Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Mini RTD - Robo Battle! Of victory and defeat. [The end.]  (Read 7747 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Mini RTD - Robo Battle! Of fragility and WoW raids. [4/10]
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2011, 09:50:26 pm »

Why does my name keep up showing as white?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2011, 09:52:16 pm »

I use the default forum layout, and I'm lazy.  Ergo, I don't put color tags.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2011, 10:01:55 pm »

Action 1: I try to dodge out of the way of whatever he is firing at me.
Action 2: I try to use my railgun to jam the nail-pounder.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2011, 06:44:01 am »

Anti-tank missile is a go!

Then charge into close combat, give him a taste of my saw!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2011, 10:19:10 am »

Round 1 - Fight!

Fergus (Phacon) versus Dave1004 (Terranator):

The two combatants square off for battle.  At the starting whistle, Phacon immediately begins evasive maneuvers.  This is successful at throwing off Terranator's opening blast of his Hellbore Laser Cannon.  The cannon scores only a glancing hit for one damage, while the feedback deals one damage to Terranator.

Phacon then aims a shot of his Railgun at Terranator's secondary weapon.  His aim is true, but the shot is unable to cause damage.  The time he took to aim allows Terranator to close and fire his Nail-Pounder.  The aim is wild, and no shot connects for meaningful damage.

Phacon:  8/9 HP
Terranator:  10/11 HP

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound (CHARIOT) versus Darvi (Will-E)

At the whistle, both robots launch missiles at each other- Will-E's two small rack mount missiles and CHARIOT's massive anti-tank missile.  The smaller missiles impact first- the first is deflected by armor, but the second is able to inflict one damage.  Will-E is then rocked by the blast from the anti-tank missile- it deals two damage and damages his secondary weapon!  It'll be out for a little bit.

Will-E then begins evasive maneuvers as CHARIOT closes with his deadly saw.  Will-E's maneuvers ensure CHARIOT is unable to get in range to land a blow with the saw.

CHARIOT:  11/12 HP
Will-E:  7/9 HP - Secondary weapon unavailable for one more phase.  -1 next attack roll.

Turn 6:  Combat round 2!  The fight has begun!  What hot robot combat awaits us in the second round?

(Might want to check my math since this was the first combat turn.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Mini RTD - Robo Battle! Of aiming and dodging. [5/10]
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2011, 04:42:37 pm »

No-one wants to post their turn first, 'cause then their opponent can slaughter 'em with ease. I'll be PM-ing you my turn again.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2011, 05:28:48 pm »

I've just PMed you my turn as well.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2011, 01:51:03 am »

Well, I have nothing else to do so there's no point.

Close in and rip dat thing apart
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2011, 10:01:21 am »

Round 2 - Fight!

Phacon tries again to blast Terranator's backup weapon off with his railgun.  While it was able to inflict one damage, it was insufficient to affect the internals of the system.  Terranator jets backwards.

Phacon tries to catch up to Terranator, but it has too much of a lead.  Terranator takes the opportunity to line up a Hellbore blast, catching Phacon full in the chest and dealing three damage.  The feedback again damages Terranator for one damage.

Phacon:  5/9 HP
Terranator:  8/11 HP

CHARIOT lurches forward to carve Will-E into metal scrap, with Will-E barely able to dodge with the help of his pulse jets.

CHARIOT overbalanced a bit with its initial attack and was unable to follow up the attack before Will-E launches another missile salvo.  The first missile shoots wide, but the second is able to inflict one damage to CHARIOT.

CHARIOT:  10/12 HP
Will-E:  7/9 HP

Turn 7:  Combat round 3!  The final round!  Who will win?  Who will lose?  Who will be reduced to a pile of unrecognizable slag?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mini RTD - Robo Battle! Of jetting and balancing. [6/10]
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2011, 11:15:46 am »

Another helpful table:

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2011, 07:29:37 pm »

Waiting on Darrrrvi.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2011, 07:43:39 pm »

I was waiting for DH to post his action here again.

Guess I was mistaken.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2011, 09:05:46 pm »

It'd probably be a good idea if you posted to say you had PMed the turn.

Rolling.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2011, 09:39:54 pm »

Round 3 - Final round!

Phacon attempts to maneuver, but gains no benefit as Terranator is busy activating one of its two repair pods!  Terranator heals three!

Both sides then take aim and blast at each other.  Phacon's railgun is the first to fire, scoring a hit against Terranator for two damage!  Terranator's aim is knocked away from an attempt to immobilize Phacon, but manages to score several hits with the Nail-Pounder for three damage!

Match over on time!

One look at Phacon's battered frame against Terranator's few dings and the result is clear:

Terranator wins the round!

Phacon:  2/9 HP
Terranator:  9/11 HP

Will-E begins to unload its missile tubes at CHARIOT!  The first missile flies wide, and the second is deflected by the adaptive armor of CHARIOT, who has assumed a defensive position and activated its repair function.  CHARIOT successfully heals two!

Before Will-E's next two missiles have fired, CHARIOT has closed the distance and slammed its saw into Will-E's frame, dealing two damage!  The sudden charge causes both of Will-E's missiles to fly over CHARIOT's head!

Match over on time!

CHARIOT's adaptive armor just looks like it needs to be polished again, while Will-E is sporting new ventilation in its chest. 

CHARIOT wins the round!

CHARIOT:  12/12 HP
Will-E:  5/9 HP

The contestants all repair and rearm their robots while the crowds cheer on instant replays and watch side acts.  Before long, it is time for the final round.  Who will be the champion?

Code: (Bracket) [Select]
1:  Fergus  ------------\
                        |----  Dave1004 --------------\
2:  Dave1004  ----------/                             |
                                                      |
                                                      |---
                                                      |
3:  Digital Hellhound  -\                             |
                        |----  Digital Hellhound  ----/
4:  Darvi  -------------/

Fergus -----\
                      |---
          Darvi ------/

Turn 8:  Final round - FIGHT!

Everyone is repaired and reloaded, so go kick some shiny metal ass!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mini RTD - Robo Battle! Of repairs and missile swarms. [7/10]
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2011, 09:55:31 pm »

FFfffff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6