Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor (+DLC) giveaway [over]  (Read 3863 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Dungeons of Dredmor (+DLC) giveaway [over]
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:57:41 pm »

While it's not a christmas for us in Russia, I found out that Steam finally accepts my credit card (it was not working for... like two years) so I would like to make a small present to our beloved community!

I give away three copies of "Dungeons of Dredmor" + "Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of Diggle Gods".

I give you 24-48 hours, the rules are simple.

1) Are you here long enough (not registered just to get it?)?
2) What is your steam profile link?
3) Write a detailed description of any creature suitable for Dwarf Fortress wildlife. Magical/animal/monster, whatever. I will use the best in my mods :).

The winners of the Raffle will be decided by my dice.

Participants:
UltraValican
Reudh
ansontan2000
Shadowlord
New Guy
SirAaronIII
Bitoru
Alkhemia
Dohon
Pnx
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:42:08 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor (complete) giveaway [ends 29.11.2011]
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 05:16:36 pm »

Not taking part cause I already have it.

But just comin in to state that Dungeons of Dredmor is awesome and that you are awesome for having this giveaway.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 06:33:51 pm »

Yay Deon! Yay Dredmor! Already own it, though.

Seems like with the bundles and the sales and all the B12 giveaways of this game, pretty soon everyone on the forum will have a copy. This is in no way a bad thing.

Also, the (complete) in the topic name makes it look like the giveaway is (finished), rather than (+DLC) if you're just skimming. This may cause confusion. Or it may be just me.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor (+DLC) giveaway [ends 29.11.2011]
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 06:50:03 pm »

I did not think of that, thanks, I've fixed it :). I've never made anything like this, and even though it's a small price to pay, I already like it! I may start other giveaways if my wife does not check my credit card check haha.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 06:52:03 pm »

1. No, I joined months ago just for DLC for a game that dose not exist.
2.http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042771284/
3. Onis are a mountain dwelling species of feral Orc. Their skin color can range from bright crimson to dark brown. These creatures are known to sneak(or kill) their way into dwarven settlements in order to steal booze. The Orcs beileive they are spirits of hedonistic orcs, damned to steal to feed an embarrasing alchol addiction that can never be sated. Oni females are sometimes born in the form of human women.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have the game, but not the DLC. I love, love, love, love, love, love, LOVE your mod.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 07:06:55 pm »

I've already bought two bundles as presents :P. It's okay, if more people with the game but without a DLC win, I will just make MORE winnars, and buy DLC only for those who need them only. Others, please do not forget to mention if you already have a game without DLC.

P.S. Onis are great. I thought about adding "red-skinned orcish demons" in orcish regions for them to fight (japanese mythology) :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 07:21:00 pm »

1. Been on Bay12 a few months. Have a fair few posts. Same with Steam, been on it for about a year.
2. http://steamcommunity.com//profiles/76561198034319577/
3. Zalifen (an attempted mod of my own, though you'd do it more justice) are a black-skinned race similar to goblins, but larger and have a horn on their head that secretes mildly paralytic venom. They are very, very evil, happily stealing children from all races, consuming the corpses of their opponents, launching surprise attacks on dwarven settlements and fighting with [NO_FEAR]. :P They are roughly twice the size of a goblin, and a little more intelligent too. They are very prolific- (on my test worlds the Zalifen despite often being at war with the rest of the world is doing relatively well)- if left alone they will outpopulate the other races.
They are feared by all.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 07:34:54 pm »

1) I've been here since October, and have a decently large amount of posts to show for it.
2) http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041774239/
3) The Yerdoc is a small, dwarf-sized creature that has to fight for survival. They are very fierce, but only have small numbers. Against an average dwarf, the Yerdoc would win in a fight. However, they do not have access to steel or iron. They can come in only small numbers, but do steal and kidnap from all races for their kind. They will eat the corpses of Elves, Humans and Dwarves for food. If they are not able to find or kill for food, they will starve out.
They are revered for their rarity outside of dwarven fortresses.

Also, Deon. You might want to change the titile as currently it says "ends on 29.11.2011
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 07:58:21 pm »

1) Are you here long enough (not registered just to get it?)?
It would have been far more logical to buy it than to register for a contest to probably fail to win it, considering what it cost recently. :P

2) What is your steam profile link?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/trafalgar/

3) Write a detailed description of any creature suitable for Dwarf Fortress wildlife. Magical/animal/monster, whatever. I will use the best in my mods :).
The poison tortoise is a deadly inhabitant of the more savage beaches and the like. Besides the natural tortoise defenses, anything foolish enough to try to eat a poison tortoise will shortly thereafter die from the tortoise's deadly poison. Although this does not in any way prevent the tortoise from being killed, it does eliminate the predator, and to make matters worse for the predators, the tortoises are capable of eating meat, have a high reproductive rate and short maturation time, and are immune to their own poison. They tend to rapidly outnumber and eliminate any hostile predators without ever directly attacking them.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 08:11:28 pm »

It would have been far more logical to buy it than to register for a contest to probably fail to win it, considering what it cost recently.
In relation to THIS game, yes, but there're a few members who registered just to participate in the influx of giveaways, and I would like to share with more frequent community members :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 08:12:19 pm »

1. I've been here since May of 2011.
2. Dodecahedron
3. Arthroverta: A giant worm-beetle hybrid with acidic saliva, sharp teeth and claws. Contrary to it's appearance, it is quite fast, and will outrun any dwarf if given the chance. Beneath the exoskeleton covering it's head is a small hunk of bulging flesh resembling the face of a female human. It is a creature of either hellish or unnatural origins.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor (+DLC) giveaway [ends 29.12.2011]
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 08:13:40 pm »

I've added all of you to the raffle.

Also, Deon. You might want to change the titile as currently it says "ends on 29.11.2011
Damn it, late night :P.

Also, great descriptions so far, thank you!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 08:38:02 pm »

1. Nov 16 2010
2. arcticbat
3. Stonehawks: Ancient magical constructs made of stone. When the ancient civilization that created them fell, they went free into the most savage areas of the land.  Each of their wings has a glowing gem that provides power to the stonehawk. When destroyed, the construct dies and can be "butchered"/harvested for stone and gems.

I already have the game, just need the DLC.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 10:03:14 pm »

Not entering but just wanted to thank you!

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 11:07:36 pm »

1) Are you here long enough (not registered just to get it?)?  Yes.
2) What is your steam profile link?  http://steamcommunity.com/id/betoru?
3) Write a detailed description of any creature suitable for Dwarf Fortress wildlife. Magical/animal/monster, whatever. I will use the best in my mods.
Genesis Shard - An entity connected to the primordial elements that compose the universe, you cannot quite grasp its form, though you can feel it has an extreme power that is yet to be released. Maybe it should have a lot of different castes with different elements or something.
Pages: [1] 2 3