Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manufacturing tyranny.  (Read 1015 times)

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Manufacturing tyranny.
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:40:06 pm »

By Armok's beard, how do I turn my great jewelled cave of dwarven boozedom into feudal hierarchy that would let live my dwarves in a rat filled dungeon for 5 consecutive years... with water and plump helmets only (no pity).

Also about hospitals, what is the best cost/effective strategy, what are the best uses for bloodied dwarven amputees? I am considering above statement saying so! And more importantly, how can I make a dwarf survive in a bed without one ore more of his limbs?

What is the best way to recover up wounded and not get them dehydrating in a bed? More wells? Should I hire a special team of doctors?

Also, has anybody know a possible way to exile criminals caged into somekind of exile...

Can we use berserkers as weapons? And how?

FUN is of course needed here.

Captain Xenon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manufacturing tyranny.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:17:30 pm »

water and plump helmets is easy to do- create a burrow with access to a well and a farm plot or two. make a stockpile here, and allow only plump helmets and seeds (be sure to turn off prepared meals). you may want to have a 2nd farm to grow pigtails, which makes for a good cloth industry.

your hospital needs beds, tables, and traction benches, with a lot of chests to hold medical supplies. the best way to help the wounded is to have 2 or 3 dwarves where their only allowed labor is recover wounded and feed patient/prisoners. make sure to have enough buckets on hand.

exile criminals? well, you could create a separate burrow for them. maybe give them a few supplies and wall them into their own cave. walling them in may result in a 'survivor' who cant die from war when the rest of the fort dies out... that can result in a lot of !!Fun!! as migrant waves will later show up to the otherwise empty halls to build again.

if you want maximum fun, dig down to a cave level and send soldiers to fight anything that enters the map. some of those wild animals are downright lethal even to trained soldiers.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 12:41:38 am »

Thanx for the help. I guess sweet pods are not really needed...

I am currently building an immense spiral of doom with only shrooms and murky water!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 01:47:58 am »

Berserker collecting isn't hard either--make sure your workshops have a cage trap on the way out and fail every mood, you'll have some berserkers in no time.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 11:00:15 am »

Make amputees and what-not train your military (if they have decent skills).

If not, just use them as your resident cripple dwarf guard who fail at beating people up.

And succeed at absorbing arrows.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:03:45 am »

Lol thanks for the berserker tip never tought of that. Do they need water and food or they will just collapse one time or another?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 09:25:44 am »

Dwarves in cages don't need food or water, i can't remember if they get unhappy thoughts though.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 09:49:39 am »

Dwarves in cages don't need food or water...
This isn't true, unless it's been changed in the last version.

If it was true, I'd cage my nobles more frequently.  My old Zoo of Nobles resulted in a lot of dehydrated corpses.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:51:12 am by Kestrel »
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.