Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834349 times)

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #1200 on: February 22, 2012, 11:01:22 pm »

I've got a Stoneworker/Miner that survived 3 Deadly traps and is still ticking, though blinking red and a bit slower than before.  I need a name for this badass.  Any suggestions?

EDIT: Also finally found some Unsettling fossils.  The goodies in them aren't landing in stockpiles either.  Also, is there a way to stop autohauling of eggs?  That's annoying to have to try to catch them AS they lay to get hatchlings.

EDIT2: I can't find out how to stockpile bonemeal either.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:15:40 pm by jayseesee »
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 22, 2012, 11:10:45 pm »

Just disable eggs in your food stockpiles

drivec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 22, 2012, 11:12:10 pm »

is there anyway to turn off the new stone types such as liveing stone and cavefungus wall.

I really like the bug fixes of this mod but dont really wanna play with anything extra is that possible?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 22, 2012, 11:53:47 pm »

EDIT:
For landmines make a small pet like creature that breeds, and have a reaction to add explosives/poisons and a case to make it a landmine. This will give it an excuse for being able to move on its own.

Like Shell-less turtle, or cave hermit crab. You make the landmine case look like a nice shell, cave hermit crab moves in and carries this bomb around with it.

that would be nice. adds a great backstory for the landmines too.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 22, 2012, 11:59:10 pm »

Another issue I've had, I'm not sure if this is with your mod or DF in general. It seems to work sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't. Trying to dump wood, my dwarves wont do it until I put down a wood stockpile, then immediately they will take the wood to the stockpile and then the dump zone. Some wood will get left over on the stockpile but if I assign them to dump it after, it will be dumped.

I can't seem to get seeds to store in their own stockpile either, not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I just create a food stockpile, go into the settings and disable everything except the seeds category.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:12:43 am by Seraphyx »

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 23, 2012, 01:46:27 am »

Is there any way to get DF hack (specifically, the auto-dig tool) to work with your wonderful mod?

All I miss is being able to auto-mine veins

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 23, 2012, 02:36:48 am »

:D , those war elephants from Fortress Defense are pushovers. I was looking forward to see the fight between 10 of them and my dragon, but in the entrance hallway they were distracted by a crippled and burned Dwarf Unholy Gloom Thrall who spurted boiling blood by every artery. It made the first elephant champion vomit by scratching its foot, and eventually singlehandedly made them all flee.

you have to remove his woodcutting labor, not really any other way. even then it bugs out often.

dont mix miners/woodcutters with military, those jobs use an invisible uniform.
Really, don't mix miners? Some people were advising to put miners in a squad because they fight using their picks and mining skills.

so yes, military dwarfs are stupid.
however why didnt your actual military have their weapons and armor on? just let them wear equipment off duty and it fixes alot of problems.
My military wasn't ready, I only had drafted miners and my woodcutter.

DF has so much cool stuff, I really wanted to come back to it for this version, but doing anything requires learning convoluted workarounds. Kinda kills the fun for me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:39:27 am by isitanos »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 23, 2012, 02:52:48 am »

when they say draft miners, they dont mean your standard miners. they mean use mining to train your military to be legendary miners, than give them picks and point at goblins.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 23, 2012, 05:05:15 am »

I managed to get a save before a crash. I can't seem to play using Masterwork on any size world for more than maybe 2 or so years unfortunately. Here's the download link to my world/save: http://www.mediafire.com/?sf44518p9w8vd9z

The game seems to crash after a minute or two, I managed to save the game a little before the crash. This is exactly what I did several times and it crashed every single time:

-Went to top layer in main base and put all the stray animals in the pasture (layer 129)
-Set all available tables and chairs down in the dining room (layer 119)
-Created Leatherworks, Clothier's Shop, Carpenter's Shop, Tanner's Shop, Kitchen (layer 128)
-Claim the stones on the second level (layer 128)
-Let the game run for a minute or two, try to save, instant crash.

The first time it crashed I didn't try to save, it did it automatically, but now it crashes when I try to save and will probably crash eventually on its own.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 23, 2012, 07:04:07 am »

I just saw that DFHack was updated for 34.2, so I have a question for anyone having any idea for this:
Is it possible to add at least StoneSense to the list of utilities?
Knowing that it comes with no exe but a command line, unlike the previous version I was using, I have no clue on how to set this up, so any tip would be great.

