Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 20  (Read 15976 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 17
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2012, 04:58:42 pm »

Search around for miscellaneous stuff. Regroup with Max.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2012, 05:11:19 pm »

Tiruin, you have a choice of 5 HP, 1 DR or a mid tier item(please specify). In case you didnt notice, I write stuff under the statuses sometimes.

Also, since everyone seems to have gotten used to their traits, I will be giving everyone trait levels sometime soon, possibly when someone does something awesome, so if you have a general request feel free to state it(especially you Tiruin, I wanna get you up to speed with everyone else) and I will ignore take it into consideration. And this time, it will be staggered rather than all at at the same time.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2012, 05:49:05 pm »

I think Smathers, being a self-appointed Slayer of Large Beasts, would probably fit with a weapon bonus or a beast-slaying bonus of some kind.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2012, 07:03:57 pm »

Screw that! Skits is the one with the tiger kill! :P

I'd certainly want that heroic trait, but searching's become so useful, I'd probably end up leveling one of my two current ones. But, I'll see how it goes :P

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2012, 07:22:02 pm »

a few ideas for max could be a temporary enrage/overdrive, or maybe development of the intimidation into something more unnatural.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2012, 10:51:37 pm »

Tiruin, you have a choice of 5 HP, 1 DR or a mid tier item(please specify). In case you didnt notice, I write stuff under the statuses sometimes.

Also, since everyone seems to have gotten used to their traits, I will be giving everyone trait levels sometime soon, possibly when someone does something awesome, so if you have a general request feel free to state it(especially you Tiruin, I wanna get you up to speed with everyone else) and I will ignore take it into consideration. And this time, it will be staggered rather than all at at the same time.
+1 DR!

((Also, request trait: Jumpy: Paranoia and shock have gotten to you, in a good way for once. Bonus to jumping(?) ))

Search the area for others...like me.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 18
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2012, 04:55:55 pm »

Turn 18

WarthogDriver/The FLYING SQUIRREL [6]
The Flying Squirrel makes the decision to escape. Being in the middle of combat is not the best place to be for a flying squirrel. He drags himself out from under the human and tree corpse and makes a run for it. The humans dont give crap about a squirrel running around, but the trees feel differently. The Flying Squirrel is noticed by a tree in his way, just as he was about to get away. The tree waits for the right moment, and then hits The Flying Squirrel as hard as he can. The Flying Squirrel takesl[1d6-1=2] damage and is hit airborne, after which he slowly glides back down onto the ground.
After landing, he plans and he plans. [negative] And he comes up with a plan that is not very good. How would hitting Claire against the ground, repeatedly, improve anything?

Note: Planning is unaffected by bonuses. Executing them isnt though.
        I have been allowing 2 actions(non-free) per turn, if the first roll is positive(4-6).

Dwarmin/Drivvers [2]
Drivvers can feel his necklaces power begin to run out.[errata in last update, Shielded wasnt taken into account or listed, but luckily it didnt change anything] He sits atop the tree, looking at the battle surrounding him. It would be really awesome to be able to control one of those things after burrowing into it. It would be like power armour, if a rat with the soul of a hermit, who exists in a medieval setting, would know what power armour is. Lets just call it an exoskeleton, so we dont get our settings mixed. Drivvers attempts to burrow down into the trees brain, so he bites down. He keeps digging, and digging and digging, until he finally burrows all the way through the tree and falls out. The tree does not seem to care and simply walks on. Drivvers does care, quite a lot, since he happened to fall on a rock and took [1d6-3=3] damage. Somehow falling on a rock pierces both armour and magical armour, who knew?

Sinpwn/Max [4]
Max consumes one of the healing meats and heals [2d6=3] HP. Not the best eating one must say. He then looks around for more. Stll hungry, still hurt, still need more stuff. [3] And all he finds is paper. Always paper. When will the paper end? Quite a large dissapointment. But then again, it would be odd if a knight were to have his pockets filled with meat, which he would then spill over the battlefield to feed tiny dogs and rats.
[4] Max is very dissapointed in this trip into the middle of battle. He only got crushed once and found only paper. He calmly strolls to the edge of the battle. Trees fall and humans run around him, but this was such a huge dissapointment, that he does not care. He walks back to the main group, but is dissapointed in them too.

Maxinum McDreich/Skits [negative]
Skits comes up with a plan that is quite similar to The Flying Squirrels plan. By which I mean it sucks. There really isnt any long description to do about this. There was already a dead guy though, crushed by a dying tree, but its in the middle of battle. It itself isnt fighting, but the general area around it could be considered a combat zone, which is hard to escape from.

freeformschooler/Smathers [3]
In a show of sheer medicority, Smathers fails at finding anything, not even an acorn. It is questionable whetever there are acorns in this forest. The exact tree species havent really been stated. Perhaps they would be best left unstated, simply for the sake of simplicity. Smathers even looked under a few rocks, but still nothing. Not even a single worm. Its really weird how this forest doesnt seem to have anything if you fail at searching, but contains a bunch of stuff if you are good at searching. It doesnt really make sense, but then again, this place isnt known for not being weird.

