Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Europa 1400 The Guild Gold  (Read 1756 times)

Mapmaker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Europa 1400 The Guild Gold
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:18:03 am »

Hello everybody,

My name is Mapmaker and I'm kinda a new member of this forum. I'm a `Europa 1400 The Guild Gold` , `DiRT 2` and `CS2D` player right now. Especially in `CS2D` I've been making maps since 2009. So, I hope I'll be accepted in this community as long as I'll stay and have fun! :)

Now, on-topic, I'm here to talk with you about this game, Europa 1400 The Guild Gold. Many of you didn't even hear about this game, but now you do. It's a middle-age simulation and strategy game with a very long storyline, great gameplay and decent graphics. The game has been finished in 2002-2003 (that means gold edition) and, at that time, was played. People don't usually try it because they might think it looks a bit old - well, they're right. It does look a bit old, in fact it really is, but that's not the main point. The main point is that, this game, deserves more players. I saw recently, more exactly in August, some posts of this forum about this game. I, personally, used to play this game for a very long time and still do, but I don't have friends or any other players who can play with me online. I am kinda sick of bots :D so, that's why I'm here. This is my mission, to promote this game again, without any profit. I like this game so much and since I don't have anything else to do, I'm trying to gather players on it.

I am telling you, like a friend, if you try it, don't say from the first play that "it sucks". Play it more, because in fact, gameplay makes a game more interesting. ;) You can buy it from Amazon.com or other sites, or just use ... let's say ... "unofficial sources" (you know what I mean.) ;) .

I'm trying to have a deal with somebody to get a forum dedicated for this game and gather all players there. Maybe it's gonna happen, maybe not, I don't know yet if he will approve with me. Anyway, if you wanna contact me, just PM me or use my e-mail adress from my profile so we can talk. By the way, my Skype name is AcornBulb.

P.S.: I don't know if this topic has been posted before, so sorry if it has.

Thank you everyone,
Mapmaker. :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:13:13 pm by Mapmaker »

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa 1400 The Guild Gold
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:47:56 am »

I'd play with you, I'm just so busy with Europa Barbarorum on my new laptop.

oh p.s. "It's frowned upon when new people come to advertise games" or something like that.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:49:43 am by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Mapmaker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:23 am »

I'd play with you, I'm just so busy with Europa Barbarorum on my new laptop.

oh p.s. "It's frowned upon when new people come to advertise games" or something like that.

Ok, sir. When you'll have time, let's give it a try on multiplayer. Some people said that they can't host a server. Lucky me, I can do it! :D

P.S.: Sorry, I just can't talk about this game without doing a bit of advertising. Sorry again.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 12:00:51 pm »

or just use ... let's say ... "unofficial sources" (you know what I mean.) ;)

Does this game contain enough hats to satisfy my gaming needs?
Jk, I've been thinking on getting it many times but I don't really buy games unless they are on steam, tiny developer's websites, and rarely the store. Call it what you want but it's how I buy games.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Mapmaker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 12:06:01 pm »

or just use ... let's say ... "unofficial sources" (you know what I mean.) ;)

Does this game contain enough hats to satisfy my gaming needs?
Jk, I've been thinking on getting it many times but I don't really buy games unless they are on steam, tiny developer's websites, and rarely the store. Call it what you want but it's how I buy games.

Well, I won't judge anybody by how he/she gets the games. However, I sent an e-mail to the company which bought the title - maybe they'll give it for free, I don't know. You can find the unreleased pack at www.nordicgames.at . Oh and by the way, one of my friends gave me a good source from where you can get it "free", if you understand. PM me and we shall talk, if you still want to get and play it with us. :)

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 12:26:00 pm »

I don't think anybody cares about him talking about a game he likes.  It's just when new people come and put up referral links to those free-to-play addict fests that are somehow considered "games."

I bought the Guild from GOG because I liked the concept, but I found the gameplay hideously simplified from
what I had expected.  Maybe you're right, Mapmaker, about how I should play it more, but I just couldn't stomach the way there are turns for seasons (or years? Can't remember...) nor the odd race-to-the-top like gameplay where all your opponents are neck in neck (and even all get married in the same turn because their renown had increased enough at that point...).  Just reminds me too much of a board game, not a merchant/economic simulator.

All that said, I only played a few turns before I uninstalled it.  Perhaps there is more to it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 01:30:40 pm »

Used to play this a bit back in the day, solo only though.  It gets kinda buggy and stuff after the 1st generation dies if I remember correctly... or I just don't remember correctly.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 01:35:19 pm »

Drink Faust elixirs all the time, and avoid bugs by living for 200 years.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Mapmaker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 06:59:13 am »

Used to play this a bit back in the day, solo only though.  It gets kinda buggy and stuff after the 1st generation dies if I remember correctly... or I just don't remember correctly.

I've been playing this game for 2 years and still didn't see any bug, for real. Anyway, contact me any of you and let's plan an online meeting. ;)