be grazed, it is darker then the rest. And the YES[GRAZER is fine, the YES[ changes to NO, wehn the feature is turned of, just a little tag for my other program to find.

@alagon: I will include it to the manual, and renamed "bolts(foreign)" to syndromebolts. These are the bolts you get from the alchemist/ammo bundles, with the syndromes attached. But nothing I can do about rocktip bolts and rocktip materials, just ignore the material ^^

@ sayke: Thanks as always for the long and detailed feedback. Although this time I have to disagree with most things. I personally like the "chains" optic, it makes the building look darker. I can make a poll about it, but this is a really minor thing, considering that it does not affect gameplay and only high-end fortresses will ever see this building, IF they decide to do the evil magic.

The Unnamed One should do unstpeakable things and throw around hurting people with insanity and horrors, just for fun. Should read that way. The other names are standardized for people to easier recognize what is what. I'd prefer the Lifeweaver over a -Mancer as well, but it does not fit in the list. Any better ideas for 3 similar sounding names, that still show that they are good/evil/fire ?  I also liked the Oathkeeper more then Oathbound, same "problem"  And again, same with the "The" Just an indicator that this is THE shapeshifter, and standardized in every building of the three. With 9 magic units it is complicated enough. They also do keep their names and profession names, which kills the effect a bit. I currently have combat logs: The milita commander, or the cook, is hitting someone with insanity. Would be awesome if someone knows a way to fix this.

- also, the transparency in the .png graphics files still doesn't seem to work. i can change the background color, and set transparency (i think) when my photo editor saves the file, but it doesn't seem to be recognized in the game! with BMPs it works fine, but i'm not seeing it work right in .png files. i'm using xee as a graphics viewer and editor, btw, which is fantastic - very lightweight and fast.
This is interesting. I am unfortunatly still a noob when it comes to alpha channel and transparency, also based upon the fact that my netbook cant really run the photoshop, to slow. I will try out xee. Flobulon did the transparency btw, but I did notice that it does not seem to work. Will have a look again. Would be nice to find a solution once and for all. The three shapeshifters have a custom sprite btw, although they could be better ^^

I wont use greek or latin names, no one would know what they mean.

The water overflows. The alcohol stack you used was too big, still working on a fix. The problem is that a full barrel has more capacity then a full bucket, so the water is not added to the empty bucket. Maybe I should use barrels for the water as well, but I dont know if dwarves will use it. Otherwise no idea.

One of my turrets has started shooting at my dwarfs!   It has killed half a dozen, but the military won't acknowledge it as a valid target. Anyone else have this happen?
What ? Is it marked as berserk ? What turret, was it friendly fire ? Since both being a hostile unit, and being no valid target is impossible, just by DF AI standards.

Cool, right.  Any idea how do I get them in the hive?
Ehm... actually... I have no idea. Surprised myself, I never actually tested them. They were a creation by another modder. I even have fungi producing leaf-cutter ants, thread producing orb-spiders and silk-moths lying around, from another modder. In theory your beekeeper should accept them as valid target, put them in a hive, and they produce "hiveproducts" just like the bees, just instead of honey they do silkthread.

About traps/razorwire: Will check again, but they should cause bleeding, thats right. No cut of limbs, no organ damage, only heavy bleeding after crawling through it. Sounds about right that they cant cross a corridor full of it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

alagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh man, I really love this mod.

One of my miner dwarf just hit some minor warp stone, and she was immediatelly got dizzy, fevered, and vomiting her way up to the surface layer. The epic part was, during her struggle climbing up, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. She vomit so hard, that she had to leave her baby deep in the mining area. Cannot wait to see what happen next!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

lol :)  Just got an idea for the "harder mining" thing: Make very deep occuring small clusters (like gemstones) that have the [AQUIFER] tag. Of course not realistic, but hitting "tears of armork" and making them magic would work. I think I like that idea, havent seen it anywhere else. Makes mining harder, causes flooding (but not the fortress, only the mining shafts) allows access to unlimited water for people who have the skill to use it, and make obsidian-factories easier. What do you guys think ? Good idea, or horrible ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh man, I really love this mod.

One of my miner dwarf just hit some minor warp stone, and she was immediatelly got dizzy, fevered, and vomiting her way up to the surface layer. The epic part was, during her struggle climbing up, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. She vomit so hard, that she had to leave her baby deep in the mining area. Cannot wait to see what happen next!

