Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 20  (Read 15989 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 3
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2011, 04:08:13 pm »

Action: Drivvers closes the trapdoor. No matter who is in or out.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 4
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2011, 05:39:13 pm »

Turn 4

freeformschooler/Smathers [3]
Smathers looks for any weapons he could use, but finds none. It can be concluded that rolls of 3 are boring.

Dave1004/Crass [6]
Crass drinks the green potion that Drivvers found. And finds that it is a potion of strength and slugishness, Giving +2 to strength rolls, but making the drinker ludicrously slow. With his newly lost speed he [1] runs down the trapdoor, and falls on the tigers head, somehow repeating past events and falling onto the dagger, causing it to fall out and slash the tiger for [1d6=1] damage and causing him to bleed for 1 HP, which (2) stays bleeding.

Maxinum McDreich/Skits [5]
Skits grabs the potion of revival and the bomb, and hops down the trapdoor to revive Max. Somehow he pulls it off and Max is revived with full health. He attempt to throw the bomb at the tiger [1], but it explodes in his hand, dealing [2d5=6] damage to him and filling the air with smoke. Some shards fly at the tiger, dealing [1d5=4] damage to it.

Tiger/Tiger [6]
The tiger licks its wounds, stopping all bleeding and restoring 15 HP. Skipping a possible attack in the process.

Sinpwn/Max [1]
Max attempts to run away from tiger, but does the exact opposite and runs into it. It is truly a high speed collision and Max takes [1d5=1] damage and the tiger takes [1d5=5] damage. How the tiny chihuahua managed to take less damage than a tiger, is a mystery that will be left unsolved.

Dwarmin/Drivvers [1]
Drivvers attempts to close the trapdoor, but he closes it so hard that the trapdoor breaks over the tigers head dealing [1d5=2] damage. The tiger is also now covered in splinters. And is angry. Really, really angry. The tiger decides it is too old for this shit and gets some berserker rage.

WarthogDriver/The FLYING SQUIRREL [2]
The Flying Squirrel attempt to close the already closed and broken and technically nonexistant trapdoor. Instead he falls down the hole and takes [1d4=4] damage.

And then the GM says you all deserve at least 1 XP for all this crap. Thus, levels and +5 HP for everyone!

freeformschooler/Smathers
1) Kill all the big ones!
You hate those guys so damn much that you get +1 to hit or a +1 to the lower number in a damage roll.
2) Luck nonexistant.
You have such shitty luck that every 2 you roll turns into a critical failure and every 1 gives you double the good effect, and as such, you fail so hard that it starts going backwards.
OOC: Seriously, I looked through it. Every single roll was a 1 or a 2.
3) Life is Harsh
You get 2 natural DR. Life has been so hard for you, that your skin has become really strong.

Dwarmin/Drivvers
1)Backstabber
Your efforts at stabbing your team in back gives you a *2 damage modifier to stabbing anyone in the back. Like literally stabbing. I aint gonna give you bonuses for screwing over your own team. The difficulty of getting behind someone depends on the one you want to attack.
2)Paranoia
You get +1 against anything and everything that might suprise you. The counter-suprise trap is strong with this one.
3)Understanding
In your scaredness you have developed a bond with the magical amulet and can unleash its powers when the going gets tough.

Maxinum McDreich/Skits
1)Seeker of all the things.
Doubles the amount of things you find when searching. Phat lewt abounds.
2)Soul recollection
From staring at all those pieces of paper, you can now partly use the things the hermit knew. Gives you bonuses to alchemy and such.
3)Captain Squirrel
You get +1 on heroic actions. This is the first step to becoming a superhero, the next one is to get a spandex suit.

Dave1004/Crass
1)Potions, ahoy!
Negative potion effects are halved and rounded down and positive potion effects doubled. In addition you are immune to glass bottles falling on your head.
2)Shiny!
You finally get the magical ring you sought.
3)GTFO
Every 4 turns you can just GTFO and never speak of what was about to happen.

WarthogDriver/The FLYING SQUIRREL
1)Death from above.
You certainly have a knack for dropping things. You get +1 to the lower number in a damage roll, or +1 to hit while dropping things at people from above, or below if you pull it off.
2)Public speaker
Every 3 turns you can boost someone elses roll by 1.
3)Claireity
You get +1 to upgrading Claire.

(HOLY SHIT GODDAMN....erm...I lost power momentarily, and my computer shut down...luckily firefox saves shit...whew.)

Sinpwn/Max
1)Wait...I died?
Slowpoke. You dont even notice you died until the second time it happens every 5 turns.
2)Scary dog
You are so creepy that you get +1 to frightening things.
3)Revenge
You occasionally(50% chance) get angry when you are hit. So angry that you gain +1 to hit and +1 to the higher number in a damage roll.

