Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835297 times)

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@meph: Ah I see. I haven't actually played DF since the .25 version, I just like to read the thread, watch your amazing progress, and store up bits and pieces of motivation to give it a go sometime.

In the end, you could just package a macro meant for the stone stocks screen. That would be a band-aid fix for the problem.

HapexIndustries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it just me or can I not see the inventory on any of my dwarfs?  I highlight them with 'v' and hit 'i' and... nothing is there at all.  Actually, it looks like I can only see their weapons, if they have them...  so it's not a font issue like I thought at first.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there some other way to see the general inventory?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It affects both, does not matter if the clothing is actually included in the entity or not. As long as the item is in the raws the uniform setting can find it. Thats the reason it lists all these weird stuff (vampireslayer cloaks, reignplate armor and so on) that are mood-only special items. Nothing I could do about it, every time I add/change anything in the items I might need new macros. Stupid, but cant change it.

i see what your saying, i would suggest running the macros yourself right before a release to make sure its all ok, i personally set up my own uniforms, as mine are quite... stacked.

Is it just me or can I not see the inventory on any of my dwarfs?  I highlight them with 'v' and hit 'i' and... nothing is there at all.  Actually, it looks like I can only see their weapons, if they have them...  so it's not a font issue like I thought at first.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there some other way to see the general inventory?

no its ok, your dwarfs just don't have any clothes on.

EDIT: btw Meph, you unintentionally fixed the most obvious sign of a vampire. they all have simply 'bone' jewelry, no race specific stuff.
also all furniture in villages are made of 'unknown'. unimportant but notable.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:59:06 am by bombzero »

HapexIndustries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow... so my dwarfs are running around completely naked?  That seems... dangerous.  I guess I'll be buying as much leather and cloth as I can come the traders.  Thanks for the response.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok - a few things I have found in 1.5.x

Armour layers are not working as intended. Can't make dwarves wear breastplates over mail shirts, nor breastplates over padded shirts nor any metal armour over padded armour.

Ghost problem - dwarf caravan came, one hammerdwarf died, corpse dissapeared-decayed after a month (due to heavy snowstorms). I can not engrave the guy on a slab now - looks like his name was not the real one. Pretty big problem as Runesmith is not compatible with the latest DF build and I can not remove the damn ghost.

There is a new plug in for dfhack -> "tweak clear-missing".
This lets you set the "missing" status to "deceased", which might help you with your ghost problem.
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow... so my dwarfs are running around completely naked?  That seems... dangerous.  I guess I'll be buying as much leather and cloth as I can come the traders.  Thanks for the response.
I assumed that was intended behaviour? My dwarves have always been naked in Masterwork unless they are in the military. I thought it was to stop you ending up with worn clothing everywhere and part of the less clutter with invaders change.

Regarding armour layers - my militia commander was happily wearing a padded shirt, breastplate and cloak. I then got round to making platemail to replace the breastplate but he will only wear it if I remove the cloak and shirt. I then added the cloak back on and he removed the platemail and is only wearing the cloak on his upperbody. I tried to get my military to wear a mail shirt plus breastplate plus cloak (no shirt) as that worked in Genesis and vanilla but they don't want to do it here. I was assuming plate+shirt+cloak would work as that's the recommended gear in the manual.

My attempted military gear at the moment is helm (T-Rex skull if I can :P), padded hood, breastplate/plate, cloak, padded shirt, padded mittens, gauntlets, greaves, high boots, shield, weapon, flask, no backpack.

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If there is a way to implement it, how about making dwarfs to wear best armour available in the fort by default or just as an option in Uniforms screen "Wear best armour available". They would automatically go and choose best armour combination there is. That would really make things easier.

Maybe they would start wearing those foreign pieces as well without micromanagement.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:58:19 am by DorfMeister »

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug: In adv. mode you can only play female characters...
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Meph, I think I have a bug or 2. 

So far all my grazing animals are starving to death.  I have a maximum sized pasture zone with plenty of grass.  They walk around and eat the grass but the starving indicator never goes away.  Sooner or later they die.  I am on the Gia map in a good/evil biome if that matters. 

I have dug out areas on the first few Z levels.  They are Peat, Clay, Peat, then Sand.  They have been dug out for over a year but are not growing anything yet.  Maybe I need to get the floors wet.  I'll try that and let you know.

Lastly, would it be possible to get a Grazing: On/Off button added to Settings.exe?  I would just as well turn it off as I find it irritating.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Bug: In adv. mode you can only play female characters...
Seriously ? Sounds strange, since I did not change anything in that way.

MAGIC SYSTEM IS FINISHED.

The three buildings

Mountainking, the Dwarven Magic Shapeshifter:

The Unnamed One, the Evil Shapeshifter:

I came up with a system based on adamantine, and some magic specific items. Not much. Evil takes totems, bodyparts and bones, good takes weapons, armor, food and drink, dwarven magic takes obsidian, wood(for fire) and ash. Thats all.

