Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge a Trap  (Read 6806 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge a Trap
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2012, 02:04:57 pm »

"Well Elyssia, I guess you're coming with me. Heh, don't worry. We can do this, eh? C'mon, maybe we'll find something interesting." Head to where the road was and head the direction the burned knight was going.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2012, 10:20:08 pm »

Archerin thought long and hard- which took about a couple of seconds in real time, about what he would do next. This was still a dungeon, no doubt, but it was very magical. He had to learn even the most basic of magics to get himself through.

Were the people in here real?...

Approach the Priestess. Apologize for any misunderstanding. Ask if I could help her in anyway, if not, then ask for directions out of here. Also, try to learn from her.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2012, 10:45:18 pm »

Try to free myself again.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2012, 12:13:13 pm »

Name: Derm: Watch out for the Knights who say Ni! Considering how crazy things have been of late, you decide that following the road will hopefully lead you to somewhere decent. Preferably not a place that was burned down and turned into a Demon's bitch. You smile softly at Elyssia, and tell her that you'll be going somewhere hopefully safe. She jumps up and walks behind you, which is probably a good sign. You decide that now would be a good time to find that road! After a bit of searching, you...[5] Find it surprisingly fast! You must be a better tracker than you had thought originally, especially in this strange forest. Nevertheless, you start down the road, all the while...[6] Whistling a merry tune. Elyssia seems to like it, but her face is still more or less a mask of stone. You observe that there's something very strange going on with this forest. Your gut tells you that...It's probably how the trees are swaying. That's a weird wind.

While wandering down the road, time starts to drift away, until...[Travel Event: 17] you hear a loud crack! The sound comes from the left, and you instinctively...[1] Stand there, staring at the noise. Elyssia moves behind you, and you wait...There's no other noises, so you go and quietly peer into the bushes from whence the sound came from. To your surprise, there's a sort of bag there! It looks quite bulky, and made of fine leather. What should you do?

Name: Arc: She's bald, dude. Totally not worth your time You begin musing on the workings of this dungeon, and mostly on what the hell is going on. Learning a spot of magic would help incredibly, and there's only one magic-user around here that you can see...With a slight grumble, you decide to approach said magic-user, and hope to learn some lessons.

You walk up behind her, and tap her on the shoulder. You proceed to ask her...[6] very, very nicely. Actually, you almost sound sickeningly sweet to yourself.

"Excuse me. Thanks for saving me back there, things...Didn't look too hood. I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything."
"Er...Yes, that's fine. I've never liked that guy, he always drinks too much, and then breaks things. And why are you apologizing?"
"I thought...Nevermind. You see, I'm stuck here with nothing to do. I wanted to explore the world, but...I'm not really warrior material."
"So, what you're saying is..."
"Yes. Could I help you in any way? The only thing that I would want in return, is to learn a bit of magic to help myself."
"Magic isn't something that's really just...Taught. You're either born with it, or not. Still, even if you're not born with it, most can cast a few basic spells."
"That's all I ask for. I take it that that is a yes?"
"Here. Let me cast a simple Detect Magic skill on you..." [6]

The priestess swirls her hands around, and lightly touches you on both shoulders. She closes her eyes for a moment, then...Suddenly jumps back! You see that her palms are slightly singed, and she has a slightly scared look on her face. She smooths out her emotions shortly although, and looks at you.

"I'm not going to lie...You have a lot of magic in you. Probably more than I do...You must be the son of some great wizard."
"That's...Good, I take it?"
"Yes. It's very good, if you want to learn a thing or two of the Mystic Arts. You know what? I will teach you. This world needs more wizards."
"Thanks! When do we start?"
"First, you can go get me some ale."
"But I have no coins..."
"Oh, right. Here, use the copper that you gave me. You can buy yourself one too..."

You pocket the quarter, and get up, heading towards the bar. Everything in your mind is just a blur right now...You? A wizard? Don't be silly...But, who are you to know? Could the Priestess by lying to you?...Your gut doesn't seem to care about anything but food and booze right now. Oh, well...What should you do next?

Name: Nassir: I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going Struggling against the vine, you exude every effort to escape!...[4] You only manage to loosen yourself, but that helps for now. You're not being drawn in again yet, but it still hurts. The good news is, Gorlisk just came crashing out of the bushes! He saunters up the plant thing, and draws his dagger. For a moment you think he's going to gut you, but he just hacks at the vines holding you. They quickly retract back inside the plant, and you fall to your knees. After a few ragged gasps, you thank the goblin, and get on your feet. He just nods, and tells you to watch out...These forests aren't exactly safe. You head back to the camp, and decide to get some sleep...

After falling asleep, you dream about...[4] A nice castle, full of happy people. Everybody is running around serving the King, all the while eating food and drinking wine. Not much else goes on, and you're quickly awoken by Gorlisk. He whispers that you have to get up now, or else bad things are going to happen. With a start, you jump to your feet, and look at him quizzically. It's early morning right now, still dark out. You can hear a crashing and grunting a ways behind you, and you see now why the Goblin had awoken you. He ushers for you to follow him, and you do so...

You both reach what seems to be a fast-flowing river, and Gorlisk curses in the foul goblin tongue. The noise is still behind you, and catching up...What should you do?

Spoiler: Urist Mcinternetuser (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2012, 12:15:35 pm »

Poke it with the stick to check for a reaction. Then open it with the stick.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2012, 07:19:42 pm »

Dave was banned, so he can't continue this. Someone could certainly reboot it, though. I don't have the free time or interest.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2012, 07:21:06 pm »

Ninja'd :(

This thread is now good-as-locked, and will be so until further notice.

I'd like to say that dave1004 was a good man, and I trust he will always be watching over us :'(

</obituary>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2012, 07:43:26 pm »

What did he get banned for?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2012, 07:47:47 pm »

Apparently, bigoted remarks. (Can someone find them?)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2012, 07:47:54 pm »

What did he get banned for?

Quoth the mod thread : Bigoted remarks/piracy.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2012, 07:51:54 pm »

Openly requesting piracy information and use of the word "newfag" as a not-first-offense.

A shame, really. He was a good guy, just couldn't quite get himself out of a certain mindset.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2012, 07:56:28 pm »

Openly requesting piracy information and use of the word "newfag" as a not-first-offense.

A shame, really. He was a good guy, just couldn't quite get himself out of a certain mindset.
I'd like to point out he didn't request Piracy Info ....

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2012, 07:59:29 pm »

According to the Toady One, he did. I would assume the whole mess has been deleted by now, so I wouldn't know, but it sounds plausible.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:18 pm »

'twas in the deep web thread he made in LA.

I do wonder though why he got perm-banned at the first time though.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2012, 08:01:14 pm »

According to the Toady One, he did. I would assume the whole mess has been deleted by now, so I wouldn't know, but it sounds plausible.
All he asked was how to use TOR safely, and then he was downloading some books off of a book site (The site was legit to)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8