I have no doubt that I must not be the only windows user here not being too familiar with command lines, and I don't want to screw everything with a .bat that would do it wrong.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 23, 2012, 07:04:27 am »

About Golems: Right now the metal cast isn't consumed when you imbue the golem which means you pay the metal cost once for infinite golems. Someone also mentioned warpstone maybe containing super valuable gems, how about warpstone being a reagent in creating a golem? Making them rare and maybe allowing you to include stronger golems than iron. Different kinds of warpstone could be included for different kinds of golems depending on the strength of their material.

LFR has a similar system to the tech tree's and it works really well for tiering your progression.

Gontro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 23, 2012, 08:39:30 am »

Hi Meph,

First off.. loving this mod, it does everything I could want with DF and is absolutely awesome!  ;D

I thought I would share a embark I regularly use using Blessed Serra (Plains - Good Biomes) that I think is superb.

Its a 2x2 embark that features surface magma, a flat embark site, flux (marble) and large quantities of adamantine!

I generally tweak the world gen settings (though this also appears with the standard settings).

World Gen Tweaks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Embark:

Start Area:

Prospect:

Adamantine:

If its not too much to ask, could you put this somewhere in the initial post or in the manual so new players (or people new to the mod) can use it?  I've seen a lot of requests for this type of embark point (which your world gen naturally provides :D).

Also on a unrelated note, I just ran DFHack 'reveal' on the last game I played on this embark and found something rather unusual in the caverns...

It might just be me but I think there *might* be too many webs down there :P (this appears in the first 2 caverns), just thought I'd let you know in case this wasn't intended.

Cheers!

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 23, 2012, 09:20:58 am »

Just so you know, even with the same seeds, the rivers and some other stuff don't always stay in the same spot, or else I have problems with my game.
Every world generated with the exact same configuration file are slightly different, and in none of my 5 attempts to find your spot did I find a similar spot.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1213 on: February 23, 2012, 09:31:45 am »

Hey, here is a list of finished changes for 1.3 I am unsure how much else I should do, I of course have a unlimited supply in my big to do list, but have a look:

################################
####   PATCH 1.3   #############
################################

FEATURES

RUNIC WEAPON UPGRADES
Raised chance for epic weapon while upgrading from 2% to 5%
Added between 4 and 8 new attacks to each weapon
Added 2 special attacks to runic weapons
All upgraded weapons are now called: "runic" "material" "weapon name"
Added the ability to make runes to the weaponry
All weapon upgrades require a rune to work.
Made 10 more weapons:
Runic upgrades for the five 2-handed weapons
Epic upgrades for the five 2-handed weapons
All weapons need a specific number of runes, a great axe needs more then a dagger for example.
Tested everything so far, in Arena and fortress mode, works. Might need balancing though.
Runes are made of either silver or gold thread. This adds a refining step and the need for precious metals as well. Metal thread can be made in the craftsdwarf.

RUSTY IRON
Added rusty iron, a worse version of iron.
Made a reaction to remove rust from rusty iron, giving normal iron
Removed miner/furnace operator from orcs/goblins and gave them a reaction to produce rusty iron. Lets see if it worked.

MORE GOLEMS
Added 6 new golem casts to the golem forge. Copper, Gold, Steel, Mithril, Titanium and Adamantine
Raised the needed materials for a golem cast to 10 bars of the fitting metal.
A NOTE: You will only ever need one cast for each material. (till I figure out how to do this without boiling stones)

KOBOLD LOOT
Added a custom itemcorpse to kobolds: bag of loot.
This bag can be opened in the creature research lab, and contains a wild mix of metal bars.

GUILDHALL
Dwarves can join a guild (caste) now.
Smiths, Crafters, Legion or Highborns.
They get higher skill learn rates.
You need to buy a letter of recommendation/permit for this first.
You will only need one letter for each guild (till I figure out how to do this without boiling stones)

SPEEDY DRINKS
All royal drinks give a 25% speedboost for half a season now.

