Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834742 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1650 on: February 28, 2012, 11:58:53 pm »

FD races act weirdly in masterwork sometimes, just a product of the massive amount of stuff meph added, while removing redundant crap.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 29, 2012, 01:23:54 am »

I can't seem to find where to craft some trap components. Serrated discs for example, I don't see them in any of the forges only the stonecutters workshop, but I don't want to make them out of stone. I don't see the spiked metal ball anywhere either. What's the trap component that deals blunt damage?

I only see barbed wire, axe and saw blade, spikes, and corkscrew.

I also haven't attracted any migrants for 3 seasons in a row, stuck at 15. Is this just really bad luck or another bug? Created wealth is 330,000. I've had 50-70 migrants with barely over 100,000 created wealth so I'm not sure what's going on.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:07:14 am by Seraphyx »

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 29, 2012, 01:58:42 am »

For dudemeister and the other guy who wanted to store stone boulders ...

I solved this issue a long time ago myself. My solution? Let everything that is made out of boulders instead be made from blocks.

This allows you to cut stone into blocks and store blocks in bins normally, but be able to use those blocks for almost any reason you could want.

Just add a [REACTION_CLASS:STONE] to the STONE_TEMPLATE material template so all stone gets this. Then change all the reactions in the stonecutters (the building that lets you make extra things from stone, dont know if Meph's renamed it since then) to accept [REAGENT:A:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:STONE] as a reagent. You'll need to write a few extra reactions if you wan't to allow things normally made at the mason's to be made from blocks at the stonecutter's as well.

This spares you from the stone conversion back and forth. Allowing you to store stone in a natural way and still use it later.

Keisari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 29, 2012, 03:12:18 am »

Hey Meph you do realize that when I got this "friendly" dwarven necromancer into my fort he just raised all the corpses which proceeded to kill everyone in my fort? I think that should be disabled or atleast made working properly. The undead attack the living, they don't really have a side.

For now I'll play without castes and priests.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: February 29, 2012, 03:34:45 am »

Hey Meph you do realize that when I got this "friendly" dwarven necromancer into my fort he just raised all the corpses which proceeded to kill everyone in my fort? I think that should be disabled or atleast made working properly. The undead attack the living, they don't really have a side.

For now I'll play without castes and priests.
This means one thing - your Inquisitors have failed.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: February 29, 2012, 04:30:55 am »

New version is a lot of fun!  Thanks Meph :)

Does it seem like we're getting too many bars from the Arc furnace powders in this build?  I'll pay closer attention next time but I suddenly have a ton of wolfram.  My best guess is that the [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] is getting applied to the bag rather than to the powder? 

Here's the unmodified reaction,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 29, 2012, 05:41:18 am »

I can't seem to find where to craft some trap components. Serrated discs for example, I don't see them in any of the forges only the stonecutters workshop, but I don't want to make them out of stone. I don't see the spiked metal ball anywhere either. What's the trap component that deals blunt damage?

I only see barbed wire, axe and saw blade, spikes, and corkscrew.

I also haven't attracted any migrants for 3 seasons in a row, stuck at 15. Is this just really bad luck or another bug? Created wealth is 330,000. I've had 50-70 migrants with barely over 100,000 created wealth so I'm not sure what's going on.

Haven't had a chance to play with traps in the latest version, but I know Meph changed quite a bit in the latest version.

As for migrants, that's not a bug, it's something which is present in vanilla. The first two waves of migrants are autogenerated, but the rest require a path to an active dwarven civilisation. You won't receive any more migrants if any dwarf civilisations are inaccessible (e.g. you are separated by sea) or extinct. It's annoying I know, but outside of the realm of modding I think. The only way to avoid it is by checking there are still dwarves alive in legends mode.

On another note, thanks to everyone for their kind comments about my info charts. I think the next one will be about advanced metalworking, i.e the arc furnace. I'll have to download the latest version (1.4.1) first to ensure my info is up to date.
Oh and thanks for the update Meph, enjoy your travels!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 29, 2012, 05:42:38 am »

What's the trap component that deals blunt damage?

Ram.  initially made of wood, can be upgraded with armor plates.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 29, 2012, 05:57:26 am »

New version is a lot of fun!  Thanks Meph :)

Does it seem like we're getting too many bars from the Arc furnace powders in this build?  I'll pay closer attention next time but I suddenly have a ton of wolfram.  My best guess is that the [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] is getting applied to the bag rather than to the powder? 

Here's the unmodified reaction,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jup, I just got 100+ Mithril Bars from one single bag of powder (yay!)
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 29, 2012, 05:59:45 am »

Anthracite absent from blast furnace. Actually using only 2 bituminous coal in blast furnace somewhat disappointing, since i used to think blast furnace designed for fast smelt reactions with high reagent number.
And btw why do we need magma blast furnace if it's exactly same blast furnace requiring fuel?

Edit: is that just me or dwarfs spend awfully huge amount of time drinking/eating?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:11:10 am by afftor »

Ryusko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 29, 2012, 06:15:31 am »

I'm having living stone and cave fungus drop stone instead of fluid. Furthermore I can't stop them from filling up my stone stockpiles since they're not available in the stockpile menus. I have harder mining off; I'd rather not turn it on if that's what's causing it.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 29, 2012, 06:28:23 am »

I'm having living stone and cave fungus drop stone instead of fluid. Furthermore I can't stop them from filling up my stone stockpiles since they're not available in the stockpile menus. I have harder mining off; I'd rather not turn it on if that's what's causing it.

Thats most definitely NOT whats causing it. I have it off and fungus walls drop slime - nothing else (i have no living walls on this map - thank Armok. I hate those ... disgusting).
Did you start a new fort/world or play with an existing?

cheers
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 29, 2012, 06:34:16 am »

What kind of temperatures do you have around? In my glacier fortress cave fungus drops no fluid but a piece of fungus stone too (1.3 and 1.4.0).
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

makpantek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 29, 2012, 06:40:19 am »

A working cursor on ALL of the selections and.... please please make full screen mode, i use a laptop and the poor graphic + small windows mode are killing me.

Ryusko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 29, 2012, 06:46:11 am »

What kind of temperatures do you have around? In my glacier fortress cave fungus drops no fluid but a piece of fungus stone too (1.3 and 1.4.0).

That fixed it, thanks: I'd turned off temperature completely to help FPS. Turning it back on instantly flooded my stockpiles and dumps with blood and slime  :o
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 749