Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1809589 times)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1965 on: March 04, 2012, 03:42:04 pm »

The friendly invaders after reclaim are a vanilla bug.

I always though of that as a feature. Lightens up the mood.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 04, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »

Turning TrueType only helps with non TrueType, once we hit F12 again, it comes back.

Couldn't test it with a vanilla 34.03, so I don't know if it comes from there or not, but vanilla 34.04 definitely don't have this problem, or at least not in the many cases I encountered it in this version.

It could as well come from the fact that the police used is different, thus the spacing made by Toady ending getting in the way, but it becomes worse and worse as you go though menus, having more and more black squares in those, sometimes so much it becomes really hard to read.
I even once got confused thinking I was nearly out of drink (showed 10) when 1 had 1040, making me having troubles with putting animals in pens (not always shows if the animal is in a pen or not).

I didn't know about the F11 solution, might be a little better than quit and restart the game.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 04, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »

I'm not sure about shell "feature". I mean fishing is quite complex depending on area and pets are not really good way to save up. Now you can't store shells untanned, because they rot improbably fast. Well i am actually not sure if moody dwarfs demand shells now. Why not make different kind of armour which would use vanilla shells?
Also I like farmer guild idea. Maybe doctor guild would be helpful too?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 04, 2012, 04:19:13 pm »

moody dwarves DO ask for shells, I am certain of it as the second one that asked for it, I used dfhack command to show the ingredients wanted, and it said "any shell".
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 04, 2012, 04:24:29 pm »

The friendly invaders after reclaim are a vanilla bug.

I always though of that as a feature. Lightens up the mood.
itsatrap.jpg

Just killed a zombie goblin snatcher and all the 72 goblin lashers scattered around my fort just went hostile! Plus the female Rutherer that's been pumping out twins and triplets in the year since I reclaimed. Holy crap there's a page and a half of rutherer children. Ha, and a goblin ambush turns up at the same time. Bugger.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 04, 2012, 04:29:03 pm »

just a tip Meph, you are condemning moody dwarfs to death with your changes for shells, they a, rot. or b, get tanned into uselessness right?
unless you find a work around to allow your tanned shells to be used.

i would also like to point out that we have shell armor by default in DF i think.

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 04, 2012, 04:51:53 pm »

Also I like farmer guild idea. Maybe doctor guild would be helpful too?

I wouldn't mind seeing a food production caste myself.  Though to get around bugging Meph for it, I just added the learn rate for growing to my hauler caste in the interim.  Adding a whole caste to cover farming doesn't look too hard, but I haven't taken the time yet.

Doctor skills are already covered by the noble caste, as they get a 250% learn rate to all social and medical skills.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 04, 2012, 05:13:28 pm »

My dwarfs have recently struck a large deposit of fine quality COLLAPSED!

Not game breaking, but annoying. Looks like it's just regular old stone too.

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 04, 2012, 05:18:44 pm »

The problem here is I'm not sure what the alternative would be - calling it "Collapsed Wall" would give you "Collapsed Wall Wall" and "Collapsed Wall Floor". I suppose Ruins might be better, or perhaps Ancient Brick/Flagstone?

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 04, 2012, 05:33:40 pm »

Cave-ins are now officially trade goods! It's craft material, right? Right?
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 04, 2012, 05:49:30 pm »

collapsed is a container for the archaeology stuff. if you don't like it, disable the fossils.

also Meph, my butcher is currently butchering a goblin bowman, and the the meat was made into sausages....???!!! AWESOME!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1976 on: March 04, 2012, 05:50:44 pm »

It does not exist in solid form after mining. Ruins I tried first, Ruins Wall, Ruins Floor... not much better. If anyone has a better name then "collaped" (collapsed wall/floor) I will add it.

And how come all of you think that shell rots ? It does not. Worst case is that you dont notice your tanner automatically tanning all your shells. I could add a reverse-engineering reaction, to make shell out of tanned shell/shell plate. I only condemn those moody dwarves to death if you tan all your shells, or dont keep a few lying around in animal form (turtle)   I mostly thought of it as another way to make backpacks/quivers, since you can make them from shell now.

The truetype errors must be a phoebus thing.

Farmers Guild I wont do, food is easy enough as it is. And historicly speaking: There was no farmers guild as far as I know. Smiths, Crafters, Builders, Masons and so forth, but farmers were too low in the social ladder.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 04, 2012, 06:02:55 pm »

crap, got my first time with a necromancer, and guess what?

He is a baby, and 8 members of his family came alongside with him in the last wave.

I have a secure-ish fort, but some badger fought an aligator at the start of the map, and now there are skeletal ones roaming the river side just outside my fort.

I guess I am glad I didn't enable my hunters now, but any suggestion on how not to make him destroy the whole fort before I can even try tu burrow him alone?
His mother is a legendary butcher, and I really don't want to loose her, not to a tantrum or by outright killing her.
Oh, yeah, one of his cousins came as a quite good warrior, and became militia captain, I don't want him to go against the whole world either as none of my other soldiers could stand their ground against him.

Edit:
TO add for the shell stuff, you could make shell shields, and it is almost one of the best shields in the game as it weights nearly nothing. By best, I mean, as a defense thing, not a weapon, because bone/shell shields sucks at attacks.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:06:11 pm by slay_mithos »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 04, 2012, 06:03:43 pm »

water pushes babies through fortifications, that is all.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 04, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »

How about 'collapsed stone'? It's not really different but sounds better. Also collapsed structure possibly, but collapsed structure wall would be uncanny.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 749