Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47

Author Topic: [Minecraft] Nations at War: WORLD'S DEAD NEW THREAD  (Read 50993 times)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile

I'd join in, but Minecraft MP lags HORRIBLY for me for some unknown reason. I've had an FPS lower than one. Also, escaped lunatic, GTFO this forum unless you actually play DF.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Is there a texture pack with a resolution smaller than the one on the site? I remember there was, but they stopped updating it or something. I'm asking in the vain hope that they started again for some reason.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Fiskav

I'd join in, but Minecraft MP lags HORRIBLY for me for some unknown reason. I've had an FPS lower than one. Also, escaped lunatic, GTFO this forum unless you actually play DF.

That's the spirit!   :D

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a texture pack with a resolution smaller than the one on the site? I remember there was, but they stopped updating it or something. I'm asking in the vain hope that they started again for some reason.
Sadly no, not yet. The maker of the current Pack mentioned working on one, but not yet...

-snip-
I can tell you right now. If you applied with that, you would get NO Yes votes.

They want clean and mature players, so you need to work on your application like your applying for a job. This goes for everyone...

Grammar and Spelling.
Using the correct template.
Expand more on "How did you Discover" and "What Gameplay Elements".
And finally Good images of your work that isn't Cobblestone Box houses are thing you need to work on improving.

Also don't just post once here, help us get to know you, the better we understand you the better chance we are not only willing to refer you but the better we can say we know you. The Admins are getting tired of people referring random people and have placed a Ban Warning over doing so. If we have been discussing things about DF Adventure or Fort modes with you or playing other games and Forum games with ya, then remind us cause that way we could remember who you are...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:36:29 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Fiskav

What Nevyn said.

Also, to people thinking of writing an application:

LOOK AT THE APPROVED ONES WITH A MAXMIMUM OF 2 NO VOTES!

They are the good ones, the ones that are outstanding.  Yours needs to be longer, more thorough, and better.  When I see an application, I expect paragraphs, not sentences.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

The admin says it's okay, Referral applications from bay12ers(who are not assholes or new, as emp put it)are now open!

Send me a PM of your app to me or Merchant and we'll check over your app and send it in!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't get image hosting to work, but the thing I planned on showing wasn't that impressive anyway. Should I cut the picture diary/show-off of my Budget Base line of entry-level traps and fortifications?

Empirical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Nations at War (MC Server)

I'm one of the admins for the NAW server, with that said:

If you'd like to apply you're more than welcomed to. Barring you didn't just make an account or have some absurdly low post count (this is just to weed out people who joined to get in through other means). I more than welcome the bay12 community.

For those of you who have issues applying to get onto a server, I understand your plea. We had some personal issues going forward with this but it has proved to be rather useful in weeding out stupid. I'll even post some of the worst apps we've come across shortly. For now, just think of them as dossier's. It's great seeing an amazing app and thinking "I want him". It's also amusing seeing a really terrible one at times (albeit depressing giving how many there are).

With that said, good luck.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally go over every person's app I get and coach them in areas of their app that are lacking. I've had a 100% success rate so far.

Fiskav

I personally go over every person's app I get and coach them in areas of their app that are lacking. I've had a 100% success rate so far.

:o I was under the impression that you had a robot to do it for you.   ;D

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Minecraft] Nations at War: NOW TAKING APPS FROM B12ers ONLY!
« Reply #235 on: December 31, 2011, 03:02:59 am »

No, I am robot.

BEEP BOOP REVIEW DESTROY
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:07:45 am by Heliman »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 31, 2011, 03:10:10 am »

Would a screenshot of DF architectural absurdity work as "things you've done"?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2011, 03:11:47 am »

In case no one knew. I am Nanoth in N@W. And if there is no problems with me doing referals I could help. But don't send to me if Heli and Merchant have said no.

That would't work...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2011, 03:17:11 am »

Hey guys.
First off, HOLY SHIT EMP.
Second, Stonesense screenshots might actually be cool  :P
Third, Whoo, seems Stoneholm war is kinda wrapping up.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Fiskav

« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2011, 03:24:24 am »

That would be very interesting.  The only problem is that to appreciate DF, you have to play DF.  But I'd still keep the screenshot in - the people on N@W respect those who play DF like a pro.  I'd include a Minecraft screenshot too, though.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47