Tiruin/Feren [6]
Feren looks around some more. He has a telepathic connection with a bunch of other rodents and stuff, but he doesnt know exactly where they are in relation to him. He searches the place, dodging trees and humans alike. Finally he finds what he was looking for, a flying squirrel, which was instantly catapulted by a tree into the forest and then glided safely down. Feren ran in the direction of his landing, but was noticed by the same tree that launched the one he was looking for. Feren attempted to dodge its attack, but its still hit him and dealt [1d6-1=5] damage to him. Feren was launched in the same direction, and managed to pull an awesome spinny thing, where he rolled to his destination from the momentum that the tree gve him.

Humans: [1]
Trees: [6]
Somehow the humans managed to get hit in a such a way and and the trees in such a way that they were left open for a counterattack. Every single one did that. It really doesnt make any sense, but it happened. One might suspect it was highly trained choreography, a freak accident, or some sort of herd instinct. [1d6-1=2] humans died from being hit, but [5] many trees were killed and they were pushed back, allowing for the humans to rest a bit and wait for reinforcements.

1.freeformschooler
Spoiler: Smathers (click to show/hide)

2.Dwarmin
Spoiler: Drivvers (click to show/hide)

3.Maxinum McDreich
Spoiler: Skits (click to show/hide)

4.Tiruin
Spoiler: Feren (click to show/hide)

5.WarthogDriver
Spoiler: *Unknown* (click to show/hide)

6.Sinpwn
Spoiler: Max (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Common pool (click to show/hide)

Feren and The Flying Squirrel have learned much from being catapulted by a tree.

In case you have forgotten, you can pick one of these 3, or any of the earlier ones you have been given a choice of.

Feren:

1)Not the Fearful Kind: Okay, thats a lie. Waking up in the middle of battle has its effects, like training someone to punch anything that scares them. Upon the first time you are attacked by someone, you get a counter attack, free of charge.
2)Spin to Freedom: Spin, spin, spin, spin, oh god I think im gonna be si*blargh*. You can escape from battle as a free action, but only directly after being hit.
3)Jumpy: Holy crap I just woke up in the middle of a fight holy fuck is that a walking tree, nope, not gonna stay in its way. You gain +1 to dodge, but only when the attack in question is quite slow, such as charging bulls, claymores, and cancer.

The Flying Squirrel:
1)Upgrading is my King: Upgrade all of the things. Potentially also upgrades, but that would be a bit odd. You gain +1 to all upgrading, but it does take resources to upgrade things.
2)Ammo for the Ones Who Drop Things: There is always something to drop on a person, potentially even yourself. Allows you to skip the search roll for ammo, and only use the find roll. But only if the thing will be used in the same turns. Dont want infinite resources, no, no we dont.
3)Hide in the Trees and Below the Rocks: You can run but you cant hide. Actually, you can fly, and you can hide. It would be silly to threaten you like that. You gain +1 to hiding in natural terrain, but also caves and extremely dirty houses.

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2012, 05:10:11 pm »

Quick Questions:Would the upgrade bonus stack with the Claireity bonus? Derp, I should read stuff properly instead of scanning it.
                         Does the ammo thing mean I am guaranteed to find an object to drop at all times?
                         Does a bad plan just cause a negative effect if you use it?

Screw it take the ammo related one. The +1 to upgrading stuff one

Scavenge the area and take from common pool anything that could be used as upgrade materials, including the bowtie If possible try to improve plan. Eat healing meat. (that's a free move in this case right?)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:32:00 pm by WarthogDriver »
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2012, 05:30:07 pm »

Action: Drivvers runs away and hides!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2012, 05:47:24 pm »

Add inventory to common pool and start creating a plan for the group to hijack a tree.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2012, 05:58:06 pm »

Ugh, poor planning was not needed.

So, Skits shall come up with a new plan to replace the old one!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2012, 08:34:47 pm »

((Going with Not the Fearful Kind))

Scavenge from the current area.

And...follow the flying squirrel's plan? What are we doing here anyway?!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2012, 02:13:21 pm »

Also follow the squirrel's plan.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2012, 02:25:01 pm »

What exactly does the flying squirrels plan entail?

Does everyone just pool all their stuff so the Flying Squirrel can upgrade them? Will the Flying Squirrel take everything for himself and build a mecha suit? Or did you both simply mean the squirrels AKA Skits' plan to search for things?

Also, I suggest you all pick a side. Its no fun if there is no side-picking.

Answers to the questions: 1) Yeeeees. 2) Guaranteed to find, but not guaranteed that it isnt a healing potion. 3) Its a stored roll pretty much. A plan that rolled a 2 would be treated as a 2 if it was used. I simply dont tell you specifics so you couldnt reroll until you get a 5 with every action you take.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:52:01 pm by cerapa »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2012, 02:31:34 pm »

Oh, yeah. I PICK THE HUMAN SIDE.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15