Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840306 times)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #10065 on: March 19, 2013, 03:16:23 pm »

It would be much further along if I could get this damn workflow crap working >:P  I didn't install it over top of the current files, I deleted all of them and its still borked.

I'm working with falconne right now to try and figure it out, should be fixed soon I hope..

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10066 on: March 19, 2013, 03:44:37 pm »

You dont have to do ANYTHING for workflow. Its included in r3. Just add the hotkeys to the init, thats it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ahrimans Library Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: March 19, 2013, 03:44:59 pm »

@Meph
Ahriman is a character from Warhammer 40k. He's looking for the Black Library, a repository of Knowledge on Chaos. So, library card. I are so clever.

Also, I feel as if things need to be a bit harder. I brought down a Roc after it flew in through a stairway, and slaughtered a Drow Ambush using traps. I have a stable food supply, safe and clean water sources, a booming population, and 75% of my people either Estatic or Extremely happy. My only moment of Kobold weakness with this camp was when my Lasher/captain was almost beaten to death with his own breastplate by a Goblin Man. Currently he's just executing prisoners in full Ironbone on a crutch.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: March 19, 2013, 04:29:58 pm »

@Meph
Ahriman is a character from Warhammer 40k. He's looking for the Black Library, a repository of Knowledge on Chaos. So, library card. I are so clever.

Also, I feel as if things need to be a bit harder. I brought down a Roc after it flew in through a stairway, and slaughtered a Drow Ambush using traps. I have a stable food supply, safe and clean water sources, a booming population, and 75% of my people either Estatic or Extremely happy. My only moment of Kobold weakness with this camp was when my Lasher/captain was almost beaten to death with his own breastplate by a Goblin Man. Currently he's just executing prisoners in full Ironbone on a crutch.

On that note of making it harder, is there a way to make an enemy not fear traps? AKA a wave of orcs, crashes into your Fort, they lose half their number (or more) on traps, but just keep coming, they don't care about their numbers. Maybe a berserker race that does this? Not sure if its even possible.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: March 19, 2013, 04:32:03 pm »

one of my miners is staring at a shifting ore 0_o and died and came back to life complaining he was attacked by the dead

update: really didnt expect to have FUN strike back from the stone at me lol
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:36:34 pm by SharpKris »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: March 19, 2013, 05:08:50 pm »

*the whiplashes are rethorical in nature and come in form of PMs from me.

okay I laughed at this

one of my miners is staring at a shifting ore 0_o and died and came back to life complaining he was attacked by the dead

update: really didnt expect to have FUN strike back from the stone at me lol

Man, with all these posts about this, I think harder mining should be off by default :V

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10071 on: March 19, 2013, 06:50:58 pm »

-snip- reposted this next page, we got sidetracked with plants for a bit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:51:30 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: March 19, 2013, 07:05:45 pm »

Hey meph, as I understand it any of the optional parts of the mod require a world gen to take effect, meaning new fortress right? Does that include harder farming?

I say that because I am utterly struggling with the new farming system, I can barely feed a fort of 50 and I am constantly forced to buy food and booze from the caravans, which involves immensely tedious amounts of selecting 5 meat at a time.

If there is no way to go back to the normal version of farming without a regen, is there any way to make it less painful, perhaps some estimated total plot sizes (in use per year) to feed a fort, or to go a reasonable way to feeding then?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: March 19, 2013, 07:13:02 pm »

If there is no way to go back to the normal version of farming without a regen, is there any way to make it less painful, perhaps some estimated total plot sizes (in use per year) to feed a fort, or to go a reasonable way to feeding then?

In vanilla you get, what, 4 crops per season?  Here you get 1 crop per year.  Estimate 16 times more plot size that what you would use in vanilla. (plus second order effect that your growers have less opportunities per year to level up by performing farming actions, I guess)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10074 on: March 19, 2013, 07:14:26 pm »

You cant change them in an already genned world...

Try trading (as you already mentioned), farming animals, hunting, killing sieges, fishing, milk/cheese, fish pond, mine living rock/cave fungi, collect plants, use fertilizer, or simply make bigger farmplots (about 8 times the size you have in vanilla).

Edit: To be more precise, since I say 8 times and smake said 16 times:
Growdur is 4000 in the mod. 300-600 in vanilla, depending on the plant.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:16:00 pm by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: March 19, 2013, 07:17:39 pm »

"To be more precise, I'm right and smake was wrong ;) "

OOh just noticed the armor stand fix!  That is kind of fun, I always liked armor stands and wished they could hold more than one shoe :D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:21:11 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10076 on: March 19, 2013, 07:25:55 pm »

Well, I would love to say that its easy being right when you are the person who wrote it, but then again you have corrected me often enough, when I claimed something to be right, when in reality I was wrong.

Itemsyndrome works now btw, Putnam just fixed it. Maybe I will release a new update tomorrow, with what I have atm, and give the people some time to playtest the new changes, before I delve into my to-do list. :)

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: March 19, 2013, 07:30:25 pm »

Damn, is there no way to edit the raws for my particular world and change their grow duration? What about changing brewing reactions or something? I'd really hate to abandon yet ANOTHER fort, but im really not finding it fun with harder farming on.

Its not that I am struggling to get food overall, its just really irritating having to micromanage goats and trading and what not. I suppose giant farm plots could work, but isn't there a cap on seeds at 200? That arbitrary cap really buggers things up.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: March 19, 2013, 07:32:32 pm »

Damn, is there no way to edit the raws for my particular world and change their grow duration? What about changing brewing reactions or something? I'd really hate to abandon yet ANOTHER fort, but im really not finding it fun with harder farming on.

data/save/(folder)/raw

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: March 19, 2013, 07:36:38 pm »

Yeah what im saying is, is that a legit thing to do? Will it work or break my save or just not work? I guess ill plough on ahead and try it anyway :P
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 749