Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834611 times)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just posting to add: I check the thread several times a day, and it's getting really hard to follow. It's kind of confusing.

About the warlocks: did some testing myself, and while they are absurdly powerful against melee oppoenents in an open field, when you get them into a corridor, with contructed/mined surroundings, my melee squad tore though them easily. Goblin bowmen tend to be more of a challenge in that situation.
So yeah, mission accomplished, they are deadly ambushers, but certainly beatable.

It was mentioned earlier (honestly, don't know who said it), but I'd like to second it: zombie thieves look kind of silly. That's a seriously uncool feature, I'd even call it a bug. Especially since the zombie thief runs faster than any of my dwarves.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey meph, why not remove necromancers from warlocks, and add them to the zombie race at a low %.

that way necromancers show up with hordes of zombies.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Imagine being me ;)

Zombie thieves are necessary, the entity needs the babysnatcher tag to be hostile. But with the new version I can try for "opposed to life", and see if that works for entire entities as well. Believe me, I was not happy when I made the decision to add thieves to them. But it was this, or no custom names for zombies. Is taken into my todo list.

I also managed to fix:
Removed rock spiked ball
Changed labors in stonecutter. Now only needs mason/stonecrafter.
Applyed dragonflys patch for animal wool/yarn/thread/cloth. NEEDS TESTING
Added flobulons patch for golem making. NEEDS TESTING, but looks ok.
Fixed Guild joining reactions. Formerly only accepted normal dwarves, now savants/castes as well.
Added [ITEMCORPSE:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORAGNIC:STEEL] to all armored pets. They will now leave a steel bar upon death.

EDIT: @bombzero: Is planned, since the old necromancer are not real necromancers, but guys with a necrosis-syndrome. useless for zombie race though, since they are already dead. Would keep them with the warlocks, when I give them proper interactions, instead of the old syndromes/breathattacks they have now

EDIT: 25% of the list done. But only the smaller things.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:29:02 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ah ok cool,

on that note i have noticed a bit of weirdness with fishing, meat industry is self nerfed even in vanilla, unless you butcher elephants.
farming is nerfed by you.
however, fishing produces fish faster than i can process and barrel them and makes food easy.

i dont know how much modding ability you have over fishing, but you may wanna look into it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

opposed to life

Does not make an entity hostile (I've tryed) thus just make sure they cannot speak (nameless undead is understandable)

also opposed to life has a wierd effect on invaders, they meander about and fail to accept they are in sqauds (basially imagin wildlife laying siege then instead of forming up they spread out all over the map (unless they can path to your dwarves then they home in like they are surpose to do))

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thanks a lot hugo, saved me a lot of testing. Thieving zombies it is then, I dont want "zombie master a zombie the zombie" running around, even if they steal things. Other solutions are welcome.

@bombzero: I can only affect fishing by lowering the fishing skill learn rates, but everything else is hardcoded. OR change creature files for fish, make them more hostile, but that would be stupid. But fishing is outside, and therefore a high-risk labor. Never use it much. But I can give it a try, with the skills.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

meh, skill nerfing may make sense as it takes many years to become a good fisherman in real life.

also i make indoor fishing areas by routing a stream through alternating rows of grates and fortifications, then pumping it into a pool for the purpose of fishing and drinking.

but that's something else entirely.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

Added [ITEMCORPSE:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORAGNIC:STEEL] to all armored pets. They will now leave a steel bar upon death.
If you copy-pasted this from the raws, you might have a typo in there... just saying ;) .

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No, was hand written. Checked raws, are fine.
About the fishing: Ok, skill nerf it is then.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have twice received the announcement "Rothe has given birth to a rothe calf."  There are no beings named Rothe in my fortress.  The only animals are horses, dogs, cats, and turkeys. Any ideas what this means?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Nerfed fishing down to 15% skill learn rate. Same for fish dissection and processing.

@zeebie:
[CREATURE:RHENAYAS_DROW_ROTHE]
   [DESCRIPTION:A large mammalian herbivore, living in the undergrounds. They are domesticated for milk and meat, and also used as packanimals.]

A new creature from the drows, one of their pets. Was a caravan on screen ? They also appear to live freely in the caverns, so check there ^^

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

while reading about not talking, adventure mode is just plain empty right now, mostly because none of the races we encounter wish to speak.

They don't attack when you wander in their houses and stuff, but there is no way to speak to them, or recruit them for the warriors.
It's a shame, as you see many villages, and most are not human ones, those not in ruin being inhabited by races not having anything for the player.

I know it's a lot of work, but if you plan on adding things for adventure mode, you should really consider making them at least act as the human civilisation does, or attack right off the bat, but not stand around doing nothing like they do.

And about skill nerf, appraiser needs to be nerfed quite a lot.
I just noticed that appointing a trader with 0 appraiser and trading two bins (roughly 800 buck per bin) levels the skill all the way to level 7.

I know for sure it was a hard to level skill before .34, so it might be some side effect of the mod, or a bug of vanilla.

Edit: by the wazy, if possible, why not make the drows underground friendly civilisation?
it would make cave exploring and settlements way more interesting instead of walling it off, no?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:06:54 pm by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, you do realize that if you add: LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT to the thread, then you get "local creature mat" - thread, cloth and items in the end ? This would fix the issue, sure, but also "fix" my generic mats. Point is, that the finished product should only have one type.

I just made a little todo-list to work on, dont know when I really do start, but it is nice to actually see what has to be done. If you want to have a look, here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Small additional request for your todo list:
Additional documentation especially about the buildings and what they do and what they need to function fully. Ingame it gives very little information about what is missing just that a job was canceled so I constantly had to dig through raws to figure out what the buildings you made did and what they needed. Adjusting the docs to match the implementation at least for major revisions would make life simpler for everyone I think.

edit: for clarification I'm really referring to metalwork industry right now and other things that were in 1.3, not the inital run of things added for 1.4
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:07:08 pm by xaldin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Better manual is in the list. No worries.

@slay_mithos: How ? What races, what do I need to add ? remember, I dont know a thing about adventure mode.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

Edit: by the wazy, if possible, why not make the drows underground friendly civilisation?
it would make cave exploring and settlements way more interesting instead of walling it off, no?
lol, Meph doesn't have the DF source code you know? In general you can assume that if something doesn't exist in Vanilla (i.e. underground civilization), modders can't add it. They can only do variations on what the game engine already does AND exposes in the raws.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:28:50 pm by isitanos »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 749