Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: "Our Tavern Of Mercy" Dorfish hospital.  (Read 7090 times)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: "Our Tavern Of Mercy" Dorfish hospital.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 06:09:38 pm »

Magma showers FTW!

...It solved the rot problem.

Hmmm... that might actually be true..
I mean, its possible to shower a dwarf just enough that they live, but have all their fat burned off (thus becoming fireproof).
I wonder if the  removal of all skin helps with rot too.

ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!

This happened to a few of my militia Dwarves, all of their skin melted off and rot began to settle in. Epic medical response ftw, but apparently it is possible to remove all of a Dwarf's skin, and they'll still be able to live normally afterwards... Minus maybe eyesight. Also, I've had a Dwarf drown in magma.

:o

See syndromes removing all skin and fat layers leaving armies of skinned psychopaths who kill to make the pain go away and steal the skin of their foes! ..>.>
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 06:48:20 pm »

Not quite, after the medical dwarves did what they did best, I ended up with Dwarves where 95% of their description was large scars. And all of their limbs were constantly in the yellow.

They were walking scars o-o

I suddenly feel very sorry for the creatures that fought me. They were fighting eyeless moving scars.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 06:52:38 pm »

Not quite, after the medical dwarves did what they did best, I ended up with Dwarves where 95% of their description was large scars. And all of their limbs were constantly in the yellow.

I suddenly feel very sorry for the creatures that fought me. They were fighting eyeless moving scars.

Like the Silent Hill nurses!
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 06:56:09 pm »

With added battle axes, shortswords, spears and booze :P

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 06:57:25 pm »

Like nurses from Northern England!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 07:02:26 pm »

AYE! THE VERY BEST!!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 07:19:56 pm »

Battle axes? shortswords? Spears? Booze?

NAY!
entrails and dwarf blood are the sole weapons of the truly dwarven!

(entrails are the weapon, dwarf blood is the source of alcohol)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 07:24:20 pm »

NAY!

These guys were blind. They killed entire sieges by themselves.
If they could see their entrails, they would probably use them to choke people to death. By shoving them down their throats.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 07:37:55 pm »

NAY!

These guys were blind. They killed entire sieges by themselves.
If they could see their entrails, they would probably use them to choke people to death. By shoving them down their throats.

Ya know, blindness could actually be extremely useful for melee soldiers. Keep the soldiers from charging out of the place they were supposed to defend. Does the magma shower blind pretty reliably? that could be really very useful...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 08:00:24 pm »

I guess a magma shower would work, but the risk of your valuable military dwarves/useless migrants dying from blood loss is a big risk.

So far the most reliable way is a syndrome, and that is DEFINITELY not a reliable way ;P

Still, it is !FUN!, and it involves a megabeast, biological warfare and supersoldiers.

Not dorfy enough? :P

And the Dwarves don't charge blindly into combat. This is a gain and a loss - you have to micromanage them.
<3 teh micro

MICRO IN DF.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 08:33:33 pm »

no both magma showers and diping dont reliably blind.
a syndrome is the fastist and best way to blind, it can be short term and is quicker than the old two black eyes trick.
is there a down side to full body numbness?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 10:59:35 pm »

no both magma showers and diping dont reliably blind.
a syndrome is the fastist and best way to blind, it can be short term and is quicker than the old two black eyes trick.
is there a down side to full body numbness?

I wonder if there's a mod out there that lets you buy barrels of various syndromes from gnomes. Besides gnomeblight.

It would need some means of removing the syndrome from the barrel though, preferably remotely. Does a drawbridge work? I hear atomsmashing contaminants still leaves the contaminant.

Ya know what, I'll test that at Catchclasps. Just use a bridge and a few barrels of booze and blood.

Also gonna test whether cave-ins destroy raised bridges or open hatches. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Since I have cavecrocs (they reproduce like mad, with batches of 30-40 offspring), I can test the magma shower and quick extinguishing. See the rates of blindness and death for various durations of burn. Also see if 1/7 does different damage than 3/7. Anyone have an efficient means of keeping a pool at a certain depth?

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 11:09:00 pm »

For the sake of quickly dealing with injuries, I have a set up with like this:

BCB
BTB
BFB

The B's are beds, the c is a chest, and the f is either a bag or cabinet, in alternating groups.

This way if the doctor has to operate on several people, he can use one table, put them back in bed and grab the next patient. All supplies are right where he needs them, when he needs them.

With this set up if I have a doctor set up to haul vict... patients he can handle up to six in slightly more time thant it would take with 6 doctors having all of their own bays for healing.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2011, 12:28:49 am »

For the sake of quickly dealing with injuries, I have a set up with like this:

BCB
BTB
BFB

The B's are beds, the c is a chest, and the f is either a bag or cabinet, in alternating groups.

This way if the doctor has to operate on several people, he can use one table, put them back in bed and grab the next patient. All supplies are right where he needs them, when he needs them.

With this set up if I have a doctor set up to haul vict... patients he can handle up to six in slightly more time thant it would take with 6 doctors having all of their own bays for healing.

Beautiful! I'll make sure to play around with your fine design. It seems it could be expanded a bit with little cost to efficiency buy utilizing multiple levels. so something like this:

level 1: BBB
           BVBW
           BBB

level 2: FTF
           TXTW
           FTF

level 3: BBB
           B^BW
           BBB

Where B=bed, V=downstairs, T=table, F=container, ^=upstair. W=well. multiple wells can stack above one another.

Multiple tables allows for multiple doctors to handle the sick bay, as is often needed when some people are better surgeons, bone-setters etc. Though training this all into one might be a good thing. You always want good surgeons though, to reduce the number of dwarves succumbing to disease.

The more beds and tables crammed into a small space the better, tho, due to the buggyness of healthcare. Sometimes a dwarf will take a bed for a long while. If you only have six, that could cripple your healthcare fast.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2011, 06:28:22 am »

You could easily mod in something that causes vapour syndromes that reliably rot all of the skin off your dwarves. I also realised it makes them feel no pain.

YESH YESH YESH

(The downside to no eyes is they rarely use their shields for anything but bashing, and they won't parry with their weapons)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4