Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834519 times)

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I am just uploading. For the third time, since the internet is horrible here ^^

Dont know if that is the cleverest idea, since the 1.4 has not many new features, but you guys asked me to upload it, so why not. And I will never understand people who say: Oh, I must abandon my fortress then, because the cheese is called skin. So what, it is just the name, cheese works fine. If 3 features dont work, among 100 features the mod adds, then you still have tons of new stuff, in comparison to Vanilla DF.

Not every release has to have tons of features, fixes count too at least for me.  Its just a details thing to keep stuff tidy. 

Also for bugfix releases you may want to think about just including the files that were modified. I don't know how easy or hard that'd be for you to separate them but if it is easy then may save you hassle if your internet is giving you problems. Heaven knows I know how that is. I was complaining to my ISP that I could go with a CCG unit into a third world desert and get a better link than what they were giving me in middle of the USA.

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A friend of mine did some testing with golems. It seems that the golem reaction will fail on any dwarf that's part of a caste (guild, hauler, simple minded crafter etc). But works fine with dwarves that don't have a caste tag.

It also lists in the raws that its supposed to work on just Dwarf, but I've never edited raws so I don't know if thats related.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Could someone please kill me ? I just uploaded it, and get a bugreport that would have been easy to fix. I think I need a break. ^^

Yes, the golem thing works on:
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:MALE]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:FEMALE]

Easy fix, just add all other caste names under it, like this: DWARF:NOBLE_MALE and so forth.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I uploaded a fixed version of inorganic_zmaster_work.txt that has all of the castes added for the golem reaction.  You can grab it here: I forgot about other materials.  Grab Floblulon's fixed file here:  http://www.mediafire.com/?l7r81ilg7glo4c3

I've repacked the OS X version and sent the file to Meph so he can publish it.  Still working on a settings app for the OS X side.

@Meph Are there any instructions for how to manually change settings for the OS X users?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:48:49 pm by kudakeru »

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I uploaded a fixed version of inorganic_zmaster_work.txt that has all of the castes added for the golem reaction.  You can grab it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52718/inorganic_zmasterwork.txt

I believe that fixes only the first golem reaction (iron presumably). Here is one which should fix it for all golem reactions (i.e copper, gold, adamantium etc).
http://www.mediafire.com/?l7r81ilg7glo4c3

edit: And take a break Meph, you've earned it :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:46:46 pm by Flobulon »

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could someone please kill me ? I just uploaded it, and get a bugreport that would have been easy to fix. I think I need a break. ^^

Yes, the golem thing works on:
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:MALE]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:FEMALE]

Easy fix, just add all other caste names under it, like this: DWARF:NOBLE_MALE and so forth.

Isn't that always the way.  For future thought however, should all dwarve's be usable for golems?  I'm not sure all castes should be open to it from a balance point of view.

Thanks to kudakeru, saving me the typing with the patch file.

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe that fixes only the first golem reaction (iron presumably). Here is one which should fix it for all golem reactions (i.e copper, gold, adamantium etc).
http://www.mediafire.com/?l7r81ilg7glo4c3

Ah, crap, you're right.  My bad.  Updated my post to point at your link so no one gets the wrong file.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:57:17 pm by kudakeru »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is soap making fixed now in 1.4? I tried to make a lot of soap and all i got was that "common skin"...
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Soap is fixed :)

And I would be very grateful about feedback about these topics:

How is the trap system ?
What do the caravans bring ?
Do drows sent caravans? (winter only)
Do drows sent diplomats and can you oder stuff from them ?
Do they have special plants/drinks and evil pets ?
Do they sell weird toys, black bibles, chalices of blood...
Elves should have root armor and special bows/ammo
Humans should have weird named platearmors. Winged helmets, shields of faith, reignplates...
Orcs/Goblins should arrive with makeshift bows/crossbows, and use ONLY rusty iron a material.
Their melee weapons should have orcish names, and the armor should be broken/illfitting.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Is soap making fixed now in 1.4? I tried to make a lot of soap and all i got was that "common skin"...
Most likely a common fix (IE look at the reaction for soap making "reaction_other.txt") You probally have to point the PRODUCT to the generic creature's soap material, and tada soap making should be fixed. least of course the generic creature lacks a soap material. If so a simple [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAP:SOAP_TEMPALTE] will solve that issue (do note that tag must be inside the generic material creature)

I have no idea how Meph has his raws set up right now. So i'm only shooting in the dark for giving fixable advice

And Ninja'd lol

EDIT:
Deja Vu? what sorcery is this?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:34:22 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soap is fixed :)

And I would be very grateful about feedback about these topics:

How is the trap system ?
What do the caravans bring ?
Do drows sent caravans? (winter only)
Do drows sent diplomats and can you oder stuff from them ?
Do they have special plants/drinks and evil pets ?
Do they sell weird toys, black bibles, chalices of blood...
Elves should have root armor and special bows/ammo
Humans should have weird named platearmors. Winged helmets, shields of faith, reignplates...
Orcs/Goblins should arrive with makeshift bows/crossbows, and use ONLY rusty iron a material.
Their melee weapons should have orcish names, and the armor should be broken/illfitting.
\

My world gen has crashed twice now, first during history generation, last when it was placing the sites after the 750 years were created.  I'm getting this in error log

*** Error(s) finalizing the entity MOUNTAIN
Unrecognized entity trapcomp token: ITEM_BATTERING_RAM
Unrecognized entity trapcomp token: ITEM_BATTERING_STAKE
Unrecognized entity trapcomp token: ITEM_TRAPCOMP_RAZORWIRE
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity MOUNTAIN
Unrecognized entity trapcomp token: ITEM_BATTERING_RAM
Unrecognized entity trapcomp token: ITEM_BATTERING_STAKE
Unrecognized entity trapcomp token: ITEM_TRAPCOMP_RAZORWIRE

Haven't tracked those down to see just what is broke.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Why in gods name do you gen 750 years of history ? 50 is plenty. ^^

Anyway, hugo, you were dead wrong, I had to add a milk-material-template to creature:animal_common. ;) But no way you could have known this.

The error logs are insubstencial, they dont cause the crash. Did you turn: Weak Traps OFF by any chance ? That would override the trap-overhaul I just did.

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile

I have been playing for the last 4 hours and honestly I am impressed. It is fast yet more complex I am going to try out some new features beyond the ones necessary to set up a fort. One problem is unexpected crashes that I have no idea the cause, the auto save is useful here. There are some bugs with room quality where the game does not recognize that the requirements for room quality have been met. Also hawk eggs are not harvested (I think).
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph, I'll keep an eye out for those things when the caravans start arriving to my volcano fortress. For now, here's an image of a Blessed Serra 200 year worldgen in the Legends Viewer to show how much more equal the race/population distribution is now. Great work as always (that's becoming a catchphrase for me in this thread!).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

captain proof

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile

For the life of me, I cannot find any ore when playing this mod. Even when the worldgen features frequent veins.Am I doing something wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 749