Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: "Our Tavern Of Mercy" Dorfish hospital.  (Read 7094 times)

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Our Tavern Of Mercy" Dorfish hospital.
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2011, 04:50:13 pm »

Ongly problem i ever had with hospitals beside the cheif medical dorf being eather a rethard or a sadist bastard. was that once i didnt have enough containers for all the goods the hospital needed so they would fill it with threads but take no cloth or soap. but it solved it self when i built two more containers and had a total of 3. hope it helps.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2011, 05:11:23 pm »

Ongly problem i ever had with hospitals beside the cheif medical dorf being eather a rethard or a sadist bastard. was that once i didnt have enough containers for all the goods the hospital needed so they would fill it with threads but take no cloth or soap. but it solved it self when i built two more containers and had a total of 3. hope it helps.

Ermm... What?

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 05:13:14 pm »

Designate legendary butcher as Chief Medical Dwarf.

Turn on all health labours.

Train on gravity migrants.

Butcher is now legendary doctor.

???

Profit.
Also, traction benches adjacent to beds.
I once had a fort where this was actually the case, except the dwarf was a legendary butcher (from going through all the goblins with ethics modded) and his doctoring skills didn't really match up to his main skill.

I guess a magma shower would work, but the risk of your valuable military dwarves/useless migrants dying from blood loss is a big risk.

So far the most reliable way is a syndrome, and that is DEFINITELY not a reliable way ;P

Still, it is !FUN!, and it involves a megabeast, biological warfare and supersoldiers.

I wonder if there's a mod out there that lets you buy barrels of various syndromes from gnomes. Besides gnomeblight.

One more reason to look forward to the next version: this is the kind of thing that will be modded in almost immediately... into your booze or food. Now you can have plump helmets rot all the fat off your dwarves so you don't have to fear fire!
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 05:15:46 pm »

I don't want their fat to rot off, I want all of their skin, fat and eyes to melt off. Difference :P

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 05:27:48 pm »

I don't want their fat to rot off, I want all of their skin, fat and eyes to melt off. Difference :P
Minor detail, considering you didn't also mention you wanted your dwarves to become 3 times faster, grow twice as big and have extra large hands while all that rot happens.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2011, 05:35:41 pm »

Minor detail, considering you didn't also mention you wanted your dwarves to become 3 times faster, grow twice as big and have extra large hands while all that rot happens.

So...a horrific mutagen instead? Why not just introduce some fucking genestealers and hold the patriarch hostage?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2011, 05:52:33 pm »

I hope that someday Tarn allows for a syndrome to induce the production of a custom fluid in the infected creature.

This syndrome, Red Mania, induces insanity (any type), rots the skin and eyes out, increases strength tenfold, and replaces the infected's puss with Red Mania.

Zombie outbreak, anyone?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2011, 05:54:51 pm »

I hope that someday Tarn allows for a syndrome to induce the production of a custom fluid in the infected creature.

This syndrome, Red Mania, induces insanity (any type), rots the skin and eyes out, increases strength tenfold, and replaces the infected's puss with Red Mania.

Zombie outbreak, anyone?

Umbrella Fortress: Resident Arseholes
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2011, 06:42:38 pm »

Why would I want them to be faster and the size of a colossus? They'd be unstoppable. And if I can't kill them, there's a problem.

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 06:01:23 am »

Oh my. The derailment.
Indeed.

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 06:49:01 pm »

Considering you all seem obsessed with the skin and eye melting, I recently captured a FB that occasionaly releases a cloud of skin/eye rotting dust. It's kept safe in a room sealed by two flood gates. One is the way we thre it in, and the other is on the floor and leads to a half finished gas pipeline leading to the meeting room.
Indeed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 07:27:28 pm »

Considering you all seem obsessed with the skin and eye melting, I recently captured a FB that occasionaly releases a cloud of skin/eye rotting dust. It's kept safe in a room sealed by two flood gates. One is the way we thre it in, and the other is on the floor and leads to a half finished gas pipeline leading to the meeting room.

It would make a nice re-contamination shower for your hospital. Bonus point if you manage to break your nobles legs and get 'em locked in place on a traction bench.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 11:22:27 pm »

in my first epic fort i had a noble that asked for nothing but the ban of export of bucklers (AWSOME FORT), sadly one day he got stuck in a door ( ??? ) when a titan came the dwarf was knocked out of the door and infected with a syndrome that ate the fat, flesh, eyes, and hair, sadly that fort had a tantrum spiral that ended the fort so i could not experiment with it (this was before i knew about df wiki and the forums  :'( ), so before the fort ended (during the tantrum spiral) i made him a military captain and he was the best dwarf i ever had (note: i did not know how to use hospitals  back then, he was still in extreme pain and very prone to the tantrum spiral because of his unhappiness with the pain) soon after he went insane and killed everything i threw at him (iron armor on a volcano fort, very  useful for sane dwarfs, very dangerous for insane dwarfs) and he went and destroyed a flood gate that was keeping lava from flooding my fort, everyone soon was like him, skinless, face less, and fearless.... that was the best fort i ever had and the best fort ending i ever had (didn't take long for everyone too die from the lava though :P  they suffocated before they burned mostly)
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2011, 12:51:03 am »

in my first epic fort i had a noble that asked for nothing but the ban of export of bucklers (AWSOME FORT), sadly one day he got stuck in a door ( ??? ) when a titan came the dwarf was knocked out of the door and infected with a syndrome that ate the fat, flesh, eyes, and hair, sadly that fort had a tantrum spiral that ended the fort so i could not experiment with it (this was before i knew about df wiki and the forums  :'( ), so before the fort ended (during the tantrum spiral) i made him a military captain and he was the best dwarf i ever had (note: i did not know how to use hospitals  back then, he was still in extreme pain and very prone to the tantrum spiral because of his unhappiness with the pain) soon after he went insane and killed everything i threw at him (iron armor on a volcano fort, very  useful for sane dwarfs, very dangerous for insane dwarfs) and he went and destroyed a flood gate that was keeping lava from flooding my fort, everyone soon was like him, skinless, face less, and fearless.... that was the best fort i ever had and the best fort ending i ever had (didn't take long for everyone too die from the lava though :P  they suffocated before they burned mostly)

Yet more proof Dwarves are actually functioning citizens when they don't have eyes. Maybe that's where they store the copious and lethal amounts of alcohol...

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2011, 01:07:06 am »

Yet more proof Dwarves are actually functioning citizens when they don't have eyes. Maybe that's where they store the copious and lethal amounts of alcohol...

Wood alcohol. Next update, that is a must for personal modding. Dwarves who drink it lose their eyesight. Just bring wood to the still, my minions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol#Toxicity
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4