Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Awesome-est God, ever.  (Read 2907 times)

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity Squared is Fish
    • View Profile
The Awesome-est God, ever.
« on: December 18, 2011, 01:05:09 am »

In my current No point embark fortress, I have a particular bone-crafter that is set to make crafts on repeat.  He also worships one of the best gods that I have ever heard of.  Here's a figurine.

This is a donkey bone figurine of Otung the Routed Bolt.
The item is an image of Otung the Routed Bolt, the deity of CHAOS, WAR, and FORTRESSES, depicted as a female dwarf in donkey bone by Urist McBonecarver. Otung the Routed Bolt is laboring.

What are some of your best deities?
The fastest GM in the woooooooorld!

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Re: The Awesome-est God, ever.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 01:14:15 am »

um thats just a normal goddess of war chaos and fortresses... your crafter made a little miniature statue of her.

Edit: oh but to contribute to the thread, My favorite was a Zal the dented shields of suffering, God of Death, Suicide, and Mountains most often takes the form of a Skeletal Male Dwarf. I had to make it the patron god of the fort and build a giant upturned skull with magma in its mouth in which the deceased were dropped to their final rest. It was before ghosts were in though, that would have been even more epic.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:20:01 am by Bloogonis »

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 01:26:33 am »

I think that would have still worked if the fortress was filled to the brim with ghosts.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 01:39:11 am »

Ya it would have, I just didn't have any I can almost picture the 2z deep magma that was the temples core swarming with the spirits of fallen dwarves. Gosh I miss that fort, it was my temple fort so I had built  temples to each of the Civs gods, but I had never had a god of death, AND suicide be a skeletal dwarf before. It also had a Giant Rat god of trade and jewels. makes me cry knowing that its gone forever because my computer exploded.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 02:07:55 am »

Adil the Purple Rocks was a deity that occurs in the myths of the Armor of Sanctums. Adil was most often depicted as a male dwarf and was most often associated with caverns, mountains, volcanos, fires, metals, minerals and jewels.

That's a pretty hardcore god there.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 02:17:25 am »

Sota Mistyflights was a deity that occurred in the myths of the Kingdom of Flying. Sota was most often depicted as a male fly and was associated with jealousy, rivers, lakes, oceans and fish.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 02:50:37 am »

A sea fly?

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 03:04:35 am »

I prefer Taron the Competition of Biting, goddess of war and fortresses, who takes the form of a female dwarf.  The best wars are won and lost by biting.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 05:26:35 am »

Urus the Hairy Larva is a deity of The Gear of Dunes. Urus most often takes the form of a female dragonfly and is associated with muck.

Shoveth the Dream of Mists is a deity of The Gear of Dunes. Shoveth most often takes the form of a whiny, self-centered, two timing bi- female dwarf and is associated with twilight.

Bazzak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 08:06:46 am »

Stelmith was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Massive Gravel.

Stelmith was most often depicted as a female dwarf and was associated with rivers, death and fish.

*sarcasm* I wonder what fish that might be! *sarcasm*

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 10:13:02 am »

Etur Beras (Earthen Cave), goddess of minerals and metal. Not particularly interesting, but overall the most relevant deity I've seen.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 10:30:22 am »

I had an Orcish couple get married.
The husband worships a mosquitor associated with the sun and an Orc associated with JUSTICE, LOYALTY, and CHARITY

The wife worhips a spider associated with the MOON and FISH and an Orc associated with TORTURE, CRUELTY, and DARKNESS.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 12:08:04 pm »

The husband worships a mosquitor associated with the sun and an Orc associated with JUSTICE, LOYALTY, and CHARITY

The wife worhips a spider associated with the MOON and FISH and an Orc associated with TORTURE, CRUELTY, and DARKNESS.
Smart couple.  They have their bases covered.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 01:11:16 pm »

FTW. They're like opposites. Because they are.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 10:25:40 pm »

My expedition leader worships this guy:

Ertal Fortunegilt the Golden Taxes is a deity of the Iron of Coalitions. Ertal most often takes the form of a male dwarf and is associated with wealth.

He is, by far, the most consistently named god I've ever had. Now I have to look up 'Ertal' and see if it means anything to do with money.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.
Pages: [1] 2