Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Toady's updates  (Read 2215 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Toady's updates
« on: December 26, 2011, 08:39:56 am »

Did anyone else find this recent one...

"Today was the sort of day where I thought things were working out. Then I test-embarked in a different town, and bandit leaders were embedded in the walls, dungeon rooms came up through the street and into the center of stores, the sewers were completely inaccessible, amphibian men were hanging out in a farm house and a gigantic frozen river of ice raised up from the ground and partitioned the town except where the bridges cut tunnels through it. I fixed all of those problems to get back where I thought I was when I started."

...incredibly tempting?

This makes me want to play bugged out adventure mode--towns with rampaging wall bandits, farmhouse lizard cults, towers of ice and, in a prior, unquoted update, sewer folk shooting townies with poisoned darts through sewer grates.

All these things sounds like the bestest feature/bugs we could ask for come next update.  I hope you don't fix them all Toady!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Toady's updates
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:41:27 am »

But... But Chaos.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 09:44:42 am »

Did anyone else find this recent one...

"Today was the sort of day where I thought things were working out. Then I test-embarked in a different town, and bandit leaders were embedded in the walls, dungeon rooms came up through the street and into the center of stores, the sewers were completely inaccessible, amphibian men were hanging out in a farm house and a gigantic frozen river of ice raised up from the ground and partitioned the town except where the bridges cut tunnels through it. I fixed all of those problems to get back where I thought I was when I started."

...incredibly tempting?

This makes me want to play bugged out adventure mode--towns with rampaging wall bandits, farmhouse lizard cults, towers of ice and, in a prior, unquoted update, sewer folk shooting townies with poisoned darts through sewer grates.

All these things sounds like the bestest feature/bugs we could ask for come next update.  I hope you don't fix them all Toady!

It's like a cross between a chaos incursion and Shadow over Innsmouth with a bit of Dunwitch Horror
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 02:44:51 pm »

I think the bit he was pointing out was that they were dipping their blow-gun darts in honey-bee venom.  Not exactly a life-threatening poison attack, unless you are like my wife and extremely allergic to bee stings.  Of course, that made me wonder what they were supposed to be using to envenomate their darts with ...

And yes, the description of the town bisected by a wall of ice with tunnels through it was definitely a tempting place to try adventure mode. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 02:49:38 pm »

Oh god, please let them be procedurally trying out whatever venom/extract they can get thier hands on.... could be cave spider venom, could be instanecrosis FB juice.
This is a blank sig.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 02:59:33 pm »

Oh god, please let them be procedurally trying out whatever venom/extract they can get thier hands on.... could be cave spider venom, could be instanecrosis FB juice.

bu... but... their hands will rot...
actually... do it, including different uses according to civ (be it stun, nausea, unconsciousness, or taking over earth)
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 06:30:46 pm »

I think the bit he was pointing out was that they were dipping their blow-gun darts in honey-bee venom.  Not exactly a life-threatening poison attack, unless you are like my wife and extremely allergic to bee stings.
Actually, a non-allergic person can be killed by several thousand bee stings worth of venom, so if they managed to get enough venom to sufficiently coat their blowdarts they could be quite dangerous.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Sroge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 06:43:25 pm »

Actually, randomly generated poisons would be really cool. You could have blowdarts armed something with the description like:

"This thick green slime is formed from dragon's blood mixed with the ground-up bones of a badger. It causes the targets ears and fingers to wither and fall off, eventually leading to projectile vomiting and death"

Then you could have your dwarfs create random poisons, and use them in traps or bolts.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 07:57:07 pm »

Actually, randomly generated poisons would be really cool. You could have blowdarts armed something with the description like:

"This thick green slime is formed from dragon's blood mixed with the ground-up bones of a badger. It causes the targets ears and fingers to wither and fall off, eventually leading to projectile vomiting and death"

Then you could have your dwarfs create random poisons, and use them in traps or bolts.

"This thick green slime is- AUGH GOD IT'S ALIVE AND CRAWLING UP MY ARM! IT IS ENTERING MY BLOOD! AUAUAAGHHHhhrck....Must...feast...on....eyeballs"
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 08:26:58 pm »

It's like a cross between a chaos incursion and Shadow over Innsmouth with a bit of Dunwitch Horror
This.

I love the thought of entering a town overrun by scheming, poisoner frogmen taking advantage of a massive ice wall blocking the barracks.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 05:06:31 am »

I wonder when the sewerpeople will learn to kill the town by poisoning the water supply...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 05:25:19 am »

I wonder when the sewerpeople will learn to kill the town by poisoning the water supply...
I wonder when the townspeople will learn to deal with the pests that just poisoned their water supply...

No matter, the dwarves can roll in and apply the Blood of the EarthTM

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 06:29:49 am »

Randomly generating a list of poisons produced at the alchemists shop is actually a really good idea.

I'm fine with the towns being fixed up though, that's pretty important. Now we just need to find a way to break them on que.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 06:51:48 am »

I'm fine with the towns being fixed up though, that's pretty important. Now we just need to find a way to break them on que.

If it aint broken, break it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 08:12:17 am »

If it aint broken, break it.

If it's broken, weaponise it. If it ain't broken, weaponise it.
Pages: [1] 2