Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: War Paint and Make Up  (Read 1452 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
War Paint and Make Up
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:13:15 pm »

So Footkerchief, I didn't find anything on War Paint nor Make Up and other cosmetics, so I suggest to implement war paint and makeups in the first place. I think it would be a nice addition to see enemies in the colours of the surroundings, or perhaps goblins wearing a war paint resembling skeletons. On the other hand it would be nice to see dwarf women and all elves to wear mascara, eyeshadow and lipstick. You would create this out of dyes and rocks maybe.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: War Paint and Make Up
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 02:25:29 pm »

So Footkerchief, I didn't find anything on War Paint nor Make Up and other cosmetics

Well, here's a thread titled "Makeup" from a search for "cosmetics".  Although it doesn't mention war paint by name, it goes into significantly more detail about how this would integrate with the rest of the game.  War paint has come up in some of the pigment threads.  Pigments as a whole have been discussed many times.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 03:17:56 pm »

this is why you never mention footkerchief. You look like a fool when they find something.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 06:35:56 pm »

this is why you never mention footkerchief. You look like a fool when they find something.
Footkerchief's just trying to help  :(

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 02:58:44 pm »

Footkerchief's just trying to help  :(
I know that, and they do it very effectively
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).