Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblins + Badgers + Gravity + Graphs == !!Science!!  (Read 3618 times)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins + Badgers + Gravity + Graphs == !!Science!!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 07:45:54 pm »

Link to previous falling science (2-8 z-levels only): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72385.msg1777923#msg1777923

I like the OP's method of data collection. In my research, I wasn't concerned with the number of drops till death, instead focusing on the chance of initial instant death. I found that about 20% of fallers suffer brain/skull damage and die instantly, while about 15% die of suffocation a few seconds after upper/middle spine fracture. The remaining 65% are able to crawl along bleeding, vomiting, and occasionally going unconscious - they would be eventually dropped again until dead. Also, some types of rigid armor (plate, greaves) can completely block fall damage to the torso under certain circumstances. Also, creature size/weight doesn't affect fall damage or survival but the number of arms/legs/body parts does (i.e. the badger has an survival advantage in falling over the goblin because it has a tail!).
Pages: 1 [2]