Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: RtD - On the twelve days  (Read 43485 times)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: RtD - On the twelve days - 3 slots open
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2011, 03:36:47 am »

Welp, looks like we'll all be waiting a bit. I somehow neglected to read that post thoroughly.

Yeah. Lately, the Roll To Dodge forums has been going at a snail's pace. I'm hoping that when the whole Christmas shenanigans are finished, things will pick up speed. It's sad seeing so many classic RTD's fall down the "Pipe of no return".

On the bright side, we have a new slave RTD'er! Why don't you hop on the Ideas thread and post something? Who knows, maybe you'll get a flash of brilliance and make a great RTD! By the way, I like games with lots of randomness and magic. Just...so you know.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2011, 03:54:33 am »

I'd probably only ever run a game if I had more caffeine than sleep.

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity Squared is Fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 30, 2011, 07:59:18 pm »

Name:  Zelfirus Aj

Attack:4
Defense:4
Luck:7

Pointy thing (weapon):
Hard thing (clothes):
Special thing (accessory):
The above three are left empty.
The fastest GM in the woooooooorld!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: RtD - On the twelve days - 1 slot open
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2011, 05:30:55 pm »

This looks interesting. Count me in for my first RtD.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

==> Go South

Welcome.... heheheh... (rubs hands together evilly)

[55]

The first room had nothing but one wooden chest, made of maple and finely crafted.

Open? Smash? Ignore (not cleared) and go? Or something creative?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hello. Since the direction frankly doesn't matter...

[79]
In the first room is one Undead Cheese Roll of Infections!

Dispatch the last kobold, close the door the four went stumbled through and proceed east.
[18] damage is dealt to the remaining kobolt, sending it flying through the air and colliding with an obstacle!

Gift [1] : Something bad, [6] One HOSTILE Rotting Fluffy Wambler Corpse Portion Zombie appears and attacks!

Now draw the Rose Sword and finish it off! Berate the dragon while doing so for attacking a dude who's just trying to be polite.

[73] You draw the Rose Sword and deal a major wound to Alduin! As anyone who played read the game book Skyrim knows, Alduin is a coward and fled to Sovenguard!

Gift[4]: Something sharp ,[87] You receive one swordsword add-on, so you can sword while you sword!

Brofist!  Rock on, slime buddy.

Impress the dwarves with my defense.  Compliment them on their booze.

Maybe they will understand the importance of a strong defense.
[50] The dwarves are mildly impressed but do not place much meaning on a "strong defense". Perhaps because they use magma as a final method of defense...

[59] The dwarves ask what kind of booze, exactly, are you complimenting them on!

...and [71] despite your sudden urge to reply "sewer brew" or "elven spirits", you compliment their *Dwarven Mead*! Dwarves are impartial to mead, but not big fans, preferring ale, rum or wine to it.

What next?

(Current friendliness points = 5/10)

Immediately hold onto FlufferMcFluffFluff, and teach him the ins and outs of using drugs. Help him resist the temptation! Don't do drugs, kitty!

[56] Forgetting for a moment that these are man eating catnip plants, Fluffer dashes to a plant but ... [76] you successfully catch him! [5] Fluffer scratches you and escapes! [31] You fail to catch him again!
Fluffer dashes up to a man-eating-catnip plant, and ... [78] strikes it with one paw of ferociousness! Man Eating Catnip, potash maker has been struck down!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2011, 05:35:03 pm »

==> Pick up chest and hurl it at the eastern door. If it fails to break, then simply open it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2011, 05:38:38 pm »

Indicate a fondness for magma as well, noting its fine elf-roasting properties.  Inquire if they would trade some of their quality arms/armor for the pistol.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2011, 05:42:52 pm »

Uh...Thank FluffyFluffstein, and...I guess search the room for whatever? Let Mr. Fluffnutter kill the rest of the plants too! Oh, my slime can help as well.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2011, 05:50:28 pm »

==> Pick up chest and hurl it at the eastern door. If it fails to break, then simply open it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I recognize you from elsewhere :P I forgot though...

You pick the chest up and throw it at the eastern door/wall! [25] It fails to break and drops to the ground with a resounding clunk. You go to the chest and crack it open, [45] finding it is actually a Chest Mimic!

Indicate a fondness for magma as well, noting its fine elf-roasting properties.  Inquire if they would trade some of their quality arms/armor for the pistol.

You mention your fondness for magma, especially its magmaness and its elf-kill-y-ness. [14] The dwarves believe that you are a elven spy - else, how would you know their SECRET WEAPON ...? They mutter among themselves, before one dashes off somewhere. You ask to trade, but the dwarves will not let a tree-hugger infiltrate their sacred supplies...even indirectly.

What to do?!

Uh...Thank FluffyFluffstein, and...I guess search the room for whatever? Let Mr. Fluffnutter kill the rest of the plants too! Oh, my slime can help as well.

[30] Fluffy is snapped up by a man-eating catnip!

[75] Electric slime quickly dispatches the offending catnip plant, curing it of its life and saving Fluffy before he is digested!

[62] You notice an abundance of fertilizer in the room!

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2011, 05:54:44 pm »

Outnumbered- time to run!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2011, 05:56:42 pm »

Outnumbered- time to run!

Thou art in a pit.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2011, 05:58:55 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I recognize you from elsewhere :P I forgot though...

You pick the chest up and throw it at the eastern door/wall! [25] It fails to break and drops to the ground with a resounding clunk. You go to the chest and crack it open, [45] finding it is actually a Chest Mimic!

On Bay12? Failcannon, Hellcannon, or Swordthunders?

Outside of Bay12?

==> Inflict majorly ironic pain upon the Chest Mimic for being a poser.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2011, 06:00:59 pm »

Keep Fluffy and Slime AWAY from the plants! I WILL dispose of them myself. Just, uh...Don't go near them. Maybe, er, poison the fertilizer and then feed it to them?

HOW COULD YOU LET FLUFFY GET EATEN? Man-eating plants, not kitten-eating plants! Argh!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:02:35 pm by Dave1004 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2011, 06:03:14 pm »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2011, 06:08:10 pm »

Climb out first, then!

[2] You slip and slide back where you started. Your record is 3.9 inches!

On Bay12? Failcannon, Hellcannon, or Swordthunders?

Outside of Bay12?

==> Inflict majorly ironic pain upon the Chest Mimic for being a poser.

Probably Failcannon or Hellcannon ;3

[16] You attempt to inflict major ironic pain, but ironically you are bitten for [9] damage!

91 hp left!

Keep Fluffy and Slime AWAY from the plants! I WILL dispose of them myself. Just, uh...Don't go near them. Maybe, er, poison the fertilizer and then feed it to them?

HOW COULD YOU LET FLUFFY GET EATEN? Man-eating plants, not kitten-eating plants! Argh!

Using groups, Man includes kittens includes insect eating plants :-0 You know, that two-pronged fork?

[58] A catnip plant attempts to bite you, but it misses! You kick the crap out of the catnip plant!

[97] You feed fertilizer to all the plants, and they die of .... over-nutrition! Yet you have not received a gift yet, meaning there is more to this room... perhaps like the Man Behind the Curtain in the Wizard of Oz?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2011, 06:09:14 pm »

Climb out, with 100% less failing this time.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44