Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: What's the origin of your avatar?  (Read 27765 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's the origin of your avatar?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2011, 10:50:48 pm »

I am Mr. Bones. Villain/Devil/AntiHero (As in he is suppose to be the opposite of the hero that comes to oppose him because of *plot*)

He is a pretty Hoopy Frood, although the comic is in that sorta awkward almost dead state they go into and it does not have too many pages so I don't know a hell of a lot about anything. Apparently the world works on imagination and a hero is suppose to come and create, then Mr. Bones comes and unlocks the bad parts of the heroes imagination and uses it to kill the hero. They are suppose to be evenly matched, but Mr. Bones has the advantage that he is willing to do anything to win, and so he always has won in the past.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:54:16 pm by Criptfeind »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2011, 11:07:03 pm »

Mine are generally seals, related to the acronym in my name, "The Seal God". Research on the origin of this title is ongoing.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2011, 11:17:15 pm »

An episode of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law. For the holidays, I edited the background to be more festive.

The reason for it is from a thread in the upper forums mentioning a bear that drank all the alcohol in a fort. I ran with it by using this screenshot.

ha-HA, Bear with it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:23:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2011, 11:58:31 pm »

applesauce, in a fit of boredom, cobbled together this amazing SBaHJ version of my regular avatar, which is loface.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2011, 12:00:45 am »

My current avatar is the Outlaw Star from Outlaw Star.

My previous avatar was a symbol that I first made in like 6th grade or so. Since then I've basically used it everywhere as my own personal symbol, signing art with it and stuff. I even have a keychain of it from a laser-cutting class I was in at some point for reasons I no longer understand.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2011, 12:08:49 am »

Kadzar, I want you to know that that symbol looks like the saddest face in the world, with a vertical line drawn on it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2011, 12:25:50 am »

Yeah, I have often thought of it that way myself, even though it's supposed to be abstract.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 12:58:30 am »

I once had a symbol I used in the past (but I think it was included in the past as part of the strike), but it involved 3 rings, 3 points, and a triangle (3 lines), each of them connected together like an amulet of sorts. An outer ring, a middle ring where the 3 points and triangle meet with the inner ring inside the triangle. I nicknamed it "The Circle of Trinity" or something odd like that. It used to go along with my artwork like a signature as well. It was back during my crazy-creative days where I was almost constantly coming up with ideas for a uni-/multi-/meta-verse for a game/story/whaterver the crap I was going for (same source of the Deathmask and the red airship).

I might bring it back out sometime. I think I've lied low for long enough to bring it back up again. It was since last Leap Year since the incident last occurred. Considering 2012, and how far I've made it since then, what do I really have to lose anymore?

EDIT:
Looking back, I think that symbol was relevant to the story behind the -verse I was working on as well, as if it were a map to traverse multiple realities/timelines/universes, even interact in meta-verse levels. I think I put in tons of thought behind the symbol and how it's used. Would make a pretty kickass arcane symbol of sorts for those kinds of things.

Spoiler: Wayback Machine Rant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:41:08 am by Itnetlolor »

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2011, 01:54:42 am »

My last avatar was Heidi, the opposite sex alter-ego of a character from El Goonish Shive. A webcomic.

My current one is the SCARY FACE OF THE HIMALAYAS! from Europa Uninversalis 3. Here's a link to the original image:
http://l4.selb.us/l4cas1517.png
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2011, 02:15:08 am »

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri x Friendship is Magic.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2011, 02:36:29 am »

XKCD's Basilisk smiley.

Honestly, it's not even my favorute webcomic. I just saw that comic, and changed my IRC name to BSLSK05, and then someone made this avatar for me. It was years ago now. And it stuck. So I just keep it instead of looking for anything better.

Edit: Not entirely sure how I managed to mess this up originally considering the creature name I was referencing was right in the post...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:51:52 am by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2011, 08:31:43 am »

Mine are generally seals, related to the acronym in my name, "The Seal God". Research on the origin of this title is ongoing.

Seals for... The Seal God?  ???

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2011, 09:25:18 am »

Made by Inaluct during the great Various Nonsense uprising. It's based on my username. Not exactly sure what request I had, and the post has been lost to time unless someone has an accessible archived VN, but it went something along the lines of "a penguin that is honorable".

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2011, 10:00:43 am »

I love mths and physics jokes. Prior to this I had a snakes on an inclined plane pic I "borrowed" from a t-shirt website, but I bought the shirt so its all good.

This one was shared via facebook by a fellow nerd.

This is a blank sig.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2011, 11:03:51 am »

I love mths and physics jokes. ... This one was shared via facebook by a fellow nerd.
Cosby ...  pretty good.   ;D  If I'd had that one around when I was taking trigonometry, I might have been able to remember the darn formula.

Mine is me, attempting to look Dwarfy.  I made it for inclusion on the Bay12 Games donor list, and decided to use it as my avatar here.  My username is based on my name.  Also, someone once asked me who said what is in my sig.  I am the one who said it.   :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:06:54 am by slink »
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17