Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1809615 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1950 on: March 04, 2012, 12:33:53 pm »

Fixing Mages and fleeing Golems is the major problem right now. There seem to be only workarounds. I COULD make golems a dwarven caste, that would allow them to join the military and fight, but they also do labor then. And count as citizens. But if it is the only solution, why not.

PS: Things I will definetly do befor the next upload:
NEXT:
- Split turrets into 3 creatures with 2 castes, with the better ones having a low pop ratio.
- Add golems to dwarven race as caste, removing the adamantine version. sadly. (graphics ?)
- Raise the pop ratio of all other dwarves, to make golems/mages appear close to not at all.
- Add special secret feature (muhaha) as well, make 5 versions for now.
- Test slaves with hugos new setup.
- Make drow interactions have a higher cooldown time.
- Remove double tower shield.

GUI:
- Make the 8 dust rocks optional
- i need a new pet button
- drow on off button
- human/goblin/elf/kobold on/off (?)
- vanilla buildings new additions button
- leather upgrades button
- Dust effects optional

UPDATE MANUAL
- Fun.
IN case you have to make golems a dwarven caste, to deter players from still using them for common labor, Make sure only combat skills can be raised and then any other labor cannot be learned and rusts quickly:
[SKILL_RATES:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE] (ok I don't know how to make all skills rust super fast without forcing the combat skills to rust quickly as well)
[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:WRESTLING:100]
[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:DODGING:50]
[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:STANCE_STRIKE:100]
[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:GRASP_STRIKE:100]
[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:MELEE_COMBAT:100]

Shame there are only workarounds thus far, btw how is the tests with PET LABOR doing?

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 04, 2012, 12:35:05 pm »

Here are a couple more info charts, this time for the Guildhall:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:03:22 pm by Flobulon »

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 04, 2012, 12:56:51 pm »

Just another small bug, when you check the description of a dwarf the first line is often repeated. So 'He is skinny. He is skinny', although some of them are different 'He is muscular. He is wiry.'

Also just reclaimed my fort after a huge lasher goblin ambush of 70 odd goblins with beasts and they are all now friendly but that appears to be a vanilla bug according to the wiki. I guess that is hardcoded? At least it will be something to train my military on.

Oh and I was getting ambush messages from within the caverns even though I hadn't explored that area yet so not sure what was happening there (this was before the reclaim), there was a tribe of batmen around but they weren't friendly to me on the unit list.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #1953 on: March 04, 2012, 01:01:13 pm »

First off,

Kudos to anyone who had a hand in making this mod. I'm just surprised I hadn't noticed it before!

So, I had just a few quick questions about some of the settings that you can modify. Under the Races menu, does putting a Race to YES, mean that they will be more invasions of that specific race, or does it simply make it available in the world you create?

Meaning that if you create a world and that, let's say, Minotaur are flagged as NO. That means that no Minotaur will exist in the create world at all?

I was looking forward to playing this all weekend, but I catched some insane head cold, so my brain is not working properly, making DF sessions a little uncomfortable. :(

Thanks in advance!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1954 on: March 04, 2012, 01:04:47 pm »

The friendly invaders after reclaim are a vanilla bug. The ambush worked like this I suppose: You reached the trigger for the underground civ to attack, it send and ambush party that arrived in the caverns, the party bumped into a wild animal and is revelead.

I will check the double descriptions, might be the dwarf body + the dwarf caste that causes this in some dwarves.

@vhortex: Setting a race to NO deletes them completely. Not the creatures, but the civilizations. You can still encounter wild creatures of these kinds. Setting a race to YES adds them to the game, and they will attack/siege you. Creepers are an exception, they are just optional pets for invaders to bring.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1955 on: March 04, 2012, 01:07:00 pm »

Oh and I was getting ambush messages from within the caverns even though I hadn't explored that area yet so not sure what was happening there (this was before the reclaim), there was a tribe of batmen around but they weren't friendly to me on the unit list.
That would be "Cavern" campers fighting "Cavern" ambushers. Since Cave Civs lack the "CAN_SPEAK" they are all at war with each other, and somehow "Camper" cave people seem to be their own little civ. So there will be "Batman" ambushers attacking the Campers. And if a camper kills a ambusher he/she will become friendly to your civ.

