Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Horrific storys of dwarven slaughter, AKA the !!FUN!! thread.  (Read 953 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Horrific storys of dwarven slaughter, AKA the !!FUN!! thread.
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:52:37 pm »

As we all know, half of the appeal of this game is to control a group of drunken migits in a attempt to carve a paradice out of a Evil biome. However, sometimes things happen. Horrible things. As such, this thread is ment to set into stone what the most horrible and scaring event that has happened to you while playing.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Horrific storys of dwarven slaughter, AKA the !!FUN!! thread.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 10:00:55 pm »

1). There are already threads for discussing this.

2). What ratio of horrible/scary are you looking for?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:06:12 pm by King DZA »

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:05:25 pm »

Well, just recently my fortress was attacked by a Forgotten Beast. It ran incredibly fast and my dwarves weren't able to hit the lever that'd seal up my base in time. It waltzed straight past the defensive traps that I had set up, and before I knew it, it had managed to get into the sleeping quarters. It was also made of green glass, which somehow meant that my two squads of Hammerdwarves (armed with Silver War Hammers) couldn't even scratch it.

All that I had left to defend my base with was the war dogs, a squad of Speardwarves, and a lone hunter armed with bronze bolts.

What was really bad was that it didn't bleed, didn't need air, didn't have vital organs, and it breathed an incredibly toxic poison that caused everything around it to die in horrible, bloody ways. So, it killed about two dozen war dogs, all but three of my soldiers, and another dozen dwarves that were nearby.

The worst part? The only thing that saved my base was that it ran into a bedroom, murdered the dwarf sleeping there, destroyed the recruit that followed it inside, and -that- bought me enough time to lock the damn thing in the room. It's still standing there... waiting...

The rest of my base is fine. Fortunately, dwarves are easy to distract from tragedy using shiny things (i.e. platinum statues encrusted with jewels).
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:05:37 pm »

2). What ratio of horrible/scary are you looking for?

I am interested in the answer to this question as well.

domomaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 12:07:22 am »

I literally just lost my fort to HFS. It was my first fort where I found adamantine. There were two veins on this embark in fact. One of them was out in the open of the third cavern and the second was over above the magma sea. So i dug out the first one or two layers of the closest one, and stupidly dwarfily decided to go check out the other vein. I finally found out what the "hollow tube" shape means. All my masons were at a party, so they couldn't build the wall  fast enough. And right as my last dwarf died, something remarkable happens. At my moment of greatest pain, an elven caravan arrives, to look on at the suffering and death of 45 brave dwarves.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 02:30:55 am »

Most of my forts die to boredom because I amass a military of fifty candy-armored legendaries (All without danger rooms, mind you) that stomp pretty much anything with no problem.

'Course, I just installed Fortress Defense and the first wave of Stranglers arrived on my newest fort, the bazillionth without iron for some reason, so this should be getting !!FUN!! real soon.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 03:33:03 am »

You want a horror story?

PS. It's spelt 'stories'.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns