Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834446 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stonefall traps behave as they always have in the game, as just a cheap trap that is only effective if you use a lot of them. Thats basicly how they were intended to function and making them any powerful really risks over powering them. Also if they can only be made more effective by making stone heavier then that would have implications for other things in the game unrelated to stone traps.

Or another way to buff them is to make the trap contain more than one stone, up to the point where they are actually effective, which is a better potential solution, if any is to be implemented, as it would not affect other parts of the game.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"trap engineering workshop" sounds good to me. why not just add the capability to the mechanic's workshop, though? i have to say - adding tons and tons of workshops doesn't seem like the way to go. it starts to get insanely complex. do you have a target number for how many workshops you'd like to have in the mod? we should have a sense of how many workshops would just be too much - imho we're already approaching that point.

and as for an evil race... i'd say the drow =) everybody knows who they are, we already have elves, it makes sense for dwarves to have communications with them, etc!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Multiple stones in a stone trap cant be done. And dont worry, I wont make heavier stones. If you want better stonefalltraps, use slade. (If you embark on a volcano, that is actually a good idea, since you can build a factory from the very start)

Just found another, if ridiculos solution: Make a stone weapon. Not a weapon out of stone, but just make a blunt weapon called "stone" as in: Bashing someones head in with a stone. Then you can load up weapon traps with up to 10 stones, doing blunt damage. Stupid, really, but the only thing I can think of. And of couse this does not really affect stone-fall-traps at all. Again, I wont do this, I have rams as low-grade blunt weapontraps already.

@sayke: Engineer's Workshop it is right now. And I cant add it to the Mechanic, otherwise I would have done so. Most players seem to disable one workshop or the other, so if you dont want to have so many, cut them down to a number you like.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"only metal", "wood or metal".

That's nice and all, but does it mean the stone/glass/gems (not sure for gems, but if you can make weapons...) won't exist anymore?

I really like the stone ones for an early trap system, switching to glass when I hit lava, then metals when I had enough weapons, armours and experience to make trap components of high quality.

As for the job, why not use trapper?
I mean, this job is useless, and even if originally planned to trap animals, it's still traps we are talking about, right?

You should also make the cage traps require more work, not lower their efficiency, but make them use more material, maybe more work in putting the cages in place, or something among those lines.
But please, don't remove them or make them useless, I really love to be able to capture some of my enemies to expose them and make them target practice.
Plus, there is still the chance the caged enemy escapes upon throwing it in the pit, so just making those traps more expensive sounds great to me.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I use the mechanics skill, but the trapper, renamed to "Engineer" or something is way better. Nice idea.

I cant mod cage traps, so no worry.

And when I wrote metal, I forgot the glass/stone/gem materials. Any hard material will do.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Meph : on the evil civ, i think lovecraftian thralls is the way to go.

Code: [Select]
A corrupt human, twisted into an abomination of tentacles and ichor by the forces of the deep ones.

An elf cultist, a creature of boundless sadism and insanity, broken by the very gods they worshipped.

A dwarf thrall, a creature turned into the tool of the elder gods through arcane rituals.
Its mind burned out only to be replaced by the will of a malevolent intelligence.
It menaces with spikes of ... wait, how the hell do those even fit there?!

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another fantastic update. Would love to see an evil civ that is friendly, as well as that trap upgrade system.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

For the slaves I thought of: Thralls.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You could buy the lobotomized version ( a pet that cant do labor) and then buy something from the evil civ (brains in jars, hehe) to transform them into a more usefull version. Fighter, Worker, Surgeon (med skills) Omg, I think I just figured out what causes some transformed creatures to perfrom labors, and others dont. They need an entity file with the "permitted_labor" tokens. I would have to make a civ for them, but make sure they die out (bonecarn, like the vanilla kobolds, or no starting site) and then I have my slaves. Yeah.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds great, I can't wait to make elves cut trees, or other things like this.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Cynsye

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf²
    • View Profile

Don't know if this is an issue with DF itself, but I think this dwarf is way too dedicated:

Working away when his heart isn't working. (He hit one... well two of the "Deadly Trap" blocks in a Collapsed Wall vein.)

Nice mod, can see this one entertaining me for quite some time. Still being at 150FPS at 150 dwarves is something I have not seen before! :D
WARNING!: Following links on the Internet can be harmful to your sanity.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Still being at 150FPS at 150 dwarves is something I have not seen before! :D

This should go to the front page ^^

Anyway, I think a reaction to "enslave" captured sentient beings would be possible, according to the !science! I just did. Dont know if they will be hostile/docile, since this needs more testing. But yeah, in theory it would work.

But I dont know if I should do it, since this would make Fortress mode way, way too easy. If every member of a siege can be made a citizen (more or less) then you never run out of dwarves. I rather do a dedicated slave race that can only do labor and has to be bought. But lets do some testing, maybe I can add negative effects to "enslaving". Member becoming "crazed" randomly, are too small to equip anything dwarves make, and so on. But Goblins would be overpowered, with no_eat, no_drink and no_age. Just put one in a sealed room, and you fortress will live for ever.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Taming the attackers' mounts would be a nice option to have, but enslaving the siegers themselves... a bit over the top.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and as for an evil race... i'd say the drow =) everybody knows who they are, we already have elves, it makes sense for dwarves to have communications with them, etc!

I really think this is the way to go. Who hasn't heard of DnD and the Drow? There's already a guy working on a drow mod any way so you could borrow a lot of the raws from him (if he allows you to) which would give you time to work on the slave race or other more important things. He has them as playable through which you might not want to do. I also don't know how far along he is but you can at least embark as the Drow already so I think he has them more or less worked out. I don't think we should be able to capture seigers as slaves for now because i don't think the game is ready to support a proper rebelion mechanism. The only way i could think of it working is if they had to be constantly in the prescence of their master or a guard, otherwise they would rebel, but I don't think DF could support that.

EDIT: if you decide to go with the drow here is download for drow mod http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2176. a lot of things in there besides drow
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:08:37 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

vikmgn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello everyone, this mode is great, however I experienced one problem during playing it. When megabeast has arrived after continuing the game my game crashes after 3-4 seconds. Do somebody know what may caused the problem?
Here is a screenshots of this megabeast

Thanks for your attention.

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This might just be me, but the bonemeal grinding at the kitchen seems broke.

edit ; removing [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:GRIND_MAT] seems to fix it...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:39:03 pm by Dynastia »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 749