Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835303 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The weapons would prove a difficult project, since the reaction is designed to take "any" weapon. Otherwise I would have to do a reaction for each material, or each weapon.

The hellfire turrets use dragonfire, melting everything. The drawback is that it also evaporates dwarves, anything remotely not-magma proof, even metal bridges have been known to melt. And it starts massive fires topside. I keep it like it is, a powerful weapon that might backfire if used incorrectly. The only problem I have with them is that some migrants bring free ones, but I found a way to reduce the chance for this by exactly 16,6% ;) Next version should see less free turrets. Same that I did with landmines, since 2 mod version they are a lot rarer.

Anyway, I have a massive list of things to do again, thanks to the reports and my own test fortress, which is one of the hardest games I ever played. Berserking Orc thieves, rains that causes massive bruising and unconciousness, a hill titan made of vomit that fought for 2 months against my entire militia of 40 dwarves, constantly webbing them, and the second tantrum spiral by now. Damn this rain, people are forced to drink contaminated water, slime and vomit all the time.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was looking sites & pops file I made, only 3,501 broods left.  Doesn't sound like much when looking at the rest of the totals...like 102,580,000 GIANT ELEPHANTS...One Hundred and Two MILLION GIANT ELEPHANTS?  I'll try more genning and see about a higher pop of broods.

Speaking of giant elephants, they've always been listed twice  (and I mean four times, not one-for-male-one-for-female twice) from the elves (they've never brought me any I asked for either).  In addition they are listed twice in this sites & pops file.

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile

We need dwarven prosthetic arms, one dwarf just tried for several seasons to grab soap before dieing of thirst and hunger. Sad and hilarious at the same time, but yeah they need arms.

EDIT: He had almost every part of his body pelted by a goblin ambush with bolts, survived without legs arms or a left lung for years while the doctors preformed surgery. Then for some reason they stoped treating him, and ,using his teeth I guess, he pulled himself up to my soap stockpile. DWARF FORTRESS, no arms, no legs, fuck it, use your teeth!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:55:18 pm by AndyDish »
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome story :) Two minor things I like to add: Coal should "only" burn for 9 months, dont know about coal constructions though. And drakes most certainly do not breathe fire. Just made double sure before I posted that and looked it up in the raws. No firebreath. ^^

Really? Well, im certain there was firebreath ("DragonBreath") And i presumed that i came from the drake (Being a species of Dragon, and all) But i guess its completely possible it came from the !!FUN!! monster, as he appeared in the dining room.
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

ItchyBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Armour layers are not working as intended. Can't make dwarves wear breastplates over mail shirts, nor breastplates over padded shirts nor any metal armour over padded armour.

Odd. My last 1.5.1 fort had a similar problem w/ my guys not wanting to wear "gold padded leggings" underneath their "steel plate graves". I'm assuming it's a vanilla problem related to the order they put the items on - I'm sure there was a bug along those lines at one point. I had no problems with padded shirts under platemail breastplates though. Mittens under gauntlets also worked, as did padded hood under plate helm.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

as long as your not trying to super stack, (i.e. regular shirt, padded shirt, mail shirt, breastplate.) dwarves are capable of putting items on in the right order, the old bug concerning this disappeared sometime in the 31.xx versions i believe.

EDIT: drakes breathe fire?!?! well im just gonna move that pen real quick...

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: drakes breathe fire?!?! well im just gonna move that pen real quick...
Im not certain, Meph stated that they dont, buy i did see Dragon Fire.

If they cant, it was certainly a Spoilerific thing instead.
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

daxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I'm noticing some rather odd behavior from some dwarves.

First of all, for some reason food is getting placed in a custom stockpile that should not accept it. This might just be something I've overlooked, but the food does not seem to show up on my status screen (I 'ran out' earlier despite there being a fair bit of food in the wrong stockpile). I haven't figured out how to get my dwarves to move it...which is a big problem now, because it's starting to rot. And I still can't figure out how to move it. =/

Another odd thing (could be intended?)..my preacher seems to be stockpiling (mostly rotten) food in his office. And he's not just dragging food down there and forgetting it, I just watched him drag a withered plump helmet and then rotten meat down there. o.O

***EDIT: Just used DFHacks autodump plugin to get rid of the rotting food, was tired of all the miasma.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:43:08 am by daxp »

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

• Make each stonecutter job produce some sort of waste product (e.g. 'stone debris').

im not sure if meph wants to add waste products that accomplish nothing but tying up haulers with dumping something...

Yet he's perfectly ok with artificially tying up my masons with crafting/hauling things ;). I just hate the idea of not having easy access to bins/barrels. I murdered one of my vampires and he was carrying over 1000 amulets/rings/etc. That all needs to go somewhere. :(

My suggestion above was an attempt to avoid these two situations:
  • Needing craft blocks on auto-repeat - this causes me to run out of stone (both in a local stockpile and in general) and is a problem when other items (e.g. tables) are made of boulders. I don't want my masons turning all my stone-which-is-going-to-be-a-table into blocks.
  • Needing to queue up two crafting jobs when I just want 30 more bins. I don't want to have to queue up 30 block jobs, then 30 bin jobs, and then get a bunch of spam because one job is going faster than the other. The problem is magnified when I want 100 more bins because my furnaces are going all out...
These are very minor issues though. I'm ok with blocks for bins.

