Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XBLA Arcade. Anything good?  (Read 914 times)

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
XBLA Arcade. Anything good?
« on: December 27, 2011, 02:47:47 pm »

So for X-mas my pal got me twenty USD of Microsoft points, I don't play the xbox much, but I know how Indie Devs are always sayin they are gonna put their games on the XBLA. I Searched the market but I had no idea what was what.
    So now I am asking the Bay 12 Community what should I do with these points burning a hole in my pocket.

InB4 Bastion cause we already have that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:51:55 pm by PsyberianHusky »
Thank you based dwarf.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: XBLA Arcade. Anything good?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 03:39:47 pm »

Minecraft is coming out on it soon, if it isn't on there already. You also should check out Super Meat Boy if you have any interest in raging and throwing your controller at the screen.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 03:48:38 pm »

The only games I have purchased are Miner: Dig Deep and Scott Pilgrim: The Game. Both are decent, and cheap.

The XBLA has a lot of content, but you'll have to search around to find something you'll enjoy. I think there's a listing somewhere of the games in order of most purchased, highest rated, etc. so you could start looking there. I'm not sure if you can buy the "real" games (ones also released on disc) with Microsoft Points, or if you need to purchase them with a credit card; but it could be worth looking into.

There are also dozens of Minecraft clones, if you want to play something like that.

Minecraft is coming out on it soon, if it isn't on there already. You also should check out Super Meat Boy if you have any interest in raging and throwing your controller at the screen.
Here's the game page, but it's not out yet - there's just a video.

Super Meat Boy is indeed fun, if you don't already have it on the PC. It's better with a controller than a keyboard, by the way.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 05:21:15 pm »

Check out Flotilla and Atom Zombie Smasher by BLENDO Games. Geometry Wars 2 as well.
Those are the only games that ever stuck out to me on XBL.    Though Flotilla + Atom Smasher are for sale on Steam right now.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.