Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Plump helmetsplosion  (Read 4049 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Plump helmetsplosion
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 06:47:28 pm »

Never insult rice again.

NEVER!!!!!

Rice.

Is.

Tasteless.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 06:57:42 pm »

Never insult rice again.

NEVER!!!!!

Rice.

Is.

Tasteless.

But... But... But....

That's the beauty of it.

Dwarves love their tasteless staples, because then they can taste all the blood that got on it.

I wonder if dwarves eat the contaminants on food as well when they eat them.

Because then we have a way to spread vampirism next update.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 07:06:31 pm »

Never insult rice again.

NEVER!!!!!

Rice.

Is.

Tasteless.

You're eating the wrong kind! You should throw away American (and many other European nations') long grain rice and embrace the Asian short grain, which is sweet, sticky and doesn't taste bad!!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 07:23:13 pm »

You're eating the wrong kind! You should throw away American (and many other European nations') long grain rice and embrace the Asian short grain, which is sweet, sticky and doesn't taste bad!!

Totally modding in Asian short helmet.

EDIT: now that I read this again, it seems this could be interpreted as a rather tasteless joke...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:41:58 pm by Cellmonk »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 07:31:16 pm »

Rice.

Is.

Tasteless.

WUT!!! Rice is not tasteless. Besides, water is awesome, and it's tasteless.
Coincidentally my favourite foods are bread and rice.
On its own, they are tasteless. But there are so many ways to cook them, eat them, if you find them tasteless, YOU'RE NOT TRYING!!!!! :D :D :D

This is one way :P

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 07:38:41 pm »

Rice with melted butter (not that margarine carp that bugs won't eat) and parmesan ...
Rice with ground beef stuffed into a bell pepper and baked ...
Rice with chicken soup ...
Rice with spicy foods so you enjoy the flavor instead of suffer from the spicy (the rice soaks up the spicy ... water does nothing) ...
... so many other choices, too ... :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 07:40:26 pm »

Rice with melted butter (not that margarine carp that bugs won't eat) and parmesan ...
Rice with ground beef stuffed into a bell pepper and baked ...
Rice with chicken soup ...
Rice with spicy foods so you enjoy the flavor instead of suffer from the spicy (the rice soaks up the spicy ... water does nothing) ...
... so many other choices, too ... :D

Rice steamed...
Rice fried...
Rice in a red bean/butternut squash soup base...
Rice steamed in wrapped bamboo, now THAT one was amazing...

Rice, Bread and Chicken are the trinity of all foods :D

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 07:50:48 pm »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 09:05:46 pm »

Rice with rice flour, sprinkled with rice sauce...
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Dwarfus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 10:08:03 pm »

I think the answer is simple.

1) You start by observing you idlers and taking names of the most listless. You should end up with X names.
2) Enable X to be stonecrafters and brewers.
3) Build X craftdwarf workshops first, then X stills second.
4) For every five sets of Make Rock Pot (30), issue one Brew Drink (30).

Problem solved.

flamoot

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack was a Legomaniac.
    • View Profile
    • ansistego
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 10:17:06 am »

Rock pot. I thought pots had to be made from clay. I make so damn many wooden barrels
Oh, someone finally died of thirst

Jack was a Legomaniac. Then they treated him with Thorazine. Now all he does is watch TV

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 11:16:47 am »

I usually end up selling my overstock, or just letting it rot.  10x10 stockpile for the purple stuff, and disable all other stockpiles from accepting it.  Let the excess rot in the field, it doesn't really matter.  Or make a huge stockpile with no barrels accepted, an undump pile if you've got the time (check my sig for explanation on the undump).  When traders arrive, trade ALL the excess plump helmets!

More commonly though, I'm rotating.  Usually above-ground, it'll be strawberries, fisher berries, rope reed, and redroot.  That overstocks me on food and usually overstocks on cloth material.  If you're not doing a textile industry, then you can do flour or sugar instead, and do cooking industry, or just sell the flour raw, but you'll go through a lot of bags that way.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 11:19:05 am »

//=Winesplosion=\\

Sounds more like it ;D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 11:24:01 am »

I use Dwarf Foreman and keep the level of booze over 500, so I never worry about producing alcohol :P  For that matter I also set bins and barrels both at 10, so my carpenter tries to keep 10 empty barrels at all times, which self-regulates my barrel production extremely well.

For real, I either play with Foreman or let the dwarves drink water, keeping up with booze production is too much of a hassle for something that they should be smart enough to do on their own.  That, or I try to achieve the Booze Singularity Point - when you have enough barrels littering the fort that you can set booze on /R and the clutter will regulate the production speed to keep balance.

flamoot

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack was a Legomaniac.
    • View Profile
    • ansistego
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 11:27:55 am »

I use my manager and just keep orders of 30 brew drink lined up after one another

Where do you make Rock Pots? It's not at the mason's :3

Oh, someone finally died of thirst

Jack was a Legomaniac. Then they treated him with Thorazine. Now all he does is watch TV
Pages: 1 [2] 3