Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834243 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #1080 on: February 21, 2012, 10:57:36 am »

Hey Meph I don't know if its your mod or Dwarf Therapist being bugy but when my first migrant wave appeared Dwarf therapist classified the 7 new guys as coming from the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th migrant waves... and said that my starting seven were part of the 6th wave of migrants... of course that is incorrect. Its proabley just some issue with the new version of dwarf fortress however.
Edit: I downloaded new version of dwarf therapist, was not your mod, sorry, ignore what I said above. I'm sure you are aware however, that the version of dwarf therapist in your current download is outdated.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:05:34 am by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 21, 2012, 10:59:15 am »

Considering I've played this game since 2006, I think I'm pretty familiar with how the raws work.

But if you say ascii doesn't work... (why?!), then I guess I can't use it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1082 on: February 21, 2012, 11:06:49 am »

Ascii does not work, since I have to manually change every tilesetting in every raw for this. I wait on admiralawesomes python script, to do it for me. He had a working test version for 31.25 and was working on it, for 34.2. I eventually will do ascii/ironhand/mayday, but I am content with waiting for the program. As soon as I ahve the 4 graphical versions, I will have to mod 4 times as many raws whenever I change something. Not looking forward to it ;)

The settings exe works here, and for everyone else, so I really dont know what could be wrong on your machine. I didnt mean to sound condescending, it just sounds like a human error on your side, because the code behind it is very simple and has not really any room for bugs. It just removed brackets from raws, so DF does not recognize them anymore. You run Windows and did not change the folder structure ? Thats the only thing I can think of.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 21, 2012, 11:10:07 am »

It doesn't matter anyway. I don't really want to play with a tileset so whether or not the settings.exe works on my particular machine shouldn't be a problem for now.

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 21, 2012, 11:18:52 am »

@rohit: I know the issue and fixed it. The golem cast will stay, you only ever need one. I made 7 different types for the next version already, for different mats.

Oh huh, why did I make 30 of the damn things then? >_>

*whistles* Oh come here haulers i have something to show you. >:)

and thanks for making the fortresschunk of the game much much better :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1085 on: February 21, 2012, 11:26:13 am »

@all: FOR VERSION 1.3

I think I will stay with the features I have for now (kobold loot, runic weapons, farm-trees, more golems, guilds) I might add wanderers friend, or deons adventuremode reactions and make some minor changes to allow it to work porperly. Shouldnt be too hard ;)

I will mostly work on bugfixing/balancing, flavor (proper values and colors, some name changes)

Longer reaction names with more info (since truetypes allows a lot more space)

Add optional invader corpses (for reanimation purposes)

Wait for my little challenge to show results, and fix everything that shows up. I will also have to check all the new interactions and give them porper wording. I only copied the "spray jet" from the default interactions and added the proper mats and did not add new wording for attacks.

If the tilesetchanging script will be finished till then, more tilesets as well. But dont take my word for it. I am sorry that I am rather reluctant, but it is rather tedious. I might also stay a few days (5?) on a sailing boat, starting in a few days from now.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ZaZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:41 am »

Ok so my dwarves are set to save corpses and gather bodies and i do have a stockpile for corpses so any other ideas? I can upload my save if you like
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:34:06 am by ZaZ »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1087 on: February 21, 2012, 11:37:11 am »

Are the corpses forbidden ? press d-b-c and check :)

ZaZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 21, 2012, 11:40:53 am »

Are the corpses forbidden ? press d-b-c and check :)

They are not. I tried dumping them too the dwarves just won't touch them. Not outside of a assigned burrow or anything like that either and I'm not getting any error messages.

Here's one body (no the door isn't locked
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's his coffin:

And here's his ghost despite being buried:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:13:50 pm by ZaZ »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1089 on: February 21, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »

@zaz: In that case I cant really help you, but it is not from the mod, as I said: hardcoded.

@g-flex (sry, did overlook page 71 before): The reactions you show are from a rather old version. I think I have to update the first post here ^^ And obsidian can be made from magma and water in DF. My obsidian factory just makes it easier to control, you need a rock, water, magma for it. As in: Melt rock with magma, cool down molten rock with water, and you get obsidian. That it is not correct, I do know. I am more of a strategy mindset, less the simulation/realism type in this case.

@everything else on page 71:
Ranik: Gold is a weapons grade mat in this mod. Horrible, but decorative. It also needs no new reactions, only a change in the inorganic mats, so I will leave it in. I will trim down the custom ammo for bullets and javelins though, to save some space.
Unclecern: 1.3 will, as always, not be compatible, too many changes.
slay_mythos: Ok, glad that it is fixed.
smakemupagus: treefarming will be tested and balanced, currently it takes 1/2 year for them to grow, 1 year for the metal-trees.

Edit: Oh, and @aantn: I dont have to add the dirty words patch for the language, since I never added todays removal of them. Just had a testfortress called Ironsluts, so yeah, still in ;)

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 21, 2012, 12:03:40 pm »

I think all flask/waterskin/backpack doesn't get recognize in stockpiles now
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:19:51 pm by Feb »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 21, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »

Zaz - did the guy die and reanimated as a zombie before given a burial (and then slain as a zombie)? I had one guy who died and was assigned the grave but the corpse was not hauled inside. Later he reanimated as a zombie, his grave was removed, new grave was prepared, he was then slain, he was properly buried.

...then he reanimated and left the grave again but that's normal - evil resurecting biome.

I think the key may be to have the grave ready before the dwarf dies (or before he's struck down as a zombie).

To get rid of a ghost - make a slab, engrave that in craftdwarf's workshop and place it somewhere. Ghost will be gone. I too had a single ghost who appeared despite the corpse was properly buried in the sarcophagus. Slab placed next to it solved the problem and counts as a nice decoration too.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1092 on: February 21, 2012, 12:08:15 pm »

@feb and zaz: PLEASE, pack your images in a spoiler, or make them a bit smaller.

Nice find though, they are not even listed in the stockpile menu anymore. wow. did not even know how I could have removed them from there. I will check the entity file and so on. btw: Flasks ARE in the list, at the top part. Flasks/Vials and Watersins are also the same item, just the name is different, for hard mat and soft mats. So they should work.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:10:25 pm by Meph »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 21, 2012, 12:20:58 pm »

@Meph - Will a carefull raw editting fix the armourer, smithing (3 bars / item smithing), invader corpses in the 1.2 generated world and not screw it epically? I really like the embark and a few dwarves i have now so i'd love to have this world running.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 21, 2012, 12:21:27 pm »

I mean, the stockpile don't recognize them as stockpile-able items, I know they are listed
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 749