Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834505 times)

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grazing is easy, just open up creature_domestic and remove the [GRAZER:6000] tag under every poultry-type animal.

Thank you dear sir. You have just single handedly solved my fortress egg industry problem 8)
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I can upload a newer version of the mod later today, sure. But even if I handpick and upload only the changes I made to fix things, you would need to gen a new world. Not many things can be done with the need to re-gen, mostly reaction is think.

I am currently juggling with ideas about the spells/interactions and similar things. I quickly made those:

But I guess for the time being I just add necromancers and warrior priests to the temple. With a very, very dangerous reaction to produce them. They also have a pop-ratio of 1, so if you are really lucky they turn up with migrants.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A new release today would be great, I just lost a fortress to some sort of corruption (it crashes whenever I try to save past a certain point, autosave or manual). Hopefully a new world will work fine, but I'd rather just wait 'til the next version before I start again.
The warrior priests sound excellent, but could you clarify the details of the "very, very dangerous reaction"?

edit: Oh, and I'd just like to say that I love your building designs - the Archaeologist and Timberyard look especially brilliant, as do the new designs.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:08:54 pm by Flobulon »

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can upload a newer version of the mod later today, sure. But even if I handpick and upload only the changes I made to fix things, you would need to gen a new world. Not many things can be done with the need to re-gen, mostly reaction is think.

I am currently juggling with ideas about the spells/interactions and similar things. I quickly made those:

But I guess for the time being I just add necromancers and warrior priests to the temple. With a very, very dangerous reaction to produce them. They also have a pop-ratio of 1, so if you are really lucky they turn up with migrants.

Yeah the whole regen to add any entity gets a lot of stuff under that wing. Any reaction counts as an entity for that purpose. You can modify tags and such but even that sometimes has odd effects I've noticed. Pretty much what you generate is what you roll with, with maybe a few minor changes here and there.

I like those things you made there. You and I think somewhat similarly which is why I use this mod. I'd always before just built my own home grown thing and used it but I'm finding that I can use your mod and get the vast majority of what I'd have built myself with very few exceptions and those are mostly style not content as you have most of the content I'd add in some form or another.

So I'll just tinker around with worldgen to get terrain I like, that seed at least seems to work consistently, and wait for the update today before I grab a beer from the fridge and brave the terrifying rains and mists again.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Well, those new buildings wont be in. Interactions are a feature that uses the longest time to test and balance. I think even I will wait till other people have done something in that direction. It was just an idea, buildings are easy ;)

For the necromancer: You need a special "black bible" bought from drows (and right now for testing purposes also from dwarves) Then you get this:
   [PRODUCT:25:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:CRAZED_STONE]
   [PRODUCT:25:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BLOODBEAST_STONE]
   [PRODUCT:25:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BLOODBEAST2_STONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NECRO_STONE]

Necrostone makes the dwarv a necromancer. Bloodbeast transformes into a Bebilith, one of the custom demons in this mode, a giant giant cave spider. Bloodbeast2 transformes into a frost wraith, another custom demon. flier with frost breath. Crazed makes the dwarf go berserk. (Also makes him no_eat, no_drink, nostun, noexert and so forth) This means, in theory, that if you sent 4 dwarves to learn the secret of unlife, you have to fight 1 crazed dwarf, 2 demons, and get 1 necromancer.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So the milk/cheese/soap thing will need a re-gen, instead of just a few tweaks to the raws? Damn, looks like I need to start another fort.

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile

Has smelting changed more then I though because I cannot smelt even with coal and ores available.
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some specific metals you need the arc furnance. To build that you need some blocks, iron bars and an anvil i think. Didin't test that 100% yet as my world have very little iron so getting 3 bars may be quite difficult.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some specific metals you need the arc furnance. To build that you need some blocks, iron bars and an anvil i think. Didin't test that 100% yet as my world have very little iron so getting 3 bars may be quite difficult.

Lot of times its easier to buy iron goods from traders and melt them down. Least initially to help get everything up and running.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lot of times its easier to buy iron goods from traders and melt them down. Least initially to help get everything up and running.