Vomiting while giving birth. Speaking of hardcore experience...

Also - 1.5.1 Dwarf Therapist shows genders CORRECTLY! HELL YESS! (My military is usually 90% male so this helps to manage all those dwarves now).
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not that they don't cause bleeding it's that they don't make it past them at all unless trap avoid.

WWWWWWWWWW
<-  ***** <---
WWWWWWWWWW
       l    l
       l    l

That was basically the kill zone if i remember correctly. I didn't exactly let entire seiges in to test it but some  orc/zombie ambush parties apparently bit the dust without me even knowing they were there
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:05:56 pm by Ranik »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

lol :)  Just got an idea for the "harder mining" thing: Make very deep occuring small clusters (like gemstones) that have the [AQUIFER] tag. Of course not realistic, but hitting "tears of armork" and making them magic would work. I think I like that idea, havent seen it anywhere else. Makes mining harder, causes flooding (but not the fortress, only the mining shafts) allows access to unlimited water for people who have the skill to use it, and make obsidian-factories easier. What do you guys think ? Good idea, or horrible ?

Sounds good. However, would it be possible to cause a pause in the game when you hit one? I'd rather not have another thing to watch out for in the announcements besides warpstone. =/
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One of my turrets has started shooting at my dwarfs!   It has killed half a dozen, but the military won't acknowledge it as a valid target. Anyone else have this happen?
What ? Is it marked as berserk ? What turret, was it friendly fire ? Since both being a hostile unit, and being no valid target is impossible, just by DF AI standards.

It was a slade turret. I don't know when it started shooting, I only noticed it when it killed my manager. It sat it one place and fired on every dwarf that came near it (it was in the middle of my farm).  No enemies were around. It got named as it racked up kills, but it didn't appear as an option on the kill list.  Only other animals would fight it - in the end, a bullet turret took it out.   

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

However, would it be possible to cause a pause in the game when you hit one?
Maybe. You can select the pause for damp stones in the GUI, your choice ;) But it will be un-designated automatically either way, so you cant mine it accidently. I think upwards ramp from directly underneath it is the only thing it wouldnt realize. ^^ (like digging slade in vanilla)

@orb: Strange. But good that the problem is solved. It is a pet, and only attacks when crowded in one place. But I dont think that you stacked severl turrets in 1 tile.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if one needs top quality water he/she embarks with an aquifier anyway. Or digs to the caves. Such small aquifier stone clusters would screw many fortress designs and wont be very useful. Exploding gem clusters would be better than this as at least it would not spoil the fort design (just explode the cluster and build that hall/tunel/bedroom anyway).
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

Good idea, and pretty original! (Muhaha)

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page

SO, first impressions of your mod?

OHGAWDOHGAWDOHGAWD!

Using your no-item embark in a terrifying zone. Instantly undead barn owls spawn. Frantically working to get all my dorfs equipped with wooden weapons and armor currently.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question: What is scrap wood good for? (Value: 0)

edit: ah, good for coal. If it there where only a way to tell the wood burner only to use this type of wood...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:44:15 pm by mglarev »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

Beds for the common people (or nobles, if you're into that), charcoal, ash. There's quite a few uses.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page

SO, first impressions of your mod?

OHGAWDOHGAWDOHGAWD!

Using your no-item embark in a terrifying zone. Instantly undead barn owls spawn. Frantically working to get all my dorfs equipped with wooden weapons and armor currently.
Yeah...

A herd of undead boars came in. Wrecked everyone hardcore. Maybe a wall would've been a better option...

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

edit: ah, good for coal. If it there where only a way to tell the wood burner only to use this type of wood...

You can do exactly this kind of thing using a combination of the "workflow" and "job" commands in dfhack.

On the dfhack console, first, enable workflow using the command "workflow enable". This activates workflow's feature of preventing any job set to repeat from being deleted/canceled. You can do a lot more fancy stuff with workflow, but this one feature is handy just to prevent us from having to do the second step more than once. Then, go to your wood furnace, queue up a "make charcoal" job, and set it to repeat. Keep the workshop 'q' menu open with the "make charcoal" job highlighted. Back in the dfhack console, type "job item-material 1 SCRAPWOOD:WOOD". That makes it so the job only uses scrapwood as its input.

You have to remember that you customized that job (and don't delete it later by mistake), but it does what you want!
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 749