Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: My Dwarves Are Busy  (Read 2485 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Dwarves Are Busy
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:19:49 pm »

Oh god, the children..

How do I get rid of these horrible beasts? They take up over a fourth of my population!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: My Dwarves Are Busy
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 02:22:56 pm »

Oh god, the children..

How do I get rid of these horrible beasts? They take up over a fourth of my population!

Magma much?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:24:59 pm »

ha.

Try keep 60 of them alive untill adult hood and craft the perfect dwarves from scratch?
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 02:26:25 pm »

Eat them.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 02:41:02 pm »

1) Assign them all to a burrow under an atom smasher.  Pull the lever.

2) Draft all their parents into the military.  Watch the kids follow their parents into the danger room you built for them.  See how long they last.

3) Pit them with some wild animals.  Make book on survivors.

4) Burrow them outside and use them as Ambush alerts.

5) Burrow them on top of a retracting bridge with a 2-3 z-level drop below.  Use them to train your medical staff.

6) Burrow them all in a room together.  Lock the door.  Watch them starve/dehydrate to death and start to rot, making the others miserable before they, too, starve/dehydrate to death.

7) Burrow them in a room and lock them in.  Fill it with Magma.

In any of these cases, enjoy the !!FUN!! tantrum spiral that's bound to ensue as four dozen sets of parents throw tantrums, get melancholy or go berserk from the tragedy of having all their kids killed simultaneously.  (Especially since, as kids, all they do is socialize and tend to gather large numbers of friends.)
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 02:44:49 pm »

In any of these cases, enjoy the !!FUN!! tantrum spiral that's bound to ensue as four dozen sets of parents throw tantrums, get melancholy or go berserk from the tragedy of having all their kids killed simultaneously.  (Especially since, as kids, all they do is socialize and tend to gather large numbers of friends.)
That's an innaccurate figure, some parents have more than just a couple kids... Parents "John" and "Kate" have 8 kids. A single mom has 6 before her husband passed away in the military (only death of a soldier in the fort) and a miner + engraver couple have 4 kids.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 02:53:08 pm »

That's an innaccurate figure, some parents have more than just a couple kids... Parents "John" and "Kate" have 8 kids. A single mom has 6 before her husband passed away in the military (only death of a soldier in the fort) and a miner + engraver couple have 4 kids.

Hey don't pick on my math when I gave you eight solid ways of getting rid of those little spawn!
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »

...You weren't talking about the animals, were you?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 03:02:21 pm »

If I were you, I'd just put them in a large but safe area with their own bedrooms and a very large food and booze stockpile deep in the bowels of the earth safe from goblins. They'll mature eventually.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 03:15:42 pm »

I vote pit 'em with wild animals. The ones that survive become military captains.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 03:23:54 pm »

I vote pit 'em with wild animals. The ones that survive become military captains.

Child Care, Girlinhat style!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 03:49:26 pm »

Kill them off one by one to avoid tamper tantrums, or you know.

Girlinhat style!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 04:33:49 pm »

I danger room them as soon as they become children and train them, ready for military life standing guard at an open cavern shaft and stopping gribblies, and more often than not being syndromed to death.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 05:03:23 pm »

It's getting worse! :(

Also, apparently the game isn't respecting the population cap. I had 224 dwarves and a migrant wave of about 5 just came...

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 05:26:50 pm »

More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: [1] 2 3