Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A most curious acquisition  (Read 6726 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: A most curious acquisition
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 01:08:05 pm »

I'm not quite sure how that pays respect to me and my magnificence...But hey, I'm not one to judge. Go ahead and honor my existence in whatever way you see fit.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 03:40:53 pm »

I would make a small glass box (1x1x1, windows on all sides, grates above and beneath, suspended in mid-air) for her. Beneath it, a wood furnace. Above, a pit into which elves are thrown, assuming they still come, now that their leader is caught. On the four sides the following: A meeting hall, a wood stockpile and carpenters shop, a room full of caged (wooden cages) elves and a magma reservoir.

Regarding DZA, I'd say I hear a revolution incoming. A revolution from a people who never even supported you. And if you say that nothing can defeat you, try saying that to our legendary hammertoad overlord with a brand new slade warhammer, just itching to try it out.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:43:13 pm by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 03:44:43 pm »

I never got that wallet back :(

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2011, 04:17:50 pm »

Revolt all you want. Maybe then you'll realize how pointless it is to go against a force that is as natural and unstoppable as the flow of time itself.
And, as redundant as it is to mention, it is true that nothing can defeat me. And that is because I am EVERYTHING.

I wouldn't mind taking several blows from that lovely hammer you've got there. Allow the hammertoad to strike until his heart's content, if he so wishes. Though I can be struck down for a time, I will only rise again, and again, and again.

ENABLING ANTI-DERAILMENT PROCEDURE:
If, by chance, you have had trouble collecting enough precious materials to build my shrine, and therefore have yet to complete it, dedicating the elf princess' life to the teaching and praising of my unfathomable glory is perfectly acceptable as well.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2011, 04:48:54 pm »

I'd like to point out that I have a generic shrine you could possibly use. I was planning on using for a FB but if you were to inhabit it, I suppose I could spend the time to catalog you and conduct behavioral studies. Sadly there isn't enough of you to breed for a number of generations to get the imperfections out, and the Napoleon complex needn't be highlighted, but you will be studied none-the-less. On the plus side, I think I may have isolated the Noble syndrome. I'm also shocked that it's spread to the bay12. This will need to be rectified.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2011, 05:08:10 pm »

On the plus side, I think I may have isolated the Noble syndrome. I'm also shocked that it's spread to the bay12. This will need to be rectified.

Why is Necro banned now that we need him?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2011, 05:10:01 pm »

On the plus side, I think I may have isolated the Noble syndrome. I'm also shocked that it's spread to the bay12. This will need to be rectified.

Why is Necro banned now that we need him?

Sods Law
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2011, 05:17:12 pm »

That sounds absolutely splendid. I would love to assist you with your research, I'm sure it would be very amusing for the both of us.

Of course, if I am going to stay at your fortress during these studies, it won't exactly be your fortress anymore.
Shrines are built to honor me, not house me. And while I'm sure you have put an admirable amount of effort into it, I can assure you that giving up control of your fortress to me is entirely for the best. In fact, I would even be generous enough to give you the position of mayor for a while.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2011, 05:20:04 pm »

That sounds absolutely splendid. I would love to assist you with your research, I'm sure it would be very amusing for the both of us.

Of course, if I am going to stay at your fortress during these studies, it won't exactly be your fortress anymore.
Shrines are built to honor me, not house me. And while I'm sure you have put an admirable amount of effort into it, I can assure you that giving up control of your fortress to me is entirely for the best. In fact, I would even be generous enough to give you the position of mayor for a while.

...And that's why they call him Xerxes.

Wait.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2011, 05:34:05 pm »

Ah, I think I'll pass on the mayoral title. Feel free to wear that hat.
As for having my fortress, your more than welcome to control the fortress. I have a number of monitoring stations still set up from my experiments in dworf behaviour in regards to assaulting forces. The bassilica of the greats would make a brilliant throne room by the way. There's already a marble artifact throne so that issue is fixed. Easy path to the gates to allow easy access to sieges and trading. You will have to surrender control of all the levers, we wouldn't want you to have to expend energy in the petty mechanical control of the fort. I'll have those set up in the observation tunnels. Did I mention that you won't be the first major beastie? Theres a collosus housed behind the messanine, inside the quarantine zone. Be sure to say hello.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2011, 06:24:15 pm »

A colossus, you say? Should make for interesting company.

Well it seems like all is sorted out then, everything should go along smoothly, and without incident. Know that your willingness to cooperate is greatly appreciated.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2011, 04:34:56 am »

I'm seeing a disturbing amount of elf-hate in this thread.

Need I remind any of you unbelievers what an elf can become?
I do indeed. Cacame is a fine example of dwarf/elf relations. an elf with magma for blood and a candy soul. the elf I have captured, unfortunatly is no Cacame though. maybe use her as a sacrifice to his might?

Did you confirm that this elf princess is in fact a she?
seeing as how I havent looked at this thread since I posted last night, I have taken the liberty of checking. she is indeed a woman. the thought of male princesses is a disturbing one.

WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE LEARN THAT GENDER SHIFTING ELVES ARE EROTIC!?

Now i'm doing referencing American Dad i will give a valid suggestion.

I'd turn them into a zoo. What else is more exotic to a dwarf and his family than the polar opposite of the species? I'd love to have a pet giant amoeba, this is basically what this is! Well, with more salcious curves, pouty full lips and an ass you could bounce a penny off but the point stands, the dwarves don't like that sort of thing. Not stocky, hairy, alcoholic or insane enough for eroticism. Why do you think tentaclebeasts get more dwarven action? Logic!
0_0

Im leaning towards releasing her at the top of my "tower of many colors." when its just about done, ill put her cage on top rigged to be opened at the pull of a lever. unfortunatly, this would mean that I could not cap the tower with what I had planned on topping it with, a black bronze statue of the fortresses founder. of course that would mean I would have a hostile creature roaming free on top of my first semi-mega project... I could also go whole hog and build something REALLY cool. hm, what creature can I unleash on the princess that would do almost no harm. its gotta be small,  something that can kill her over the coarse of years. even better idea, what raws would I have to alter in order to make taming and enslaving an elf possible? I know about changing stuff to make slavery accepted in other cultures, but....
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2011, 04:38:14 am »

That's entity changes so you'd have to regen a new world.
A small number of hoary marmots/rabbits/cavies should kill her slowly unless she kills them first. Afterwards drop in a cat or two.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2011, 06:44:28 am »

errrrrr. bad news. cock up. the details are rather embarrassing. if you really want to know, I accidentally had her atom smashed. I ordered her dumped but forgot to mark the cage itself to not be dumped. what a waste of a perfectly good hostage... and the error was so easy to prevent... sorry folks.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2011, 06:45:58 am »

DAMMIT SALT! YOU CAN'T GO AROUND ATOM SMASHING ALL THE DIPLOMATS!!!

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4