Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor (+DLC) giveaway [over]  (Read 3862 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor (+DLC) giveaway [ends 29.12.2011]
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 05:05:06 am »

1)Are you here long enough (not registered just to get it?)? Yes
2)What is your steam profile link? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025509991
2)Write a detailed description of any creature suitable for Dwarf Fortress wildlife. Magical/animal/monster, whatever. I will use the best in my mods. A small fluffy humanoid rabbit that live in Good biomes could have different furry color base on the biome like white in the colder areas
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 12:23:48 pm »

Okay, added you guys, but you were REALLY lazy with the description, Alkhemia, shame on you!

"You see a small fluffy humanoid rabbit that live in Good biomes could have different furry color base on the biome like white in the colder areas."

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 02:38:05 pm »

sorry got about as much creativity as a rock that took me 5 or 6 min
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 04:45:53 pm »

Good idea about Falcor. Now write me a good description to participate :3.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 05:10:57 pm »

Not entering as I already have DoD+RotDG, so I'll just drop by and say thanks for holding this.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 05:46:47 pm »

1) Are you here long enough? Registered here on July 17, 2009. Over 2 years. It still feels like I registered yesterday.
2) What is your steam profile link? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982522505
3) Write a detailed description of any creature suitable for Dwarf Fortress wildlife. Magical/animal/monster, whatever. I will use the best in my mods.

The Dwergi.

Called by non-Dwarves to be the 'Dwarven Werewolf'. But the comparison to the regular human werewolf is not entirely accurate.

• First off, a Dwergi resembles a regular dwarf. However, a Dwergi is far heavier and now runs on all fours with a hunched posture, akin to a Gorilla Silverback.
  • The Dwergi's muscles are hard and impressive, allowing it to smash the head from a sentient's body with one fell swoop.
  • The Dwergi is fully carnivourous, no longer able to digest vegetation of any kind. To compensate, the Dwergi is able to devour meat that would be considered deadly to a regular dwarf.
  • A Dwergi's skin is covered with short fur, typically coloured gray, but brown and charcoal black variants have been spotted.
  • The Dwergi's frontal hands grow a bone-like appendage. These boneclaws are capable of piercing rock, allowing the Dwergi to carve tunnels and dens underground.
  • Dwergi prefer to dwell underground, digging tunnels through the rock with their claws. Older Dwergi tend to develop an aversion to sunlight, just like their Dwarven ancestors. It is rumoured that the oldest Dwergi are allergic to direct sunlight.
  • A Dwergi loses all capacity to speak, instead being forced to grunt and roar its way through life.
  • Dwergi lose much of their formidable Dwarven intellect, yet receive some form of low cunning in return. They don't know how to use tools, but do know how to envelop and trap prey.
  • Dwergi have a formidable constitution. While they can be taken down with any weapon available (if you manage to survive close combat with one), they cannot be fully and permanently killed. Like the archetype werewolf, a special substance is needed.
  • Dismembering a Dwergi is possible, but the damage only remains permanent when the weapon is made of the special substance.
  • Contrary to myth, a Dwergi cannot be killed with Silver. It requires Gold that has been submerged in Dwarven beer for 7 days. Afterwards, the Gold has to be re-smelted and forged into a weapon using the same technique that creates Japanese Katana. Only through repeated hammering and folding of the Gold metal can it achieve its lethal (to the Dwergi's constitution) effect. The weapon also has to be cooled by using the same Dwarven beer. The beer has to be the same one used when submerging the gold for the first time, otherwise the weapon will be useless.
  • Dwergi can infect other Dwarves. Those turn into a Dwergi after one full year. The process is gradual and a Dwarf will either try to kill himself before he fully succumbs or escape its city before other Dwarves put him down. Non-dwarf races do not turn into Dwergi, but they die of the Dwergi infection nonetheless. A human typically lasts for a season, Elves might survive for 2 seasons before succumbing. Smaller creatures take far less time.
  • Dwergi are still able to reproduce. Dwergi Children mature faster than Dwarven children.
  • Despite their origin, Dwergi hate Dwarves with a passion. Why is not exactly understood, but it is suspected that Dwergi recognise themselves in their fellow Dwarves.
  • Dwergi regularly raid Dwarven settlements, for food, reproduction and sadistic sport.

I think that's most of it. Hope you approve of this one, Deon. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 06:06:46 pm »

Wow, that sounds like a GREAT idea for the race once the new curses are added! I may actually add them as a "infected/werewolf" race to Genesis, it's between werewolf and vendigo hehe. Great details by the way. You are in!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 06:55:14 pm »

1) Are you here long enough?
Yes.

2) What is your steam profile link?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976928849

3) Write a detailed description of any creature suitable for Dwarf Fortress wildlife. Magical/animal/monster, whatever. I will use the best in my mods.
Thin Stalker:
Something akin to both insect and tree, these tall, thin, solitary creatures wander dark forests seeking out warm blooded prey.
They are covered in bark-like chitinous skin that often has growths of fungus and moss. They have four thorny appendages instead of arms and legs, and sometimes walk on all fours.
Their eyes are red, or amber, and glow in the dark.
They are agile climbers, and swift walkers, although they aren't capable of running, they can make their way through the undergrowth with ease.

They have a distinctive "crackling" call.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 10:44:16 pm »

I'm finishing the raffle soon, please participate if you want to.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 10:48:00 pm »

Hey Deon, since I won a copy of Dungeons of Dredmor from the Mega-Giveaway thread, I'm just going to ask only for Realm of the Diggle Gods, in case I win in this raffle.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 03:42:37 am »

The giveaway will end in a few hours. Just warning :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 08:41:56 am »

I've randomized the list and this is what I've got:

Code: [Select]
    Dohon
    Pnx
    ansontan2000
    New Guy
    SirAaronIII
    Shadowlord
    Bitoru
    Alkhemia
    Reudh
    UltraValican

The winners are:     Dohon, Pnx, ansontan2000! I've sent you friend invites, please approve them.

Congratulations to the winners, and to others: guys, do not be sad, there will be much more giveaways, and I will host more too :). Good luck to you!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor (+DLC) giveaway [over]
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 10:16:37 am »

Friend invite accepted. Thanks, Deon!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor (+DLC) giveaway [over]
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 12:09:10 pm »

Congratulations to the winners!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 [2] 3