Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834507 times)

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had similar crashes but typically early in the generation (year 40 or so). I'd exit DF, restart it and it'd run to 650 which is my normal world gen for large just fine. It is hitting something but I'm not convinced it isn't a DF bug as I can get DF to do that too once in a while if I've genned/regenned world a number of times.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im redownloading a fresh 1.3 and Ill put it in its own folder. last time I over wrote my 1.2 game and i wonder if that caused issues. Ill gen a few standard worlds, like Gaia and see if they crash too. Then Ill make the few world gen changes I made and see if I can reproduce the bugs again.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@xaldin: Thanks, is fixed.

@sammyliimex: So the worldgen crashes at 15, and you play fortress mode from year 13-15 on the same worldgen, to reach the same crash. This means that it must be something a historical figure is doing in the world, not anything on your embark, right ?

EDIT: If you overwrote the 1.2 with the 1.3 then you should not be surprised to see the weirdest stuff. I am surprised that it even runs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@xaldin: Thanks, is fixed.

@sammyliimex: So the worldgen crashes at 15, and you play fortress mode from year 13-15 on the same worldgen, to reach the same crash. This means that it must be something a historical figure is doing in the world, not anything on your embark, right ?

EDIT: If you overwrote the 1.2 with the 1.3 then you should not be surprised to see the weirdest stuff. I am surprised that it even runs.

:(

I figured it would just replace all the files. Anyway, a fresh 1.3 is working fine

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've not read to see if any of these have been addressed yet.

Not all flours have bread reaction.
Are bricks supposed to be made from (2) blocks and create (4) boulders?  Seems like that might be backwards to me.
Can we haz white [7:7:1] bricks please.
Not all stones are shown in stone stocks menu for disabling (playing with simplified minerals).
It appears cheese is called "Common Skin".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@sammy: Glad to hear that, you had me worried for a second there ;)

@miama bryce: Nice report.
Not all flours have bread reactions. => Fixed, i only made the 3 standart flours. Made the 30 odd flours in the flora/fauna-mod bread-compatible as well.

Are bricks supposed to be made from (2) blocks and create (4) boulders?  Seems like that might be backwards to me. => yes. If I make boulders out of boulders the reaction would accept the just produced bricks for the next reaction. Thats why I have blocks instead.
Can we haz white [7:7:1] bricks please. => Sure, why not. Is added.
Not all stones are shown in stone stocks menu for disabling (playing with simplified minerals). => that is a 34.2 issue, only stones used in reactions are shown. Might fix it for the next version, just have to do a fake reaction using all stones.
It appears cheese is called "Common Skin". => known and fixed.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't suppose we can get a bugfix 'patch' download that has all this in it?  About to have to regen a world so trying to get it as bug free as possible before I do that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Well, here is my changelog for now:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a working necromancer and a working "holy warrior" running around, but they are unbalanced and I did not make a reaction to create them yet. But ask again in 1 hour, and they should be good.

Is there an interest for a new upload, so shortly after the last ?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's me again, with the mining and logging carts.

I succeeded to wake it kind of work, but only if I have only one unloading station, else it will dispatch orders between the unloading stations, resulting in an less efficient system.

Is there any way to at least tell an unloading station to only accept stones, or wood?

If not, then the usage of it is way less than anticipated, meaning you can only gather resource to one single point.

For the record, what I was trying to do is to take my wood from my outside stockpile to my newly dug underground one, and at the same time to send the stones required for my construction above ground that should have started soon.
I ended up with wood and stone in both places, and had to use my masons as haulers like I would normally.

Possible ways to handle this:
1. make specific workshops, not that good as it is starting to be a long menu, but why not?

2. cancel the auto unload

3. have a way to tell where to unload, not sure if it is possible
What this means is you would select an unloading station upon selecting the "loading" order, a little like when linking levers, or a semi permanent destination like the "take from" in stockpiles.
Again, I am not sure if it is actually possible, but it would greatly help in transporting materials to the construction sites and stockpiles.

An other point, not tested, but I know some of us use large amount of glass for projects, and blocks in general, it could be good to have a "block cart" maybe?

if I misused the functionality or missed something, feel free to tell me.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's why I'm saying a bugfix pack with just the changed files may make things a bit easier for download/setup etc.  Those that have started a fort and want to keep on can keep going, those who are about to start a fort can get the fixes in.  Core problem is that so many things require a full regen of the world. I'd hate to get a RL week into my fort and find that I can't make flour or have problems with milk or have all my birds die off cause of grazing.

Overall though rapid updates/releases aren't really a big deal. Leave a link to the prior version and let people choose what they want. Works for your setup program why not downloads :)

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tested, soap and cheese have proper names again, sry for that.

Could you please tell me what exactly I need to change to fix milk, cheese and soap, so I don't have to restart my fort?

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's why I'm saying a bugfix pack with just the changed files may make things a bit easier for download/setup etc. 
Tested, soap and cheese have proper names again, sry for that.

Could you please tell me what exactly I need to change to fix milk, cheese and soap, so I don't have to restart my fort?
This and that.

I would love to be able to fix a few things which could be fixed without restarting a fort. Things like grazing, flour, oil etc.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grazing is easy, just open up creature_domestic and remove the [GRAZER:6000] tag under every poultry-type animal.

aantn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For OS X users:

Sorry, I should have written a quick readme to point out that you launch the game via the df script, like the OS X version of vanilla.  This is the "default" Masterwork settings.  I started looking tonight at the best way to get the Masterwork version of Therapist up and running.  I sent Meph a PM for some info on the settings GUI so that I can work on building an OS X settings app.

Are people interested in having just a MasterworkDF.app that they can run?  What I'm thinking is it will launch the settings/utilities GUI, and you could use the play button from there to launch the actual game.
Yes. From experience, Qt is the best choice if you want a unified crossplatform app.

aantn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use the mechanics skill, but the trapper, renamed to "Engineer" or something is way better. Nice idea.
Call it an Igor :)
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 749