Most of those are probably not balanced, but its 18 goddamn traits. Only choose your traits right now, since I have some messing around with stats and stuff to do, to make it easier to change them.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2011, 05:46:32 pm »

I'll pick the Potion, ahoy! perk, and KILL THE TIGER! Seriously, just blitzkrieg the bastard. Uh, also, wear that amulet as armor that I had found.

That +4 to strength rolls should murder it o_O
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:48:41 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2011, 05:47:55 pm »

LUCK NONEXISTANT. 2 DR is probably not going to help me too much as with a damage roll of 3d6 that's still 11/18 possible insta-kill rolls.

Jump on the tiger's neck and push the dagger in further.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2011, 05:51:23 pm »

it just healed 15 hp...
WHAT???

My job is done, get the fudge out of there. Once above, search for weapons, armour and potions.

Also, Seeker of all Things,
though Captain Squirrel was SOOOO tempting :P

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »

Give the tiger a death glare that says "You'd better just go hide in a corner, if you don't want me to return the favor."
Take Scary dog perk.

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2011, 06:08:27 pm »

Get out of the hut as fast as flying-ly possible and shut the door too!

3)Claireity
You get +1 to upgrading Claire. please

*edit* OOC:Sorta surprised good luck wasn't an option considering how much I got.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:59:03 pm by WarthogDriver »
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2011, 06:26:06 pm »

Action: Drivvers finds a cupboard and hides himself within it!

Taking...

3)Understanding
In your scaredness you have developed a bond with the magical amulet and can unleash its powers when the going gets tough.

Plot power abound!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 4.5
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2011, 06:17:32 am »

Patch notes for v.1.01

Shitty Daggers nerfed to 2d6, also affects similar weaponry
Shitty Longswords nerfed to 3d5, also affects similar weaponry
Spears now deal double damage to charging enemies.(calculated before DR)
Good hits no longer add a *1.5 damage modifier, but halve DR, rounded down.
Improvements to weaponry now add +1 to die roll size per improvement(eg, 2d6 becomes 2d7)

DR now affects every die. (eg 2d6 rolls 2 and 5, with 2 DR, 2-2=0, 5-2=3 0+3=3 damage for a total reduction of 4, damage cannot go negative, so some will be wasted under cetain circumstances)
If total reduced damage in an update is bigger than 50% of the defenders current health, they are staggered for a turn, losing all DR. This takes effect on their turn.

Found weapons now have a 1/3 chance of being improved upon being found. Upon a successfull roll, another roll is performed and so on. The amount of successful rolls is added behind the weapon as +X, and follows the standard improvement model.
Found armor now has a 1/6 chance of having improved DR. This works similarly to weapons.

Potions will no longer grow on trees. Consultations with scientists have shown us that fruit does instead. Hoard the darn things, its not like you are in this hut forever.
All locations now have a pool of findings. Once this pool has been exhausted, no more items except paper can be found.

There is now a difference between trait levels and stat levels. Trait levels are given out at the GMs discretion and when it makes sense. Stat levels are gained from XP and give health, natural DR, magic points or an item.

An update now stands for the period of time between someones turn and their next turn. Updates are resolved before turns are done.
A turn now stands for the period of time where someone does an action.

Install patch [Y/N]?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2011, 06:26:50 am »

[N]

>Begin uninstallation of Roll to be in a Hut.Exe [Y]

>Install Redneck Rampage? [Y]

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2011, 06:53:42 am »

Cannot uninstall Roll to be in a Hut.exe, as it is currently in use.

Installing Redneck Rampage. [34%]
[56%]
[89%]
[100%]
Redneck Rampage successfully installed.
Launching Redneck Rampage.
"An unexpected error has occured and Redneck Rampage.exe had to be closed."

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2011, 09:22:46 am »

[N] I like being able to find inf supplies. And I want to keep dropping daggers on stuff.
I think its fine as it is, no need to confuse me more than I am already.
Well the item pools a fair point, but I'd say it should be specific, for example if somebody searches the floor and finds some stuff exhausting the item pool It wouldn't make sense  for all the shelves to suddenly be bare. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:36:43 am by WarthogDriver »
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2011, 09:29:00 am »

[Y]
I think these changes are pretty good. It wouldn't make sense if we kept finding stuff in the same hut if we're there for hours, so I'm for it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2011, 09:34:06 am »

[Y] Yeah, give us a reason to move on.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2011, 10:15:39 am »

Statuses. Will update in half an hour approximately, so theres still a bit of time if you want to change your actions. I didnt write it down, but everyone gets a 1d6 attack by default.

1.freeformschooler
Spoiler: Smathers (click to show/hide)

2.Dwarmin
Spoiler: Drivvers (click to show/hide)

3.Maxinum McDreich
Spoiler: Skits (click to show/hide)

4.Dave1004
Spoiler: Crass the Deathbringer (click to show/hide)

5.WarthogDriver
Spoiler: *Unknown* (click to show/hide)

6.Sinpwn
Spoiler: Max (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiger (click to show/hide)

Tell me if you see anything odd.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15