You're probably right though... extra hauling jobs would probably slow the game down.

There's an easy fix for the "I don't want my masons turning all my stone-which-is-going-to-be-a-table into blocks" problem. Simply add reactions to the stonecutter that take blocks and make all the things a normal masons workshop can make.

I've actually used my own mods before, one that allowed you to make specific blocks from specific stone, and one that allowed me to do all the things with blocks that you can do with boulders. This means you can happily store stone in bins as blocks and use them in any way you wish later. It has the side effect of allowing easy stone transport too, since you can have a mason on mining site to make blocks and stock them into bins near the shop.

@Meph: Bout time you took my "Make the stonecutter use blocks" advice. Even though it was way back before this thread had hit 50 pages. Now all you need is the extra block reactions in the stonecutter for normal mason things.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Never heard about the food stockpiling before, which food is it, and what are the stockpile options for the stockpile it should be in ?

About the padded armor not working: It most certainly does work. They have to put on the underlayer first though. So assign specific padded stuff first, then assign the actual armor. A bit micromanagy, but the only way. Most people wont use it I guess. I think the best is padded drake/lamellar leather stuff, then adamantine plate armor, and a nice fireproof cloak/hood/robe above it. :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I succesfully transformed thieves that flee into single ambush untis that attack. Think no one did that before. This thief here sneaks up on people and tries to murder them, instead of fleeing. Think of them as assassins, I might even rename them to that ;)

Fun stuff: (or wtf)

@ashnal: Currently Beds, Bins, Barrels and Beds need blocks. I still have problems with a block factory, it collides with the simple settings (will have to do a lot of modding there) and worse: All stones that are used in a reaction are economic stones since 34. (or even earlier ?) This would mean that ALL stones are economic, and every player would have to manually change them in the stone stocks screen in every game. Any way around that ? If the used stones could stay non-economic I will add it at once.

EDIT: I also tested the macro for uniforms. True, it selects cloaks instead of armor. I think the new optional clothing did throw it of. Will make a new one. I also thought about chainmail overarmor. Essentially mittens, hoods and cloaks made of chainmail. Should also add extra protection, especially against cutting, while the actual armor protects against piercing, and the padded stuff blocks blunt. In theory. Of course equipping just one dwarf with all this will take enormous effort.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:32:56 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as I tested. Dwarves equip that damn steel armour and then easily equip trousers, while they drop steel graves to equip padded leggings. Same goes with mittens/padded mittens. they use mittens under the steel armour, but refuse to use padded mittens. I can't make them to equip breastplate over the mail shirt. And can't make them equip anything-steel over the cloth padded shirt. I have not tested leather padded armour, all I use for this testing is pig tail cloth & steel. Cant equip cloak over any steel armour like mail/breastplate too.

Aaaarrggh.

Reminder - I use version 1.5.0.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@meph: I seem to remember back when I was playing Mechanixm's Genesis sub-mod that it had a stone pulverizer and block factory but didn't make all the stone economic.

In any case, here's a random idea to toss at that particular problem. Give each (tedious work) stone a unique reaction class and have the block factory refer to that reaction class? Then perhaps the game won't see the stone as economic since it isn't specifically used in a reaction. I haven't tested this but it's a theory.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:45:53 am by Ashnal »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Padded armor is included since the very first release, never changed a thing on it. I tested it once before the release, but that is long ago ;)

@ashnal: Nope, the stone will still be identified. When you "view" it it will still know that it can be used in that reaction. And yes, the old genesis/mechanixm has it, I have the raws lying around, but it does not work since Df34. because Today changed the stone stocks. Some stuff does not even show up at all anymore, it is weird. One other modder claimed that only stone that can be used somewhere is shown, and made a fake reaction that just lists all the stones, so that they can be selected in the stocks. Sadly, even this made them economic. I am contemplating changing the stone grinder because of this as well, since it works (in theory) like the blockfactory, just backwards ;)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

about the armor,
stop trying to put regular clothes under it, if you plan on max stacking, regular clothes DO take up an armor 'slot'.

also Meph, im confused, is it with extra clothes on or off that the macros don't work? because the macros should work optimally with default setting, AKA the way alot of people seem to play it(with minor changes).
just making sure you arn't prioritizing optimizing macros for the laggiest possible extra addition instead of for people who keep it off... (not that i would expect you would.)

having fun with alternative weapons and armor since im trying a metal free fort, so far i got drake leather padded armors, llamaler armor over that, then cloaks, hoods, etc over that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It affects both, does not matter if the clothing is actually included in the entity or not. As long as the item is in the raws the uniform setting can find it. Thats the reason it lists all these weird stuff (vampireslayer cloaks, reignplate armor and so on) that are mood-only special items. Nothing I could do about it, every time I add/change anything in the items I might need new macros. Stupid, but cant change it.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 749