Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fixable Bugs / Removable Exploits / Workarounds LIST  (Read 3889 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: Fixable Bugs / Removable Exploits / Workarounds LIST
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 06:37:02 pm »

haha, when I saw this I was just about to PM you, as I had come across your note in the bug tracker about the binary fix, after doing some additional searching on the merchant wagon issue, was sifting through SDL.dll in a hex editor, and was going to ask you what I was missing.

A program to make those fixes would be great, if you wouldn't mind doing one. That would eliminate a number in one fell swoop. And looking over that list I can't see anything folks wouldn't want to fix (except perhaps being able to forge anything out of 1 bar, but that's a pretty bad exploit IMO).

Alternatively, a quick guide about what to edit, where, and how would surely be of great use to others like myself. (By way of example, I was looking in SDL.dll for the 1AF1E1 offset, which isn't there... then for a pair reading B2 0E, which I also wasn't able to find... and then I figured I should ask.)

I second this. Please help us.

Problem is that you're looking at SDL.dll and not DF.exe.  That offset and pair exist there - which is either a hell of a coincidence, or it means that I did something right for once.  Testing it out now - if it works, I can probably get Quietust's full list into one exe and put it up on DFFD tonight.  That is assuming, of course, that he's ok with that.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 07:35:02 pm »

I should note that, for the wagon fix, you will also need to make sure you've modded a domesticated creature (preferably HORSE) to be a [WAGON_PULLER], otherwise you'll still fail to get wagons unless the civilization manages to have access to muskoxen.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 08:08:13 pm »

Spoiler: Behold, the wagons! (click to show/hide)

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 10:21:05 pm »

Oh wow, that's awesome.. looking forward to playing with that.  I've never actually seen a trade wagon before!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 10:26:10 pm »

As well: Respect. I would love to include this in my mod :)

Does anyone know if it has any effect on using the new dfhack ? it alters/replaces the orig. sdl, but leaves the orig. under a new name in the same folder...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 10:30:18 pm »

Just to be clear, my patches have absolutely nothing to do with SDL.dll - they merely only work with the SDL version of Dwarf Fortress, which is to say that they do not work with the Legacy version of Dwarf Fortress.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 10:32:51 pm »

Problem is that you're looking at SDL.dll and not DF.exe.

Should work if it's just a new exe.

edit:  oop, late :)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 11:14:49 pm »

Tweaked "dwarf fortress.exe"

CHANGELOG
-Crystal glass can now be manufactured.
-Caravans will now bring trade wagons under appropriate circumstances.
-Fixed an issue causing the [MAGMA_BUILD_SAFE] token not to work as intended.
-Reactions at the forge will now respect the [MATERIAL_SIZE] token. [MATERIAL_SIZE] now correctly specifies the number of bars to be used.
-"Auto fishery" and "auto kitchen" settings will now work as intended.
-Olivine doors will now appear correctly.
-The reactions to make lye will now correctly require an empty bucket.
-The stone stocks screen will now display all relevant materials.

The patches used are Quietust's work - he told me what to change, I simply went in and changed it so that you guys don't have to.

I have no problem with anyone using or redistributing this file with their own mods, as long as he doesn't.

Know that I have not had time to have thoroughly tested all of these features, so if any issues come up, drop me a PM.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:17:05 pm by narhiril »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 12:26:38 am »

Tweaked "dwarf fortress.exe"
I have no problem with anyone using or redistributing this file with their own mods, as long as he doesn't.
So you'd have problems if we DO redistribute. I see, I see.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 01:16:58 am »

"He" referring to Quietust.  I don't care if you guys use it.  By all means, put it in your own mods.

KirigStonebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 05:25:35 pm »

I think I've identified a bug with the mod that I'm guessing is related to making obsidian economic.

When searching for flux stone using the site finder, I've had a lot of sites turn up matching which, when viewed, don't say they have flux. I tried a search on one region using "Flux: yes" as the only parameter, and nearly every tile showed a match. I haven't had the chance to do any further testing, such as investigating the few sites which didn't match or confirming the results on additional worlds, but will try to look into it more when I get home from work.

The obsidian link is only a guess, but nothing else seems to make sense, and I'm thinking maybe the finder is reading obsidian near the magma sea and equating it with flux since its now economic? Anyway, I have no idea if that can be fixed, let alone how, but thought I'd put it here for more advanced SCIENTISTs to look into.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 10:04:36 pm »

That's rather unlikely, since it's checking for [REACTION_CLASS:FLUX], not the mere fact that it's economic - if it was looking for economic use, it'd be tripping up on every single metal ore as well.
Also, there is no obsidian near the magma sea - the only time a map spawns with obsidian (other than having it as an igneous extrusive layer) is when there's a volcano or magma pool.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 11:42:39 pm »

It'd be nice if you forge a hacked DF.exe for all issues except "Forge jobs always use only a single bar" so I dont have to change my raw across multiple versions.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 04:03:40 pm »

It'd be nice if you forge a hacked DF.exe for all issues except "Forge jobs always use only a single bar" so I dont have to change my raw across multiple versions.

Yeah, I could do that.  I'm a bit busy today, but I'll get it done either later tonight or tomorrow.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 10:38:38 pm »

This is awesome. Watching those dwarf wagons trundle down to my depot was the highlight of my day. Might I suggest this fixed .exe be posted in a thread with a title more appropriate for something so great?
Pages: 1 [2] 3