Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835122 times)

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1725 on: March 01, 2012, 12:41:13 am »

Bug: Merchants from the dorfs came in the first fall, and they started doing this over and over. There are multiple pages of this stuff:

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: March 01, 2012, 12:43:16 am »

Got 3 turrets in migrant waves. An acid, webber, and warpstone. These should probably be made MUCH more rare or not occur at all.

I agree. Is there a way to keep them from migrating to the fort with dorfs as pets? I'd rather not have ANY until I actually have gold craft production or whatever going in full swing, and I can actually get them legitimately for myself.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 01, 2012, 12:53:05 am »

@turrets, hes trying, but with the way he set up the constructs  they are either tradeable for, or dont come with migrants.

McFlow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: March 01, 2012, 01:28:18 am »

Edit: Oh, and armored war mastiffs may help you fight off early invaders. They're certainly extremely effective against thieves (except for warlocks which tend to suffocate them with magic) and once you have the animal armory up and running they cost nothing to produce.
Just in case you're not sure, the work flow for producing an armored war mastiff is "stray Mastiff" -> "stray Armored Mastiff" -> "stray war Armored Mastiff". I say that because it's important to note that war mastiffs can't be equipped with armor, you have to equip then train them.

I haven't found out yet how to armor my Mastiffs yet, but I have found that even unarmored they are quite the opponent! Three of my trained war mastiffs destroyed an ambush of twelve goblins the other day, in a manner as refined as three fully trained axedwarves would. Of course afterwards they got to chew on the bones that were left as a reward.

If you take into account a female Mastiff gives birth to around four puppies each year, taking a couple with you on embark is insane! After a few got killed when a giant forest fire because of a hellfire turret I forgot to correctly place, I still have a full squad of eight left. And I am only two years in!

(The upper blabber signifies how much fun I am having playing with the mod. The point of my writing, however, is for you, Meph, to nerf Mastiffs in some way, as they can defend your forest perfectly until sieges arrive. I would like to see them cost more on embark and have less puppies every cycle of offspring.)

Edit: And if you need help with anything, from bug tracking to !!Science!! to RAW-editing, let me know (Although I am very much an inexperienced overseer).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:35:16 am by McFlow »
I embarked on an island, saw the ocean was frozen, and decided to dig a fort in there. I forgot that it wasn't a freezing biome...

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 01, 2012, 01:41:22 am »

How am I supposed to deal with Druids raising buggy skeleton zombies in my fortress whenever they feel like it?

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 01, 2012, 02:07:29 am »

Bug: I had a forest fire, but none of the trees burned down. Someone in #bay12games mentioned that they personally had a forest fire, and the trees did all burn down on their game. Perhaps a problem with tree raws in Masterwork Mod?

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 01, 2012, 02:43:36 am »

Really ugly typo:

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 01, 2012, 03:36:18 am »

How am I supposed to deal with Druids raising buggy skeleton zombies in my fortress whenever they feel like it?

* atomsmash him
* have him build his own little manor house in a quiet part of the map
* turn him into a golem and see if he still uses necromancys
* if no:  win, now you have a golem
* if yes:  seal him up cask of amontillado style until it's time to open the catacombs to HFS
* ??? 

that's all i got.  Probably in future versions i'd advocate them not immigrating ...

* Altar of Armok.  !!BFTBG!!

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 01, 2012, 03:47:08 am »

Dang, I wish I had thought of ANY of those (including Shrine of Armok) before dropping a stack of 7 magma on top of him.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: March 01, 2012, 04:25:08 am »

* atomsmash him

VERY bad idea. I did that. What you get is a ghost necromancer after a few months who can walk through walls and still raise the dead.
I had my whole fort crawling with bone/skin/corpses you name it.

But after a few dead dwarfes i managed to get a slab with his name on put up - then there was peace again.

Now i only got two vampire ghosts to deal with (also atom smashed). Sadly i cant engrave slabs for them ...
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Drolith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: March 01, 2012, 04:27:05 am »

Freaking love this mod! Keep up the good work!!!

paul k.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 01, 2012, 05:03:19 am »

hey,
is there a possibility of adding more weather-related syndromes and stuff?
i mean, for example, if you embark on a freezing or cold biome, you should construct a stove that will require fuel, either your dwarves will suffer from cold and will eventually die.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 01, 2012, 06:07:11 am »

Okay. Enough fun is enough.

Is there a way to kill ghosts?

I got 2 vampire ghosts haunting and eating my dwawrfs and i CAN NOT put them to rest (there is no option to carve a slab for them and their bodies have been atom smashed)

[Runesmith isnt working with the new version atm ...]

Help a fellow dwarf!

cheers

Poonyen

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarg!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #1738 on: March 01, 2012, 07:04:32 am »

I got 2 vampire ghosts haunting and eating my dwawrfs and i CAN NOT put them to rest (there is no option to carve a slab for them and their bodies have been atom smashed)

Help a fellow dwarf!

cheers

Indeed ya'll, please help with this. Is there no way to delete a dwarf/ghost without using Runesmith? I'm crazy about this mod and these ghosts are making my fortresses unplayable :( Can one manually edit the saves somehow?
I like to make music especially for Dwarf Fortress and Soundsense in my spare time (https://www.youtube.com/simonswerwer, http://soundcloud.com/simonswerwer). Also check out Toadese Language Utility to read and write DF dwarven texts (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136098). Bang the tankards!

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 01, 2012, 07:33:08 am »

Help a fellow dwarf!

cheers

Indeed ya'll, please help with this. Is there no way to delete a dwarf/ghost without using Runesmith? I'm crazy about this mod and these ghosts are making my fortresses unplayable :( Can one manually edit the saves somehow?

Okay i found a kind of workaround ... i renamed the Ghost using dfhack and voila his name showed up on the engrave slab menue.
Got his slab set up - first ghost down! :D

now lets try this for number two ...

hope this helps you too mate.

EDIT: damn. It doesnt seem to work for my second vampire ghost ... he just ate one of my best soldiers ... still doesnt show up on the slab list...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:35:11 am by Nimrod »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 749