CREATURE ARMORY
Added Creature Armory, that can pets with armor.
Added pet armor cast, needs 10 steel bars.
You can euip: Dogs, Mastiffs, Horses, Raptors, Grizzlies and Elephants with steel armor.
They also get a slight fighting bonus, harder claws/teeth out of this.
You will only ever need one armor cast (till I figure out how to do this without boiling stones)

TREE OVERHAUL:
All bark removing from wood now creates a seed (normal wood:90%, rest 100% + 20/10% chance for additional seed)
A generic "tree", fundiwood, nethercap, steeloak and ironbark are now farmable. You can grow them in farmplots.
Seeds can be bought at embark for those, or from cut down trees, in the timberyard. (now nethercap, too deep)
Trees need a long time to grow though, especially ironbark and steeloak.
Trees/Fungi/Nether: 2 Seasons, Ironbark 3 Seasons, Steeloak 4 Seasons.
Use fertilizer.
The grown trees need to be cut in the timberyard, yielding logs (100% chance) and seeds (80% chance)
You can now grow your own wood, funiwood for food/booze, nethercap for fireproof hides, ironbark for iron grade metal and steeloak for steelgrade metal.
I decided to only do this one generic tree for normal wood, because I did not want to clog up the farm-plot selection with a list of ALL possible trees. They all yield the same generic wood anyway.
The seeds are called:
tree seed, fungiwood spawn, nether-cap spore, ironbark corn and steeloak acorn.

FIXES/BALANCING
Fixed the unintentional removal of the Armory/Magma Armory
Fixed stockpiling for horn, hoof, ivory, bone and leather items. All standard generic items have the "common" adjetive now, as in: Common bone earring.
Fixed rocktip rocktip and gemtip gemtip arrows. Are now called: blunt rocktip arrows and sharp gemtip arrows.
Golems shouldnt flee anymore
Fixed stockpiling of gem weapons and armor.
Fixed bullet making. Bullets are used and stockpiled correctly as well.
Fixed leather upgrades (got horribly broken when I changed the leather system, from inorganic to animalmats, for stockpiling)
Added dragonfire breath back to all creatures that should have it (got accidently replaces by normal firebreath while updating for 34.1)
Added the new nobles tags (special burial, skill choice for hammerer)
Made landmines easier to kill
Made all new creatures ubiquitious and raised the population number, to avoid extinction
Lowered the population number of webbing creatures, maybe this leads to less webs in caverns.
Cleaned up the embark screen, only ONE item remains, frozen muck root oil under powder
Cleaned up stone stocks screen, ALL items are good. :)
Buffed up humans a bit, to help them survive world gen.
Fixed the spellings (adj and verbs) for the new material emissions
Made hauler caste a bit slower.
Made castes (especially savants/natural skilled ones) a LOT rarer.
Fixed the error log that showed up when Fossils are OFF
Fixed the error log that showed up when Simple Pets is OFF
Fixed the Harder Smithing to suit the new DF.exe. Now works properly again.

GUI Changes
Removed Golem Tradegood button.
Note: All two handed weapons need 5 bars, no matter that settings. This is intentional.
Added a low grazing amount (2x2 pasture for each animal) to each domestic animal for the: Harder Farming Button
Added button for Golemforge
Added button for Creature Armory
Added button for Guildhall
All three features are rather experimental and noted as such in the manual
Added button for optional corpse removal
Added button for harder learning, 50% skill learn rates for all dwarves.

Updated manual.

You guys think thats ok ? Or should I do more before the next release ? Just checked, DFhack with stonesense and Therapist are up-to-date, so I will include them as well.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:56:53 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1214 on: February 23, 2012, 09:37:01 am »

EDIT:
For landmines make a small pet like creature that breeds, and have a reaction to add explosives/poisons and a case to make it a landmine. This will give it an excuse for being able to move on its own.

Like Shell-less turtle, or cave hermit crab. You make the landmine case look like a nice shell, cave hermit crab moves in and carries this bomb around with it.

that would be nice. adds a great backstory for the landmines too.
If Meph is up for this, I could probally make the new "Landmine Crab" (not the crab itself) because right now landmines are completely mechanical, Maybe each mine should drop a deathstone of their choosen type. That way if the mine fails to use it's "attack" being killed will yield the same result (of course if it attacks and kills itself double the explosive !!FUN!!)

Also with the reaction to get the crab into the mine makes sense if it fails, because maybe the crab refuses to ditch it's own shell. So you have to try again to coax it into the mine case again.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 749