Each type has 2 units and 1 shapeshifter (lasts for 10 days)

Evil
Shadowmancer = Raises dead, shoots solid blood, can vanish into shadows
Demonbound = Makes people slow, sick (vomit) great melee fighter, can vanish into shadow
The Unnamed one = Super unit, kills entire sieges. Problem: 50% chance that he will be hostile. Back to normal after 10 days.

Good
Lifemancer = Ressurects dead, heals injured, makes people faster.
Oathbound = Great melee fighter, blinds people (against archers) and has nofear, nopain and so on.
The Angel of Vengeance = Super Unit, might be too strong, will test more. Can shoot fire and ice.

Dwarven Magic
Magmamancer = Ranged fireballs, fireimmune, IF he ever gets hurt and flees: Blows up. Kills everything nearby.
Stonebound = Stoneskin (actually a bit better then stone) earthquake (all nearby enemies are stunned) and petrify (stops one unit)
The Mountainking = Super Unit. Cant equip, but is indestructible. Must test more, but looks good.

Each magic class has also a special weapon (undead slayer, greenskin slayer and frostgiant slayer) that should make short work out of the named race. You have a training reaction in each building to train the "magic_nature/druid" skill. You can make a ranged weapon, a wand, and 2 ammo types for each magic type. IF the ranged weapons/ammo are too micromanagy then I will remove them. Seems some people have problem with stonetip/gemtip and throwing weapons as it is.

I also did the two changed from the poll (automated archeologist for example, he now cuts and processes every found fossils automatically) and refined the ants a bit, with nicer custom castes, profession names and so on.

Here the full changelog, mostly minor flavor stuff and fixes/balancing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will now drop dead and sleep. :)

EDIT:@morwaul:
Lastly, would it be possible to get a Grazing: On/Off button added to Settings.exe?  I would just as well turn it off as I find it irritating.
It already exists. Just turn "harder farming" off. Farming includes animals and plants, not just the farmplots.
You must breach the cavern to make underground grass grow. About the grazing: All grazing creatures in this mode only need 4 fields, so I cant really believe that your pasture is too small. You probably have no edible grass in there. Cant really tell, sorry. Can you just open the "raw/objects/creature_domestic.txt and check the grazer value ? should be Grazer:6000. Please report back what you find, the only way your animals starve is when this value is lower.

EDIT2: Oh, yeah, almost forgot: Better designes for the "Hall of the Mountain King" (the red center building with the statue in magma) and better names for the mages are welcome. Same goes for ingredients, reaction and so forth.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:17:51 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magma magic - THIS IS WIN, sir.

Anyway - back to testing 1.5.1 armour layers.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Thanks for the Super Fast reply Meph.

Ah, Would it be to much trouble to separate grazing from farming in settings?  I really like the hard farming but really hate grazing. 

Here are some excerpts from my creature_domestic.txt for the cow and horse.  Could the YES[GRAZER being together cause the issue?

Here is the area where the pasture is.  The dark area is where the 2 horses and then cow ate most of the grass before starving to death.  The zone is a full 30x30 squares that goes from the edge of the river out.

If all of that looks fine, maybe this embark is just messed up.

Thanks Again

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have dug out areas on the first few Z levels.  They are Peat, Clay, Peat, then Sand.  They have been dug out for over a year but are not growing anything yet.  Maybe I need to get the floors wet.  I'll try that and let you know.
You usually need to breach a cavern before underground plants start spawning on dirt or mud floors, you shouldn't need to muddy dirt rooms. I have carved out huge rooms in my current 1.5 fort for farms and pastures and it's worked straight away, Meph did change some cavern stuff in 1.5.1 so maybe that could have changed something if you have breached a cavern? Weird it is happening outside though.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

I actually did not know about the breaching the cavern thing.  Usually I dig straight down until I breach it just to see how many Z levels I have to work with.  This time I did not bother for some reason.  I have breached it now and will update if that does not work.

Edit: Add
LOL, Some babies are harder to raise than others.....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:17:12 pm by Morwaul »

alagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph and guys,

After another hour of trying, I finally figure out how to make my markdwarf equip rock-tip bolts. The system works fine but it is really a bit confusing in the first place.

It is true that we just need to tick the rocktip bolts (foreign) on the ammo menu. However, there are many rocktip bolts in different submenus, and that was where I went wrong in the first place.

For example
1. My initial reaction was to go directly to create "bolts" first, then changed material specifically into "rocktip" in the submenu.
2. After option 1. not worked, I again create "bolts (foreign)", then changed material into "rocktip".
Then I just stuck in the loop between 1. and 2.
3. It was after a few hours, I finally realized there is another option just 1 page down under the create bolts menu (no need to change material), which is to create "foreign rocktip bolts" directly.

It went like a charm afterward. Everyone is using the new bolts as intended, even the hunters. (Now I knew why my hunter is not hunting). I was like huge *face-palm* when I found this out, and almost murdered myself with me keyboard.

It is definitely not a bug, but really confusing for a N00b like me. A bit tweak to make it more direct and simple?? Like removing the unnecessary rock-tip bolts from material sub menu??
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 749