Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How NOT to kill a goblin?  (Read 9650 times)

Bazzak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How NOT to kill a goblin?
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:10:30 am »

In my fortress, I was ambushed by two squads of goblins. Both had spearmen and were led by archers. I managed to kill the other squad with my macedwarves with only one permanently wounded.

The other squad went straight into my cage traps. I noticed that the goblin who was leading the squad is the Law-Giver of the goblin civilization.

I now have him stripped naked and chained in middle of my arena, waiting for a punishment. What I would like to do, is to almost mortally wound him. Every bone must break. Every possible limb must come off.

He must suffer a lot.

But how does one do this without killing him?

slapdash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How NOT to kill a goblin?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:40:07 am »

Dropping him 6-7 z-levels outta do the trick.

Ace_Warbringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Swords For Everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:49:21 am »

hammers made of crappy metal work wonders for this, amd train a newb at the same time. Draft a newb give hammer and armor (for the occasional luckshot). Beat accordingly.

best done with some way of stopping the newb evry so often for "Rest Breaks"  Pun intended. and swapping the wepon for anti-attachment.
Though maybe that's the issue. The concept is just too simple for the dwarven mind to grasp!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:03:57 am »

hammers made of crappy metal work wonders for this, amd train a newb at the same time. Draft a newb give hammer and armor (for the occasional luckshot). Beat accordingly.

best done with some way of stopping the newb evry so often for "Rest Breaks"  Pun intended. and swapping the wepon for anti-attachment.

Training weapon them to death!
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 11:28:32 am »

What about lucky headshots? That would not be nice :(

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 11:43:12 am »

Give the gobbos helmets?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 11:50:10 am »

weak guy+candy warhammer
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 01:26:00 pm »

Tame crundle pit.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 01:26:46 pm »

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 03:47:37 pm »

Tame crundle pit.
He'll kill himself
Not if he's chained. I guess he could try smashing his skull into the crundles, but that would achieve satisfactory amounts of Dorfyness.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 03:50:01 pm »

Tame crundle pit.
He'll kill himself
Not if he's chained. I guess he could try smashing his skull into the crundles, but that would achieve satisfactory amounts of Dorfyness.
Or break his neck with sheer willpower.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 03:58:42 pm »

Personally?  I'd just leave him.  Goblins, I believe, are immortal.  They don't eat or drink - even if you started a civ with them they wouldn't consume.  Traders and invaders naturally have eating turned off, but goblins are legit creatures that purely do not eat.

With that in mind, make him a dwarf.  Lock him in a hollowed-out mineral vein, and leave him.  Alone, isolated, with nothing but solid stone for miles in every direction.  The world shall turn, your fortress shall prosper, his armies will continue the siege, and he will know nothing.  Stuck, solitary, in the bowels of the earth, no noise or sight or signal of any sort, even his own breath a muted whimper in the darkness.  And your fort shall crumble, your dwarves rotten to dust and your constructions set ablaze and ashes scattered to the winds (because let's be honest, that's how a good fort goes out) and yet he shall remain, forgotten in the deepest pit of an obscure and obsolete mining vein, spending eternity exactly there.

Hell is other people.  HFS is yourself.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 04:01:48 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a sign that there may be something wrong with me, but that actually sounds really nice.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 04:39:35 pm »

Why don't you give him a small hut? Wooden bed, wooden chair, wooden table,wooden floor.
Then, when you feel like it, set the hut on fire.
(Alternatively, cover the rest of the hut in weapon traps with wooden training swords. He'll be killed by 1000 cuts.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:43:39 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 04:42:31 pm »

Why don't you give him a small hut? Wooden bed, wooden chair, wooden table,wooden floor.
Then, when you feel like it, set the hut on fire.

Dude that's how we greet elves, not goblins!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4