Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Psychics & Mages RTD {Turn 3!}  (Read 5982 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Psychics & Mages RTD {Turn 2!}
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2011, 02:53:26 pm »

"That's rather reasonable, really. Not what I'd expect from a mage of chaos, though," murmurs Gotvic.
*Facepalm* It's Rotvic. Rotvic Rotvic Rotvic.

"I'm hardly a nobleman. I'm not exactly sure what my parents were, but they were somewhere near the bottom. I never got to ask; someone killed them. Long story.

Anyway, guys, the back wall is less surrounded. If need be, we could make a run for it. Assuming of course we can stand the inevitable rain of painful stones. So, guys, what do you think? Make a break, fight, or give up? I'm indifferent to any of the three."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011, 02:57:46 pm »

"That's rather reasonable, really. Not what I'd expect from a mage of chaos, though," murmurs Gotvic.
*Facepalm* It's Rotvic. Rotvic Rotvic Rotvic.
I have no idea why this is happening, Tovric. Regardless: fixed!

...please do point out any typos. I'd like to think I do a good job of catching them, but apparently not.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2011, 03:00:55 pm »

"I just had a marvelous idea."

Pick up the guy, destabilize the barn, and charge through the wall where there aren't any angry guys.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:54:00 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2011, 03:16:50 pm »

"I don't like the sound of you having an idea."

Follow Derm, blast anyone who tries to stand in our way with Magic Missile.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2011, 03:20:07 pm »

"Oh come on. Ah at least we have a plan now." Renard says as he finishes cutting his arm, and runs after them.

Follow them, and Cut my arm. Use my blood to make a shield, and try to block anything the peasants throw at us.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2011, 07:14:00 pm »

Can I be waitlisted?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2011, 11:29:34 pm »

((Sorry, I haven't been able to use the internet for a while now. If I disappear again, don't hesitate to let someone on the waitlist fill in for me.))

"Alright, peasant, start explaining. How long ago did you get here? When did we get here?"

Interrogate the peasant, making vaguely threatening gestures with the pitchfork.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 11:31:30 pm »

"I like how you pick right in the middle of an escape attempt to interrogate a peasant. Your priorities must be 100% foolproof! In other news, start running. Now."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2011, 11:37:44 pm »

"Hey, a man's gotta ask questions before death. Especially when he can't 'frickin remember why he's about to die. Not that I'm saying we're going to die. I'm just saying."

"But yeah, Gat, it's time to start running."

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2011, 11:53:05 pm »

Read last paragraph of previous turn.

"*Snore* Whuzzat?! Huh? What?! The building is collapsing?!"

Strengthen pitchfork and run for it!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2011, 06:18:32 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Turn 3

The peasants weren't going to wait much longer. Derm could hear their shouts growing louder and angrier, their hearts inflamed with passion. The crackle of torches was not far off. He shot a glance toward the telepathic murderer, then outstretched a hand and pulled him to his feet. Throwing the distraught villager over his shoulder, he channeled mana into his hand, then sent it shooting out toward the western wall of the barn. He imbued it with destructive, chaotic energy -- it ripped through the air, bolts of mana ejecting from the slow-moving orb in every direction, lashing at the surroundings. It impacted the wall and the entire building began to shake. Nails holding the barn together turned to dust and the planks of wood gave way.
"Hurry up!" he shouted toward his companions, ushering them forward. The ceiling would be coming down shortly.

The four of them (plus one) charged through the wall of the barn, its wooden structure as weak as paper. They were met by a group of rowdy farmwives and ruddy-faced children. Rotvic raised a hand against them menacingly, prepared to obliterate their bodies with the charged magical energy he held at his fingertips. He hesitated for a single moment, and the mob broke out into a scream and scattered, reduced to panicking masses, all seeking to get as far away from the group as fast as possible.

Renard had already sliced open a large wound on his arm, and he was leaking blood all over the grassy field just outside the collapsing barn. He focused his energy on his blood, solidifying it, seeking to make a strong shield. Instead of solidifying in the manner he intended, it crystallized, becoming a brittle pile of crimson crystals to be crushed underfoot. He didn't notice at first, but as he continued to run, a throbbing pain in his arm became more and more prominent. At last, he gave it a look, and was aghast -- the wound had long since stopped bleeding, but jagged teeth-like protrusions erupted from the cut. His arm was losing color. He could feel that the blood inside his veins was slowly turning solid.

Gat was bringing up the rear. Earlier, he'd grabbed the pitchfork and forced its existence to conform to his idea of stability -- the wooden handle was reinforced, made strong as steel; the iron prongs hard as diamond. Spotting Renard gaping at his wound, he delivered a solid smack to the back of the bedraggled blood mage.
"Get moving, the mob won't be disoriented for long," he said, pulling his companion along.

The group ran, barely eluding the motley assemblage of peasants. After half an hour, the fatigued students rested. A glance back toward the horizon confirmed that they were far out of sight of the villagers. Derm set the telepath down, and his comrades sat on the grassy hill they found themselves atop. To the east lie the barn, to the west, grassy plains. A forest was located toward the north, and to the south was a road, running east-west, stretching off into the distance.

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:27:58 pm by Nilum »
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Psychics & Mages RTD {Turn 3!}
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2011, 06:22:00 pm »

"Damnit I hate how unstable this power is." Renard said as he placed his right hand on his left arm, and began to mumble.

Stop the blood in my body turning solid, and try to re-liquify  the crystallized blood.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2011, 06:28:45 pm »

"Well that was fun! Anyway, Gat, your a psychic guy, right? Tell this guy how to not make animals kill things. He can go wander off to a neighboring village or something."

Check surroundings for anything particularly interesting.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2011, 08:20:35 pm »

"Now, where the hell are we? I recognize nothing from this area. Also, Renard, a tip: Don't practice magic on yourself."

Examine the road for signs.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2011, 02:46:16 am »

"Thanks for the tip." Renard said, and gave him a sarcasm filled glare
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5