Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: No  (Read 5689 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 11:52:41 am »

Dear flamoot, you are treating this forum thread like it's a programming blog. Half the posts made by others have been on trying to 'fix' how you use this thread, not on what your actual problem is. Your communication protocols are too different for most forum members to follow, as such you won't get much (if any) meaningful input to your problem.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

flamoot

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack was a Legomaniac.
    • View Profile
    • ansistego
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 12:17:57 pm »

I'd like to know what's wrong with it

It just segfaulted, it took almost an hour

It isn't the raws, it's dwarf therapist
Oh, someone finally died of thirst

Jack was a Legomaniac. Then they treated him with Thorazine. Now all he does is watch TV

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 12:25:21 pm »

The dwarf therapist thread if you want to ask for help about that program: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.0

It is very unlikely that Toady would help with this problem, as the problem was likely created by someone else's program.

flamoot

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack was a Legomaniac.
    • View Profile
    • ansistego
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 12:25:40 pm »

There's a whole protocol for getting bugged savegames looked at. I almost got it in but I went and nervously admitted I'd edited the raws thinking it mattered which it turns out it doesn't but now no-one will fix my twenty year old fortress with thousands of trapped goblins
Oh, someone finally died of thirst

Jack was a Legomaniac. Then they treated him with Thorazine. Now all he does is watch TV

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 02:29:28 pm »

This thread has actually been pretty fun. It's like you've been hastily sending a series of cryptic messages that I've had to decipher in order to uncover the mystery of what it is exactly you're talking about.

domomaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2011, 03:00:43 pm »

If it helps any, (which it probably won't) at least now you know the importance of backups before you screw around with the raws/Therapist.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2011, 03:02:38 pm »

Anyone else a little dizzy by going through this thread? Then think to themselves that unhappy Joker is the best avatar for the OP?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2011, 03:04:58 pm »

OP, a bit of Internet etiquette:

When you post on a forum, it's considered rude for the same person to post more than once in a row; this is called "double posting". If you need to add something to your post, you can look for the "edit" button on your post (most forums have one; this one does) and add to your first post. Once someone else has posted, you can post again.

Edit: Like this. The edit button on this forum is called "modify".

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 04:19:12 pm »

OP, a bit of Internet etiquette:

When you post on a forum, it's considered rude for the same person to post more than once in a row; this is called "double posting". If you need to add something to your post, you can look for the "edit" button on your post (most forums have one; this one does) and add to your first post. Once someone else has posted, you can post again.

Edit: Like this. The edit button on this forum is called "modify".

All of what this good person said. Please learn to use forums properly.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2011, 05:01:46 pm »

Can we get this thread locked and move on?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2011, 06:15:59 pm »

Can we get this thread locked and move on?

This.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2011, 07:01:47 pm »

I could imagine someone typing like this but about hiding a body or something.

You sound so nervous.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2011, 07:07:03 pm »

I pictured it more as a race against time thing. Like he's in a space station that that's about to explode, or an assassin just broke into his house and he can hear them approaching the door.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2011, 07:11:07 pm »

I pictured it more as a race against time thing. Like he's in a space station that that's about to explode, or an assassin just broke into his house and he can hear them approaching the door.

So he asks a bunch of sociopaths and kitten eaters to do anything but watch it, record it and post it on youtube with the caption "LOL" and a backing tune of a Benny Hill chase?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2011, 07:13:45 pm »

So he asks a bunch of sociopaths and kitten eaters to do anything but watch it, record it and post it on youtube with the caption "LOL" and a backing tune of a Benny Hill chase?

I love bay12.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5