Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: What's the origin of your avatar?  (Read 27747 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: What's the origin of your avatar?
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2012, 01:08:41 am »

I trimmed mine down a week or so ago to just Applejack (MLP), Daring Do (MLP), and Toph (Avatar). My personal favorites from the old rotation. 
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2012, 02:54:07 am »

The origin of my avatar is laziness? =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2012, 04:51:55 am »

Prequel, and my older avie from back in the days of yor, and random nonsense.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2012, 06:41:36 am »

My original picture was fan-art of Hamstone, but suddenly I noticed a certain thread going on and I said hello, and...one thing lead to another.  :D

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2012, 10:57:16 am »

I said hello, and...one thing lead to another.  :D
All good things start like this :)
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2012, 10:58:52 am »

I trimmed mine down a week or so ago to just Applejack (MLP), Daring Do (MLP), and Toph (Avatar). My personal favorites from the old rotation.

I only ever remember you when you are Toph.  :D  So many other MLP avatars that they kind of blur together for me.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2012, 11:06:20 am »

Well, Toph is all sorts of awesome.  The MLP avatars around these parts are all different from each other...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2012, 11:08:45 am »

I don't much mind blending in with the Herd. Or Swarm. Or Horde. Or whatever.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2012, 11:25:09 am »

I only ever remember you when you are Toph.  :D  So many other MLP avatars that they kind of blur together for me.

Same here :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2012, 10:44:59 pm »

Starsiege. One of the best motherfuckin' games of all time.

Used to be a beautiful Gryphon-esque, might bring it back later. I miss the purple.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »

It's from Mushishi, an anime series. I like Mushishi. Very relaxing.

I have mine on a rotation, but all come from the webcomic Sinfest.

Every time I try to view your avatar to actually see what's going on in it, it's changed! >:[
Yeah, it's supposed to change :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2012, 11:03:55 pm »

When viewing it under your name, I only ever see the 3D one, but when I rightclick and view image, it has different ones. Wonder why that is?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2012, 11:06:07 pm »

When viewing it under your name, I only ever see the 3D one, but when I rightclick and view image, it has different ones. Wonder why that is?
I haven't the foggiest idea. You might just be getting unlucky, as the one I see most often is the "rich bastard" image.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2012, 02:28:50 am »

I decided I needed a frog-related avatar, but didn't have any good frog photos lying around or the ability to draw frogs, thus necessitating the use of images from a source other than myself. So, in an attempt to conserve hipster points, I opted to use a prefab image from a certain cult video game rather than a prefab image from a search engine. With formal attire clumsily edited on, because that is what passes for creativity in Mr-Frog-Land.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2012, 02:31:30 am »

Fair few pictures I liked.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17