Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840220 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #10005 on: March 18, 2013, 07:21:48 am »

So, how works the  armor rune thing? I ask out of pure curiosity.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10006 on: March 18, 2013, 07:43:44 am »

What do you mean? How you do it ingame? Or how the code behind it works?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: March 18, 2013, 07:54:01 am »

Yeah, the code.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10008 on: March 18, 2013, 07:56:58 am »

Its a mix between raws and c++ and two dfhack plugins.

Itemsyndrome and Spatter_Add and my own Raw modding, which improves a metal armor with an inorganic mat that carries a positive syndrome.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: March 18, 2013, 08:12:31 am »

Thanks, i didn't have seen putnam's work.

So much potencial....

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10010 on: March 18, 2013, 08:25:56 am »

Yep, you can do a lot. I am currently doing this:

YESARTIFICER[PERMITTED_BUILDING:ARTIFICER]
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_FLAMETHROWER]-
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_FLAMETHROWER_BLADED]-
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_CANNON]-
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_CANNON_BLADED]-
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_FIRECANNON]-
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_FIRECANNON_BLADED]-
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_CANNON_BALLS]-
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_STEAMRUNNER]- => bad armor, max agitility
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_STEAMGUARDIAN]- => good armor, max endurance
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:ARTIFICER_STEAMPOWER]- => medium armor, max strength

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: March 18, 2013, 08:51:51 am »

The runes sound awesome, but can their be (or is their already) a way to get them on civilians? mainly the steel rune on siege operators, that would be awesome. although the rune sound great regardless, and make for more specialized things, like hazmat suits when dealing with a FB if one is willing to micromanage, anti archer squads that can close the distance fast, and scuba gear, (question can you put the cobalt rune on volcanic gear?). Can't wait for the runes :).

also 2 questions,(I'm sorry if these have been answered before, my searching ability is rusty :(.)
what is a ward? my carpenter made one after being possessed in a bowyer work shop, and a hauler threw it in a weapons stockpile.
I don't know what it does, how good of a weapon it is, or well anything about it, help.

Q2. On harder mining is their a way to not have the spawn monster when mining? just the dust and warpstone? i want the harder challenge with out the underground monkey wrenches (i have more than enough of those) if you get my point
maybe a suggestion of separating the options hard mining with a harder mining maybe?
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
  • The last of the great mountain giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: March 18, 2013, 09:07:28 am »

I don't know if this is right or wrong. I have no idea what to do. If anyone can help me... please, please, deliver me from the horror.
One of my original 7, my BEST dwarf and the leader of my people, is a Carpist. At first I tried to drown him, but he was too smart. Then I enlisted the poor devil, but he destroyed all who opposed his blade. I removed all his armor and weapons and he proceeded to continue as a wrestler!

He is badly wounded now with both legs broken and his head open. He fought so valiantly and is of such a great caliber - like no one I have ever seen. I could not finish him off. I left him to rest in a makeshift hospital while I gathered my wits.
!Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My question is: Is there no way to convert him? To bring him to the light of Armok? Anything could be of help, please.
"What is a dwarf? A miserable pile of !FUN!?"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: March 18, 2013, 09:53:27 am »

also 2 questions,(I'm sorry if these have been answered before, my searching ability is rusty :(.)
what is a ward? my carpenter made one after being possessed in a bowyer work shop, and a hauler threw it in a weapons stockpile.
I don't know what it does, how good of a weapon it is, or well anything about it, help.

This really has been discussed a ton, just search "ward" in this thread.  It's a artifact that protects you form evil magic or disease ("secret FUN" setting)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10014 on: March 18, 2013, 09:57:03 am »

Oh, smake... no. ^^ An old, unused ranged weapon that uses spells as ammo, from pre-34. versions. Moody dwarves sometimes do create one, I guess I should just delete them.

@Bavette: If he transformed into a cultist he should be hostile? Why isnt he dead yet? And no, no chance to save him. Build a temple, ask armok for help, then fight for your life.

@ALL: Gnomes are in, gnomish artificer is in, 3 kinds of steampowered armors are done, and 3 special ranged weapons. I only have a problem assigning syndromes, will have to wait for feedback from Putnam for that.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:59:31 am by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: March 18, 2013, 10:02:53 am »

Oh, lol, sorry :D

oh, of course I should remember the weapon, that is the prototype that I learned how to make my Dreamwalker's spellcasting weapons from.  isn't that "wand" with an N though??
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:21:48 am by smakemupagus »

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: March 18, 2013, 10:27:37 am »

so the ward is utterly useless, okay ill just toss this in a display stand stand before it cause any problems.
thanks for the quick help.
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
  • The last of the great mountain giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: March 18, 2013, 11:01:47 am »

Thank you Meph. He did not transform yet. YET. The poor devil keeps giving me signs of his true allegiances, however. Sigh. I guess that's what happen when a truly remarkable fellow appears, I got my own Anakin Skywalker of the Dwarves right here.
"What is a dwarf? A miserable pile of !FUN!?"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10018 on: March 18, 2013, 11:15:31 am »

Eh? If he isnt transformed, he isnt a cultist... he just found clues about the cult being in the fort... he is fine. :)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: March 18, 2013, 11:16:37 am »

So, I am having an issue with my Kobold Camp, whereby I cannot create wooden ladles and cauldrons from the craftsbold workshop, despite that it has been discussed much, much earlier in this thread that it should be possible.

I cannot even queue up wooden ladles/cauldrons to be made in the manager screen.

I tried searching throughout the thread to see if it was brought up again, but I think the search function is broken, because I cannot get any hits within this thread (even though I know it's been discussed).

It's a good thing I got a very large yield from sending a thief to dwarves.

Edit: I'm having another strange bug where cloaks cannot be stockpiled.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:23:29 pm by Tally »
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 749