Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 2115 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 12:38:29 pm »

I saw this video about the thief and dynamic events.  The dynamic events seems pretty interesting...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 12:45:56 pm »

Thoroughly excited. I don't normally PvP, but I think the WvW in Guild Wars 2 might actually make me want to.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 10:14:50 pm »

Same here (re: PvP).

I've been cautiously excited about this for many months now. I used to really enjoy MMOs, but gradually came to hate the way they all stick to the typical formula of grinding for better gear so you can grind harder monsters so you can get better gear. And raids? I've never hated any feature in any game genre more than raids. There is nothing more boring and frustrating than waiting around outside a dungeon for 40+ minutes, waiting for guildmates or randoms to party up, just so you can START playing the goddamn content.

So naturally, GW2's dynamic events thing is very exciting to me. Basically it seems like they've eliminated all of the usual "wait around for X" tropes and just let players play whatever they want, whenever they want.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 [2]