Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: What's the origin of your avatar?  (Read 27768 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the origin of your avatar?
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2012, 04:30:03 am »

one day I randomly I decided I wanted an avatar of people clapping, so it would look like people are clapping at what I had to say, So I took to the internets and found as many clapping gifs as I could find.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2012, 04:45:10 am »

one day I randomly I decided I wanted an avatar of people clapping, so it would look like people are clapping at what I had to say, So I took to the internets and found as many clapping gifs as I could find.
When you search for 'X', don't you always find as many 'X's as you can find?

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2012, 04:46:26 am »

When you search for 'X', don't you always find as many 'X's as you can find?

No, you can always find more, you just have to look harder,
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2012, 04:51:14 am »

It's not possible to find more than you can find. It is, however, possible to find less! So it still works as an intensifying statement: you got literally every clapping gif in existence, which is quite impressive.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #169 on: August 19, 2012, 06:42:02 am »

Wait, that GIF looks suspiciously like a comedian/entertainer in Korea...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 19, 2012, 10:51:04 am »

I originally had fan-art of Hamstone for an avatar because it looked awesome, but then I noticed the penguin thread...

Ever since the bandwagon stopped, I've been keeping mine.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 19, 2012, 11:49:22 am »

The penguins have the support of the ponies. Keep shining on, you crazy flightless avians.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

mcsafety

• Bay Watcher
  • ;p
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2012, 08:05:14 pm »

mine is my pokemon, he follows me around and does't go in the pokeball so instead he is

name: magmammal
type:  Fire/kangaroo
evoles into Magkingbird (and gets wings and beak, with flying type and a crown )
pokedox: Magmammal was just a kangaroo until one day he ate coal, and it was so hot he got hot and he wanders the land burning his footsteps.

he is going in the forums pokemon game :) :)
name: magmammal
type:  Fire/kangaroo
evoles into Magkingbird (and gets wings and beak, with flying type and a crown )
pokedox: Magmammal was just a kangaroo until one day he ate coal, and it was so hot he got hot and he wanders the land burning his footsteps.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2012, 10:17:08 pm »

My last avatar was a loling mantid typing on a computer, getting his troll on. Then, I somehow conned PlutoniumApe into making me this sweet new one of a giant mantis cutting a dwarf in half, which is badass. lolololo

Edit: It wasn't very clear as an avatar, unfortunately, so I went back to my default. Here's the OG picture, though!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:00:05 pm by Kamin »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #174 on: August 19, 2012, 10:50:45 pm »

My avatar comes from a painting of Stancyk, a Polish jester. It was when I was still developing my Internet name and went by The Troubled Fool. The name didn't stick, but the avatar did, though I have done some... minor modifications.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2012, 12:04:29 am »

Modifications you say? Of what variety?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2012, 01:00:43 am »

I remember it used to be a clean-shaven guy, but the original painting man features a beard.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2012, 01:19:32 am »

I had just been reading "the Scarlet Letter" In school, and was too embarrassed to try to get something actually resembling the character Slathazer.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2012, 05:03:43 pm »

A friend drew my avatar today she is a artist and went for a digital wolf tron style to match my name Scriptwolf

Here it is full size:

He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2012, 02:22:30 pm »

1.Steam name Blob
2.Google search Blob
3.???
4.PROFIT!!!