That's my problem. Traders (human and elves) had none iron goods or iron whatever so far. But i could choose iron on my embark so i believe there's iron availible in the world. I hope dwarf caravan will bring me some.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Really, if you cant find natural iron, you could:
Grow Ironbark Trees.
Use Cobaltite instead.
Transmute Gold to Iron in the Alchemist.
Pray for hard metals.
Make lamellar leather.
Order iron bars/iron ore.
Kill orcs/goblins and melt the gear down.

Of course, if you only need iron to make steel, it will be a bit more difficult.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry to bug you Meph, but is there going to be a release today then? It's obviously completely fine if there isn't, I just want to check before I gen a new world :)

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually need iron to build an arc furnace.

Anyway - found a bug. Common hair thread can not be weaved into cloth in a loom. Silk and plant works fine.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, I am just uploading. For the third time, since the internet is horrible here ^^

Dont know if that is the cleverest idea, since the 1.4 has not many new features, but you guys asked me to upload it, so why not. And I will never understand people who say: Oh, I must abandon my fortress then, because the cheese is called skin. So what, it is just the name, cheese works fine. If 3 features dont work, among 100 features the mod adds, then you still have tons of new stuff, in comparison to Vanilla DF.

EDIT:There you go

################################
####   PATCH 1.4   #############
################################

NEW FEATURES
Added oil and soap to Pig Tails. (because I use 3 reactions with oil now, and had no underground plants for it)
Added the "just embark.exe" Open DF, run "just embark", embark everywhere you want. Just 8kb big :) 
Added the "hotkey.exe" More hotkeys for trading, scrolling and building. Freeform walls, just using arrowkeys, yeah.
Added custom toys, instruments, helms, pants, shields, armor, weapons and ammo to all civs. Not much changes in terms of balancing, just to improve flavor/atmosphere. The actual amount of items stays the same.
Added another 30+ engravings
Added a reaction to make water out of booze to the kitchen
Removed fill_bucket reaction from fountain, was too cheaty/easy
Added necromancer reaction to temple. Beware, might backfire.

New friendly evil race
Added drows as a new evil race. Active in winter.
Drows sell darklight iron (needs testing), razor bows, and evil pets.
Gave drows evil plants for drinks. Lets see if it works.

Major Trap Overhaul
New building: Engineer's Workshop, builds and upgrades traps.
All trap components have 2 upgrades now.
Added the dart thrower, a ranged weapon trap comp that can shoot darts/poisoned darts.
Added the runic ward, a ranged weapon trap comp that can shoot runes/spells, with special effects.
Has 4 kinds of ammo: Sleep, Rage, Slow and Transform

Fixes and Balancing
Fixed bonemeal making
Removed grazing from birds, they kill themselves otherwise
Lowered the number of eggs by 50% (again) for all domestic birds.
Fixed farmable wood types. They can now be used in the timberyard as well.
Added a new worlggen setting: BEGINNER. Makes it as easy as possible for new players.
Max embark points. Few titans. No bottom layer. No evil things, vamps, necromancers, nightcreatures...
Changed the titannumber for all worldgens from 200 to 100. Should help civs to survive.
Raised total civ number in all custom worldgen to 30.
Fixed milk name. Got switched with skin when I made the stockable generic animal mats.
Added a maxage for elves/golbins and Wanderer and Pantheon to all entities. Even FD races.
This way there should be more necromancers, elven, goblin, kobold, and so forth.
Made all flore/fauna flours aviable to make bread.

Readme for the new hotkeys. Click on: Run Hotkey.exe in the GUI.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:15:31 pm by Meph »

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dont know if that is the cleverest idea, since the 1.4 has not many new features, but you guys asked me to upload it, so why not. And I will never understand people who say: Oh, I must abandon my fortress then, because the cheese is called skin. So what, it is just the name, cheese works fine. If 3 features dont work, among 100 features the mod adds, then you still have tons of new stuff, in comparison to Vanilla DF.

You seem to be mistaking us for normal people.  :P  Really though the common skin thing is pretty creepy.  Version 1.4 will be just in time, I've got a crash I can't get past.  It's time for the elven caravan to come and I'm guessing it was a bad idea when I asked them to bring me the Forgotten Beasts they were offering me.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 749