@Vhothex
Thank you, I'm kinda an on off helper for Meph depending on what SCIENCE or working on my mod.
But I'm not the only one :P I think this has to be the only mod I know that has had every major modder work on this, Thus the name "MASTERWORK" :P

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 04, 2012, 01:07:06 pm »

Here are a couple more info charts, this time for the Guildhall:

Now this helps quite a lot. Though I still cant figure how to use the building. What labors are needed to be enabled for 1.4.1?
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 04, 2012, 01:11:19 pm »

Now this helps quite a lot. Though I still cant figure how to use the building. What labors are needed to be enabled for 1.4.1?

In 1.4.1, they are:

Join the Legion - Siege Engineering (SIEGECRAFT)
Join the Smiths Guild - Armor Smithing (FORGE_ARMOR)
Join the Crafters Guild - Stonecrafting (STONECRAFT)
Enter a noble house - Diagnosis (DIAGNOSE)

edit: Oh, and I just realised I accidentally put 250 coins when I meant 500. Will fix and edit my initial post.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:13:02 pm by Flobulon »

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 04, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »

How about a Farmers Guild - Farming, Herbalist, Cooking, Brewing, Etc. or are these already contained in another guild?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 04, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »

Thanks for the answers, sorry forgot to mention this other thing that I'm getting where there are gaps in the writing as below. I've turned off/on truetype with F12 but that didn't help. It's not really a big deal again, just makes seeing some prices a bit harder on the trading screen. I think when I was playing last night it seemed to get progressively worse the longer I played, by the end I would look at the military equip screen and most of the options in the rightmost column weren't visible.
Anyway don't meant to complain, Masterwork is great fun so far.

treskies

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Mac user here.  I was wondering if there had been any updates on the settings app port?

@dix: Hell if I know. I cant test on MacOs, since I have no Mac. Ask kudakeru. ^^

Oh, uh, crap.  I'll be home in about three hours.  I kind of completely spaced the settings application.  I'll have to think about the best way to do that.  Dix, you were able to get the Masterwork version of DT to run in WINE?  I don't want to make it a requirement, but I'm probably going to have to work with Meph to merge code from his modifications with the OS X version of DT.  The settings app I'll just have to build an OS X equivalent for.  That'll actually be the easier part.

For now the OS X package runs with the default MasterworkDF settings.  Sorry about that, folks.  I put it together while on the bus on my way to work this morning.

I've switched to running Masterwork DF in Wine to get it all working, but so far the only functioning things are DF itself, DFHack (sort of), and Dwarf Therapist - the settings.exe wont work.

Truth be told, I was really interested in Masterwork DF more for the integration of all the add-on utilities, which to my knowledge hasn't been done for OSX ever.  The additional content is nice, but its hard to figure out all at once, and I'd rather turn off most of the new things.  If there's a way to do this independently of the settings executable, I'd appreciate the help.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 04, 2012, 02:15:37 pm »

Thanks for the answers, sorry forgot to mention this other thing that I'm getting where there are gaps in the writing as below. I've turned off/on truetype with F12 but that didn't help. It's not really a big deal again, just makes seeing some prices a bit harder on the trading screen. I think when I was playing last night it seemed to get progressively worse the longer I played, by the end I would look at the military equip screen and most of the options in the rightmost column weren't visible.
Anyway don't meant to complain, Masterwork is great fun so far.

I have the same thing. Restarting DF fixes the issue for a while (not for long though). Also many thanks on that guildhall :]
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 04, 2012, 02:50:09 pm »

I have the same thing. Restarting DF fixes the issue for a while (not for long though). Also many thanks on that guildhall :]

My solution has just been to quickly hit F11 to switch to windowed mode then back to fullscreen.  Seems to clear it up completely, but it's just a temp fix obviously - it comes back shortly after.  Though it does allow me to get through a trade session without giving away something worth 6k by accident.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1963 on: March 04, 2012, 02:54:21 pm »

Turning Truetype Off doesnt help ? Thats new.

Apart from that: The mod is a wild mix of all kinds of modders. Mostly my stuff by now, even if I started with hugos/rephikuls help, and could use raws from deon/narhiril. Since this is my first mod I mostly did copy/paste in the beginning, but now I am quite good with making stuff myself. Lucas gave me the sourcecode for the LNP, so I build the settings.exe based on that.

About the MacOS: I wont work on that, but kodukeru wrote me about a possible Mac Settings.exe. I already sent him the source code. I could write a little readme about changing it manually, what do you want to remove/toggle ? It would be a long readme, for sure ^^

Next version will have an updated MacOS version as well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 04, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »

I cant seem to figure out how to get my dwarves to use the spear throwers. I have them assigned ammo and the throwers and I ordered them to attack across a river but they wont shoot. Any suggestions?
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 749